Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178753 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #1770 on: June 04, 2012, 12:05:40 am »

Fucking. BEAUTIFUL.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: June 04, 2012, 12:17:31 am »

I hope I got all the cameos right. I figure Frog, Talvi and Draignean came off perfect, but I wasn't sure how you and Mitch would behave faced with an incredulous dwarf with wierd orders. And did you catch Terrahex? :)
Also, I really need to be told how to work the save game so I can see spearbreakers myself, I was guessing for over half the 'and he walked to' parts. The only one I was sure of was the living quarters level and Talvi's room being to the 'left' relative to the staircase.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: June 04, 2012, 12:18:34 am »

Drop it into the save folder. May need to change the name though dunno.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: June 04, 2012, 12:21:17 am »

Yeah, I have school finals until wendsday and then I won't have access to a computer for about a week, I'll write up an intro then

Edit: I doubt looking at the fort will help you understand it. After a few months of dedicated study, you might grasp the basic layout. All I know is that there's stuff on the first floor, more stuff on the second floor, bedrooms someplace and lava forges below.  Seriously, after a half hour that's all I've got.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:25:10 am by stormtemplar »
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: June 04, 2012, 12:25:48 am »

Kinda funny that DorfSplint just kinda bitchslapped him with a pretty much standardized routine xD

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: June 04, 2012, 12:28:58 am »

Hm, I got it in there as 'region99'. Not sure what to do now. It doesn't show up under 'Continue Playing' or 'Start Playing'. I'm off tomorrow, I'll figure it out then.

But I wanna see it... [/whine]

Wow, double TRIPLE ninja'd. :) And yeah, DorfSplint gave him exactly what he was asking for, but Urist couldn't compute, "This guy isn't totally batshit insane spewing crazyness at me like it was a weapon right now." After the rest of the crew, I'm surprised Urist even tried to talk to Splint and Mitch. I personally would have gotten a drink or seven to better understand the locals.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:31:55 am by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: June 04, 2012, 12:30:10 am »

Huh. Try a lower number, maybe that'll work.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: June 04, 2012, 12:34:14 am »

I figured it out. Set it lower, and also took it out of the file it was in. >.<

What the everloving fuck did you just do to me? This is pure insanity. OH MY GOD DAMN.
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: June 04, 2012, 12:35:24 am »

That does help.
And boy is poor Urist gonna be horrified at the state of equippment.

It seemed a large number of soldiers were wearing a mix of candy steel and civvies.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: June 04, 2012, 12:46:16 am »

I found me. Its the only thing that makes sense in this place... But I'm not fat. Everything else is right. Well, I don't have a special laugh when I'm annoyed. I just get tense.

And yes. Urist... His reaction wasn't even close enough. My god. I think you broke me. This place is undeniably epic in a hideously insane way.
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: June 04, 2012, 12:47:48 am »

Filename shouldn't matter AFAIK? ??? Not sure what the deal is.

Maybe you have nesting folders? Try looking in the Spearbreakers save to see if there's another folder inside. I do it all the time :p

Pretty good interpretation of my dwarf... brings back his self-medicating tendencies, which I'd kind of been drifting away from while still somehow ostensibly keeping as a trait (it's still there in my notes, I just haven't brought it up at all :-\). The whole shifting between hardened cynicism and cheerful denialism was pretty spot-on. He's not really supposed to talk like that, though. Pretty true to what I was aiming for considering what you had to work with.

Haven't really been reading the stories, though, as I've been in a shitty mood and I'd just end up either getting irritated at you for doing a bad job and bitching you out or (more likely) become envious of your writing ability and post cruel things to tear you down. I don't think anyone would come out a winner in that scenario :(

Relatedly... where'd Talvieno vanish to? :/ Should I start collating these instead? I really have nothing else to do.

Ninja'd 6 times. Sacré merde.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: June 04, 2012, 12:49:12 am »

Good luck man. Although he really only saw slight glimpses of things. Plus we have an obscene amount of doors which justifies that.

Got the mess of mugs spot on though!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: June 04, 2012, 01:06:36 am »

Filename shouldn't matter AFAIK? ??? Not sure what the deal is.

Maybe you have nesting folders? Try looking in the Spearbreakers save to see if there's another folder inside. I do it all the time :p

Pretty good interpretation of my dwarf... brings back his self-medicating tendencies, which I'd kind of been drifting away from while still somehow ostensibly keeping as a trait (it's still there in my notes, I just haven't brought it up at all :-\). The whole shifting between hardened cynicism and cheerful denialism was pretty spot-on. He's not really supposed to talk like that, though. Pretty true to what I was aiming for considering what you had to work with.

Haven't really been reading the stories, though, as I've been in a shitty mood and I'd just end up either getting irritated at you for doing a bad job and bitching you out or (more likely) become envious of your writing ability and post cruel things to tear you down. I don't think anyone would come out a winner in that scenario :(

Relatedly... where'd Talvieno vanish to? :/ Should I start collating these instead? I really have nothing else to do.

Ninja'd 6 times. Sacré merde.

I'm glad I was fairly close at least. I figured I wasn't doing his dialogue right, but it was the best way I could show he was really ****ed up on future drugs. I probably should have made most of it internal. He kinda came off as Johnny Depp in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas to me.

And if you see something legitmately bad, don't hesitate to say so. I ain't scared. Ima write it up anyways. :) And if you're just pissy and you rip on me, I totally understand. I'm going to jail next week on my two days off cuz I didn't pee in a cup last week, plus I've been working frickin' overtime and everyone acts like I'm a lazy asshole mega-addict all the time, not to mention I have a permanently broken right hand.
I... Understand anger. :)

Edit: And yeah, we're some ninja'ing motherfuckers tonght, aren't we?
He's fucking with us.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: June 04, 2012, 01:08:39 am »

I hope I got all the cameos right. I figure Frog, Talvi and Draignean came off perfect, but I wasn't sure how you and Mitch would behave faced with an incredulous dwarf with wierd orders. And did you catch Terrahex? :)
Also, I really need to be told how to work the save game so I can see spearbreakers myself, I was guessing for over half the 'and he walked to' parts. The only one I was sure of was the living quarters level and Talvi's room being to the 'left' relative to the staircase.

Hahaha, mine was perfect. We gotta do more stuff like that.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: June 04, 2012, 01:11:04 am »

What about "wanting to beat a co-worker to death over screwing up a display with a tire iron" anger?

Anmd I did catch terrahex. Seemed the most out of place since it seemed like a constant stream of insanity until he got to the tower xD
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 815