Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178847 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #1860 on: June 06, 2012, 05:50:36 pm »

Holy crap, this thread is awesome. Can I be dorfed as 'Sword'? Non-military, preferably male, although either gender is fine with me. I'd ask for a turn as overseer, but my inexperience would probably doom the fort. I don't think I'd have any clue what to do with an ASCII fort that isn't mine. (Blame the LNP and the graphic sets that come with it.)

I just finished reading this entire thread. Haven't had time for DF or anything. Still took me almost 20 hours, spread out over 3 days. I've particularly liked those story entries, especially Mr Frog's and Hanslanda's. Also, Mr Frog, can I borrow the Spawn for my own game? I'm asking instead of just downloading one of the saves and copying the raws because you mentioned to someone else you had a less-buggy version of them than is in Spearbreakers.

I've been lurking Bay12 for a month or two, now, but this thread managed to draw me out of lurking, which is a pretty good feat considering I never register on anything. Sadly, you didn't spoil HFS for me (the spoiler was actually what introduced me to the game; TV Tropes can take you to some random places, if you let it.) I'm looking forward to when you guys actually breach it, though. Lots of !!Fun!! will be had.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 06, 2012, 07:02:10 pm »

Just finished reading through this thread ( took me a while :P ) and I have to say it is definately the best thing I have read in a long while!  I had a lot of fun reading through the various journals as well.  I don't suppose I could be dorfed?  preferably a male militia member named 'Draco' if thats available. (should be fun being torn to shreds when the HFS is breached.)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 06, 2012, 08:58:46 pm »

Welcom aboard the crazy train boys! Added to the list.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 06, 2012, 09:39:49 pm »

update? plzplzplz
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 06, 2012, 10:01:40 pm »

@Paintbrushturkey:

I think Storm said that it's going to be a couple weeks.

@swordsmith:

I'll get around to putting them up eventually. Also, thank you for the kind words. I've consciously decided to step away from writing for a bit, as it seems to almost always lead to a nervous breakdown of apocalyptic proportions :-\ My main contributions to the thread for the foreseeable future will have to consist solely of witty comments.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:09:36 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 06, 2012, 10:40:53 pm »

update? plzplzplz

If I recall right, he's got exams so it'll be a week and a half to two and then he'll be free to play. he has the save, and he keeps active outside of being to play (though it's only in little spurts.)

@ Mr Frog - I have an idea for you, a pprelude to what got him sent in the first place. Only needs to be a one off or a sequence of recordings detailing that one thing he did to piss upmanage off enough to dump him in a horrible little blight on the world caked in blood that stinks of burning meat.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 06, 2012, 10:56:34 pm »

Indeed. I'll have a preliminary update next wednesday and play from there.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 06, 2012, 11:01:10 pm »

More meat for the grinder Welcome to Spearbreakers!

And now I present the latest update in the Urist saga, mystery dwarf included for fuller flavor.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:54:03 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 06, 2012, 11:49:00 pm »

@Splint:

I'd love to write some more stuff, but it just has not ended well for me of late :-\ I basically start panicking over whether I'll do a good job*, which is made worse by the fact that I actually have to publish it to the thread eventually and thus can't just keep editing it for eternity.

*Before anyone says anything -- yes, I am aware that my work on this thread has generally been well-received. However, this is not a rational sort of anxiety. There's a little part of my brain that's absolutely convinced that everything's going to go bad in the worst possible way and no amount of logic will ever sway it. Trust me. I have tried.

Anyways, I absolutely will not be writing anything until classes are out. We're currently doing review, and being shut in a room for 3 hours with nothing to do but brood is enough to drive me from 'anxiety attack' to 'Running around babbling!' :-\ Possibly after.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 07, 2012, 12:08:42 am »

I cannot help to think you have a slight touch of mild multiple personality disporder, or just flat anxiety issues.

And Hans, again lovely work. And.... How the heck did the- oh right, Adamantine.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 07, 2012, 01:20:40 am »

@Hans:

Yikes, almost missed your story there :-[ Just put it in a separate post unless nobody's posted since your last one.

One thing I'm still concerned about is what exactly was in that drink Mr Frog gave him. Mr Frog doesn't seem like the type to do things just for giggles.

@Splint:

Anxiety issues, yes. I am always on edge. My resting heart rate is 50% higher than the average human's.

Dissociative Identity Disorder is an odd illness that may or may not even exist in a true pathological sense... I don't think it's a diagnosis that should be dragged out lightly, especially in a nonprofessional context. I certainly don't have it, in any case.

But this is the Spearbreakers thread, not the Mr Frog Moans About His Mental Issues thread :p  I think everyone would appreciate it if we steer the discussion away from this territory :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:33:14 am by Mr Frog »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: June 07, 2012, 11:31:59 am »

I cannot help to think you have a slight touch of mild multiple personality disporder, or just flat anxiety issues.

And Hans, again lovely work. And.... How the heck did the- oh right, Adamantine.

The thumb thing? Or something else?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 07, 2012, 01:17:53 pm »

Yes the thumb thing.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 07, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »

Oh hey. I have a huge origin story of Spawn. Mostly done in one sitting too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:15:42 am by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 07, 2012, 05:23:16 pm »

Mitch, that was made of win.

Time for me to continue with the Barbarians after I play through more of Swordthunders then.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 815