Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2179006 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #1920 on: June 11, 2012, 10:03:49 pm »

Hehe, yay. :)

I don't have an Urist update just yet, but I'll be posting one in the next 1-2 hours. I'm a little stressed, and I plan on throwing goblins down the shaft until I feel better.  8) Ah, catharsis, thy name is Dwarf Fortress.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: June 11, 2012, 10:04:36 pm »

Hah. Glad to hear from someone. DEAD PLACE IS DEAD.

Hurry up Stormtemplar!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: June 11, 2012, 10:10:29 pm »

*crickets noise*
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: June 11, 2012, 11:20:25 pm »

So, my goblin execution chamber is a 15z level shaft, with a smooth stone floor at the bottom. Being genre savvy, I also put weapon traps around the door, to keep building destroyers in. Also, I put cage AND weapon traps in the hallway to the connected refuse pile, because I'm paranoid. AND FINALLY, upright spikes in the final corridor to the fortress proper, just in case some inhuman sonouvabitch survives a 15z level drop, weapon and cage traps, and breaks through two doors.
I like being thorough.

In other news, here is the latest Urist.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And now, for a special treat, independant of the Urist tales.

Chapter Ten: Fungal Agents, from On Complex Anti-Hypnotics and Anti-Amnesiacs, by Grendal Vasiliy
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parasol, right? Cuz I wanted to put Weyland-Yutani... :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:07:20 pm by Hanslanda »
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: June 12, 2012, 12:16:45 am »

The word you wanted was "Excerpt." otherwise, beautiful work as always!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: June 12, 2012, 12:22:42 am »

Damn it. I wish there was a forum somewhere in the world that had both a spellcheck AND modify button. >.< I use both. But thanks beside that. :)
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: June 12, 2012, 12:29:01 am »

Stories and whatnot of all kinds help keep the thread alive, or at least look alive. Quite honestly if I had any skill with music I'd  have made some kind of theme for this godforsaken pit in the ground.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: June 12, 2012, 12:35:57 am »

*music notes* Spearbreakers... Don't go there! Its a really terrible place... Full of evil and Draignean the ace! [/off key, tuneless caterwauling]
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: June 12, 2012, 02:02:17 am »

Would now be a terrible time to mention that I've decided to name the corporation Mr Frog's been carefully avoiding mentioning the name of "Ballpoint Technologies"? I decided that Parasol should be left alone for the time being.

I do find it vaguely-amusing and also somewhat-depressing that 95% of the posts for the last few pages are from Splint, Hansie, and myself. I sincerely hope that there's just an assload of lurkers reading and that we haven't turned into Those Three Guys Doing That Thing Nobody Cares About :-\

Classes are out for me in a couple of days, so I might be able to resume writing. Might. *scattered cheers*
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 12, 2012, 02:32:44 am »

It's just dead due to lack of updates, but that's because Stormtemplar is indisposed for another week to half week. whichever. And Ballpoint Technologies..... I support this cause it sounds funny.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: June 12, 2012, 03:32:30 am »

I, for one, am actively lurking on the thread.
There isn't much for me to contribute at the time though,especially since Sus III probably won't be doing much besides lying in traction...

Anyways, great piece of Barbarian lore there, Splint. Also, can't wait to see how stuff plays out between Urist, Mr Frog and Joseph.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: June 12, 2012, 03:59:37 am »

Well I just figured as the most obscure of the races involved, they need fleshing out. I said for you guys to PM me any suggestions and Hans was the only one to do so.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: June 12, 2012, 12:15:02 pm »

@Mr Frog: That's totally what I said, isn't it? :P And no, we aren't those three guys yet. Paintbrushturkey and Sus are still around, and Stormtemplar is getting around to his update, I'm sure.

@Splint: I am apparently the only one here with no life. >.<
He's fucking with us.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: June 12, 2012, 01:09:05 pm »

I've been busy but I'll update tomorrow! I promise. I'm gonna wake up early, get slaughtered in a Starcraft tournament and should be playing DF by 12:30.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: June 12, 2012, 01:30:35 pm »

No time like the present to stop lurking and actually post, I suppose :p

I've been reading Spearbreakers pretty much daily for a while now - one of the first things I do when I wake up is load up this topic and see if anything happened. So yes, there's at least one lurker out there who's reading it :p and likely more.

I find all of the little stories to be very enjoyable to read - I made an attempt to read through Headshoots and Syrupleaf before I started reading this, so I do understand a fair chunk of what's going on (although due to my horrible memory, I've already forgotten a lot of what I read).

... In all honesty, I think this is the first succession fortress I've posted in, and I've read a lot of them. Always been too shy to post >.>

Feels weird asking (since I'm usually just lurking and not posting), but if the opportunity comes up, you could dorf me - whatever male happens to be free (uncrippled and in the military or metalworking preferred). If a dwarf does become available, just name him Magnus. Otherwise, I'm quite happy just sitting back and reading :)
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 815