Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178974 times)

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #2010 on: June 20, 2012, 06:49:33 am »

Okay lets start with some backstory....

Bukit redyed his sword at the monsters,he didn't know much about fightin, but he made this sword when he was a dwarfling and knows every curve and every edge of this steel blade. He jumped the monsters chest-tongue  and priced his heart. it let out a pained screech and fell to the ground, the next swiped at him, he jumped on the claw and cut the monster down the middle, it fell to the ground:dead. The last on had a pink tint, he guessed it was the leader. It chomped, he dodged , then.. the trance set in, he became a fury of blade a beard and did not stop till that one fatal strike. It fell. The pink faded he sheathed the blade and went on with the journey,  the monsters were gone.

By Armoks infinite beard His group of migrants will not become theses abominations anytime soon...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:52:40 am by bukitodinos »
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: June 20, 2012, 09:40:52 am »

Okay, thoughts:

Again, sorry I disappeared. It was actually a combination of my computer "shitting the bed" and the internet going out, though the former tends to override the latter as when both are active at the same time.

I'm going to have to make a very, very interesting journal entry as to Talvi's missing cavies, and Mr Frog's attempt to give Talvi an extreme case of amnesia. I suspect that Talvi's brain is messed up too much for that to work. ;D To it's credit, it might bring her a step closer to it working - activate some of the dormant areas of her brain, perhaps. That might make for an interesting read... This ought to break her crush on Mr Frog, though.

Also, am I the only one who reads Joseph's lines in the voice of Mr Smith from The Matrix? Joseph is evil, now I'm sure of it.

Hanslanda - your stories are amazing. I'll getting them up in post 2 (Yes, I'm resuming my duties), and I think at least a couple of them deserve the <<decorations>>. You are definitely a better writer than I am, no question. lol   I wouldn't mind reading a novel of yours, if you could keep a story of this quality going for that length.

Also, I'm only at June 3rd so far - page 118. I'll post again when I get farther along.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: June 20, 2012, 10:27:29 am »

Hoo boy that entry should be interesting.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: June 20, 2012, 01:24:03 pm »

@Talvieno:

Heeheehee! I was so excited to see the reaction journal when I wrote that, but it didn't look like it was going to materialize... UNTIL NOW.

Joseph speaking like Smith... that works eerily well for what I had posted. I personally pictured him speaking very calmly and pleasantly, like he was talking to a child or some such. I picture Joseph as being sort of a self-styled Übermenschean messiah figure, so perfect in both appearance and manner that it's actually unnerving. I go into this in a bit more detail in the follow-up to that post, which I haven't finished and may not ever post.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: June 20, 2012, 01:33:43 pm »

Ah come on man, you canm share with us. We won't judge. Seriously, I think we've lost the rights to be judgemental when we began this.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: June 20, 2012, 02:13:53 pm »

@Talvieno: Thank you good sir, I greatly appreciate the compliments, as well as your return.

@MrFrog: Post it. :P Please?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: June 20, 2012, 04:36:48 pm »

Okay, fine. Note that this isn't an official update and I wrote much of this at around 2:00am, which is why the description gets a little loopy in some points.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:39:20 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: June 20, 2012, 05:37:25 pm »

Dun dun DUUUUNNN!

I feel like DorfFrog is going to play Xanatos Speed Chess with Joseph.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: June 20, 2012, 05:55:51 pm »

I don't think these dwarves will let thier chief engineer go without a fight.... And it is unwise to doubt poorly equipped, poorly organized, and frighteningly well led soldiers.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: June 20, 2012, 06:46:28 pm »

I don't think these dwarves will let thier chief engineer go without a fight.... And it is unwise to doubt poorly equipped, poorly organized, and frighteningly well led insane soldiers.

Ftfy

I am not sure how this will go. Although it would be awesome to see plasma gun equipped SEALs-esque timecop special forces beaten down by a bunch of insane, vomit encrusted sociopathic midgets in bright blue armor.

He's fucking with us.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: June 20, 2012, 07:08:52 pm »

Okay, I've finished reading, and I'm completely up-to-date. I laughed quite a bit, and I've got a LOT to put into the second post. lol   But I'll get to work on it. :) As to Mr Frog's being a dabbling editor, he does it with DF monsters you've created, too. He removed the awesome eyes from my Scythods... My reaction to criticism is either to accept it, or, if I find the criticism flawed, to defensively launch into a giant (enjoyable, to me) scientific debate. After which I may see reason... like I did.

Mr Frog - did the cavies really get killed during your turn, though? lol   Talvi is going to have a fit over that. And while I'm thinking about it:
DF FORUMS: Talvieno
SPEARBREAKERS: Talvi

It gets confusing, with -i being typically a female ending, and -o being typically a male one. Bit of a mixup with the assigned gender at the beginning.

Very glad you're back, The Master! And to all lurkers, a big Heyaa. :) Glad to have you around, even if you don't post.

Hanslanda - excellent story! Epic to the end. If Spearbreakers eventually joins everything else at the lparchive, I'm hoping it gets included - it was definitely good enough, in my opinion. I'm going to take the liberty to nominate part 1, part 5, and part 14 for decoration (I keep saying I won't nominate things, but it keeps happening). Also, this:

plasma gun equipped SEALs-esque timecop special forces
strongly reminds me of this:
Spoiler: big pic (click to show/hide)

Looking forwards to your updates, stormtemplar!

and now, off to modify post #2... big job here. lol

edit: Mr Frog, sorry, missed your post. Had a lot to write about in this one. Your continuation of the Mr Frog-Joseph fiasco makes it pretty clear that Joseph can't sound like Mr Smith - or even Deep Throat. What comes to mind is Carpathia from the Left Behind series - good to all appearances, but with a hidden evil underside. That aside, very glad you posted that. lol   Also, Talvi is going to want to kill your dwarf now. Just so you know. ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:16:23 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: June 20, 2012, 07:17:16 pm »

My statment is based off of a human settlment I ran, with a horrible mixture of copper, very rare steel, bronze, leather, and cloth fighting off mounted iron clad goblins while severly outnumbered. Just imagine how badly a small spec ops team will do in cramped poorly lit tunnels packed with fighting animals will do against soldiers who are drilled constantly and armed with steel, iron and adamantine, while being led by a possible crossdressing psychopath.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: June 20, 2012, 07:18:56 pm »

'Talvi' is 62.5% the length of 'Talvieno', which is why I use it.

I vaguely recall throwing a cavy down to AshSpawn during my turn, but that's the extent of actual cavy fatalities in the fortress AFAIK. Of course, considering the nature of Spearbreakers canon, there's still nothing much stopping there being a secret mass gravy-cave under Mr Frog's bed.

Joseph has a far tidier method of extracting Mr Frog on hand. HINT: wormholes.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: June 20, 2012, 07:23:08 pm »

aww.... And I was hoping for a a quick in and out backfire involving a section of the living quarters caving in, a pincked retreat, and the dwarves her getting thier grubby mits on all kinds of new toys....

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: June 20, 2012, 09:49:29 pm »

@Talvieno: Crysis. And the first part was my favorite, so if it comes down to only one, just pick the first one. :)

@Splint: I'd like to see that combat log.
The Extractor fires his -Plasma Carbine- at Fischer.
The spinning +plasma bolt+ is deflected by the <<*Adamantine Mailshirt*>>
Fischer lets out a laugh, fell and terrible!
Fischer stabs the Extractor with her +Steel Pike+ in the lower body, tearing the guts through the -Ballistic Body Armor-.
The Extractor looks sick!
The Extractor retches!
The Extractor vomits!

Fischer twists the +Steel Pike+!
Fischer punches the Extractor in the head with her right hand, shattering the skull and tearing the brain through the *Thermal Nightvision Goggles*!
The Extractor has been struck down!
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 815