Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2193165 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #2145 on: June 25, 2012, 10:46:00 pm »

I suppose the problem with "uninvitee" is that it seems to imply that some sort of specific action was taken to prevent the person from being invited. Like, "Rakust's having a rave party in the statue garden, and under no circumstances must Tirist receive an invitation. No, I don't care if he comes anyways. Just make sure he's not invited. THIS IS IMPORTANT. LIVES HANG IN THE BALANCE."

Basically, an uninvitee implies the existence of an uninviter, which is... odd.

Lol, I'm trying to imagine dwarves having a rave, and all I can picture is FrogDorf scratching records and dwarves snorting forgotten beast dust.

...And now he's a DJ. My dwarf is truly multitalented.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: June 25, 2012, 10:57:44 pm »

Clearly his vast technical knowlege (I dunno if I'm being humorous or not, since he hath bestowed upon the world the protochainsword) will yield the means to create such parties. Why? Simply because he was bored and wanted to find a more entertaining way to see if dwarfves can have epilepsy besides shining a strobe light at them.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: June 25, 2012, 11:01:44 pm »

Now DorfDJFrog is scratching records, surveying the crowd, and recording how many dwarves are having seizures on his PEA. Then he takes a big swig of tetorodotoxin and starts scratching again.
My god I must be tired to be picturing all this.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: June 25, 2012, 11:08:08 pm »

It's tetrodotoxin, AKA Scourge of the Sushi Bar.

In case that was too vague, tetrodotoxin is pufferfish venom.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: June 26, 2012, 12:08:06 am »

It's tetrodotoxin, AKA Scourge of the Sushi Bar.

In case that was too vague, tetrodotoxin is pufferfish venom.

Ah. All I did was add an 'o' between the 't' and the 'r'. I was close. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: June 26, 2012, 12:54:21 am »

Lol at DJ Frog (no period). Since dwarves would go nuts over electric lights, I suppose he would have do something different - perhaps release various particles into torches through small metal tubes. Something like this, but on a much larger scale.

Hans - see you when you get back. We'll keep it active for you, don't worry. :)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: June 26, 2012, 01:03:21 am »

You better. :) I will return soon, and when I do I expect much catching up to do.
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: June 26, 2012, 01:35:14 am »

*rereads*

Whoa, wait, Hansie's going to jail? Why?

@Talvi:

Nonono, it's DJ. Frog. Gawd, it's like I'm the only person here with any sense.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:45:13 am by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: June 26, 2012, 06:31:39 am »

I got to sleep for 8 measly hours and this place is dead! What the hell people!

And yes, DJ. Frog makes sense, as the 'Mr' part is part of his name, rather than title, like DJ would be. Still funny as hell.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: June 26, 2012, 08:11:13 am »

Whoa, wait, Hansie's going to jail? Why?
For being too damn awesome, would be my guess.

Also, lol. :P "DJ."

Actually, Splint, as DJ stands for "Disc Jockey", it's more likely that it would be "D.J.", though people usually drop the periods and just say "DJ". Still, Dwarf Mr Frog being insistent on everyone spelling definitely goes along with his character.

edit: But let's get to work, shall we? I want to have a ton of new stories/journal entries/updates for Hans to look forwards to when he gets back. :) I'm working on that next entry of Vanya's now - trouble yesterday was that I wrote myself into a bit of a dead-end.

Stormtemplar, looking forwards to that next update. And don't forget to read the Dwarven Ten Commandments a few pages back.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:17:40 am by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: June 26, 2012, 02:51:38 pm »

[ALERT-TEMPORAL DISTRESS CALL INCOMING. STAND BY....]
[DISTRESS CALL RECIEVED. CONNECTING, STAND BY....]
[CONFIGURING... STAND BY.....]

[BROADCASTING.]

- A human of possibly 5'8" or so appears on the screen. He is wearing equipment that is most definatly not period appropriate, among them a blood smeared suit of strange armor and a helmet with a gracked looking port. He appears shaken, and sounds of autmoatic weapons can be heard.

Sir! this is Recovery 2! Those bastards from Parasol were waiting for us at the DZ! I repeat, we have been ambushed! We 've already lost  nine men and three others are in critical condition! Jumpgate operator was killed and his portable gate got trashed, we need help! We have aborted the mission to retrieve an HS-2 specimen, as we cannot continue agiainst this kind of resistance! I repeat, we cannot continue with the mission and are requesting immediate reinforcment and extrac-AUUGHR!

-Blood splashes across the screen as the human is struck in the head by something and the front of his helmet explodes outward, the remains mercifully slumping offscreen. then a thickly accented voice is heard shouting in dwarven:

"Come on, get these bodies up! We don't have long before that caravan passes through. And somebody trash that transmitter!"  "What about the others? They left the wounded and bolted sir."

-Two dwarves, in similarly strange equippemnt are seen, and several shots heard, implying that the wounded have been shot. The two onscreen  heave the dead human off the transmitter, one raising a foot and stomping on the screen, though a final phrase is caught by the transmitterbefore the machine is destroyed.

"Hunt them down, and kill them all."

[TRAMSISSION TERMINATED]
[PROBABLE CAUSE: TRANSMITTER DESTRUCTION.]

[RECOMMENDATION: DEPLOYMENT OF TEIR 5 RECOVERY TEAMS TO RECOVER OR DESTROY BALLPOINT TECHNOLOGIES EQUIPMENT IN ITERATION 458-023. LOADOUT TO INCLUDE ANTIPERSONEL ORDANENCE AND INCINDIARY DEFOLIANT PROJECTORS.]

[FACTOR OF CONSIDERATION: PRESENCE OF THE 'Nemian Private Security Coporation' (NPSC) FORCES UNDER PARASOL INDUSTRIES EMPLOY. FACTOR WARRENTS DEPLOYMENT OF IFV UNITS FOR SUPRESSION PURPOSES.]

[AVILABLE INTELLIGENCE ON ENEMY FORCES FOR CONSIDERATION: NPSC IS KNOWN TO EMPLOY MORE FIREPOWER THAN NEEDED TO ACCOMPLISH ANY MISSION, BARRING ASSASSINATION. KNOWN WEAPONS INCLUDE:]

[PI87HSW]
[PI23MAR]
[PI27IDP]
[BT150MAR]
[BT150AADS-MP]
[BT21SS]
[MELEE WEAPONS OF CONTRACTORS' HOMELAND ORIGIN.]
[LCC Mk. 32 IFV(S)]

[TEIR 5 RECOVERY TEAMS 3 - 9 ALERTED AND PREPARING FOR TRANSIT.]
[AST 1-3 ALERTED AND PREPARING FOR TRANSIT.]
[RECOVERY FORCE STRENGTH: 135 CONTRACTORS, EXCLUDING ARMORED CREWS. 9 IFV UNITS WITH EXPLOSIVE MUNTIONS.]

[ESTIMATED ENEMY STRENGTH: MINIMUM: 30 CONTRACTORS. MAXIMUM: 80 CONTRACTORS. NO ARMOR SUPPORT. ]
[ANTIARMOR PERSONEL EXPECTED AMONG NPSC FORCES.]

--------

[Ok, for the record all of the above weapons were pulled from my ass and represent the following

MAR - Magnetic Accelerator Rifle. The Dwarven railgun of our future will be based off the one made by Mr Frog's former employers, Ballpoint Technologies, since he has probably needed to learn how to use one properly for dangerous research missions he needed to go on personally.

HSW - Heavy Suppression Weapon. An LMG on steroids basically, requiring a harness of sorts to wield properly.

IDP - Incindiary Defolliant Projector. A good ol' hand-held flamer.

AADS-MP - AntiArmor Defense System, Man-Portable. A rocketlauncher prone to malfunction, but easy to get as it's an outdated model.

SS - Sniper System. Don't need to go any further with that.

IFV(S) - An Infantry Fighting Vehicle meant to scare the living shit out of enemy troops and keep thier heads down rather than kill them.

AST - Armored Supression Teams. IFV/APC units.

BT - Ballpoint Technologies.

PI - Parasol Industries

LCC - Lernean Cybernetics Cpeoration.

SO pardon this abortion, I was bored. The view is as a technician in charge of monitoring recovery teams for Ballpoint Technologies.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: June 26, 2012, 03:40:22 pm »

Did bukit get dorfed?
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: June 26, 2012, 03:46:03 pm »

There probably isn't any dorfs available, and if we don't clean out the undead there won't be one available for some time.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: June 26, 2012, 05:30:48 pm »

Next Vanya/Talvi update is mostly finished - just need to get it polished up.

Splint - where was that taking place? lol   Sounds like Ballpoint and Parasol are duking it out somewhere near Spearbreakers... did I miss something somewhere?

Bukitodinos - we haven't heard all that much from stormtemplar, but if he gets migrants anytime soon I'm very sure you'll get dwarfed. Provided they don't die, of course... As it's likely you'll be dwarfed in the very near future, you might just start making journal entries/stories as if Bukit had already arrived at the fortress.

On a side note: sorry for my last entry. I realize it was ridiculously long - enough for two chapters of a book, really. lol   when I really start enjoying myself, I can get carried away. :P the next one will be shorter.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: June 26, 2012, 05:36:19 pm »

Well I did a bad thing.

Caravan - Urist's caravan
HS-2 Specimen - the BT soldiers were after one of the spawn that would ambush said caravan

See what i did there? But yes, there's fight that they're trying to keep out of view of locals. The key difference, is I've decided to paint Ballpoint as a front for a non-governmental military force, compared to Parasol who's using PMCs. Which is more effective is up to debate.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 815