Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2192926 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #2160 on: June 26, 2012, 10:06:05 pm »

Oooh, complex continuity... That's wild, man. Are they supposed to be fighting over control of the spawn, or is one side intent on destroying them? It seems they definitely have the resources for it, so somehow I doubt that's the case...

Maybe what actually happened is that Joseph himself released the things back into this universe via time travel, and genetically modified them to be capable of infecting dwarves and increasing their numbers... all with the intent of creating an enormous army.

I'm a bit confused, though, I'll admit... Where did Ballpoint come from? I thought it was all Parasol? Or am I forgetting something?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: June 26, 2012, 11:04:24 pm »

Double posting with the next part of my little series. I'm enjoying this way, way too much.

From the Journals of Vanya

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: It's way, way too quiet tonight. :-\ Where is everybody?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:47:32 am by Talvieno »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: June 27, 2012, 12:59:30 am »

Me: Studying for exams
Mitch: DF hiatus
Hansie: Incarcerated
Splint: Tired from work?
storm: Struggling to survive the madness

I think that accounts for everyone that matters at the moment. Besides Talvieno. Whose journals I somehow still have not gotten around to reading :\
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: June 27, 2012, 04:40:08 am »

I start work as an apolsterer's assistant soon and I need to be on a decent sleep schedual. Plus I can't think of anything for a journal until Storm gets an update, since he's plodding along and said he wants to have a proper update ready next time he posts, so I'm jumping into what I know best since it's an avilable thing now.

And that thing is using two unethical extradimensional time-hopping companies with PMCs or thier own Company Troops fighting a war in the shadows, sending men, dwarves, and whatever else they've employed to fight farther from home thn any dwarf could ever hope to grasp, And even then thier efforts will go unremembered, thier deaths unknown to anyone but thier companies, and even then they may not care. They can always hire replacements.

And Ballpoint was mentioned by Mr Frog, both dorf and literal, and I hijacked it as a sort of rival to Parasol, resulting in a super unpleasent interwoven mess of conflicts that the dwarves of Spearbreakers don't know is happening, and for all they know may affect thier own survival.

EDIT: Damn Talvieno, this is indeed getting friggen dark, and I think I know what happened: I know for a fact all races can be overcome by a strange mood. The result of an elven merchant in a human town may be the result of that bracelet, resulting in one or more, if thier family was punished as well, elvish outcasts. So how would an outcast elvish metalworker who became so enamoured with metal they abandoned thier own ways ensure a normal life for a child? Find someone willing to raise them.

Vanya Just happened be be picked up by or given to some dwarves it seems if my guesses are right.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: June 27, 2012, 07:02:30 am »

il just be lurkin in this corner...

if anyone needs me call.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: June 27, 2012, 08:08:27 am »

More of the derranged crosscontinuitytimetravledeminsionhopping fun, featuring most prominently here, a Ballpoint Tech Contractor named Ecem, leading the recovery forces sent to recover or destroy anything left by the mecernaries at attaced Recovery 2.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am starting to have too much fun with this.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: June 27, 2012, 11:04:14 am »

Gonna be a new update today, I'll start work on the garbage chute ASAP. I'm also going to build a gladiatorial arena. Also, I read the commandments. If I'm really getting a siege soon, well...**** I don't have time to reinforce the defenses before attempting to break through. Gonna draft a few more noobs into the marksdwarf squads and then give everyone a little trial by fire. Wish me luck! Also, I've got 3 exclusive miners right now, but I'll bump that number up for my building projects
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 11:14:20 am by stormtemplar »
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: June 27, 2012, 11:14:37 am »

EDIT: Damn Talvieno, this is indeed getting friggen dark, and I think I know what happened: I know for a fact all races can be overcome by a strange mood. The result of an elven merchant in a human town may be the result of that bracelet, resulting in one or more, if thier family was punished as well, elvish outcasts. So how would an outcast elvish metalworker who became so enamoured with metal they abandoned thier own ways ensure a normal life for a child? Find someone willing to raise them.

Vanya Just happened be be picked up by or given to some dwarves it seems if my guesses are right.
Glad you read it. :D And actually, I haven't fully decided what race Vanya is yet, or even whether or not she's a spy. I intentionally left it open to interpretation. If Mr Frog is telling the truth, she lies in her journals, and if that's the case it's quite possible she is a spy, which would explain why she "accidentally" threw it at Mr Frog - she wanted him to read it, hoping to fool him. It's also possible he just doesn't have the full story and is jumping to conclusions by assuming he's always right.

I'm going to have to tackle the race question when I work on the next update, though. I'm hoping to have her lose her beanie (that's the right word for this, right?), and whether or not she has pointed ears will determine what race she is...

Reading your Ballpoint Tech post now - I'll edit/post when I'm done. :)

Stormtemplar - looking forwards to the new update!!! And the arena... that'll be awesome. Did you read the Dwarven Ten Commandments? There were a lot of suggestions in that post...

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: June 27, 2012, 11:23:25 am »

I did. One question. WHERE IS THE GARBAGE DUMP? IT BE IMPORTANT.

I'll take twenty!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: June 27, 2012, 11:33:51 am »

Shoot, Splint, that was awesome! lol   You're excellent with battle scenes - something I've never really been any good at... I'm wondering now, though... Might the descendants of Spearbreakers eventually wage war on Ballpoint Tech and Parasol themselves, using advanced models of the dwarven/tech weapons Mr Frog and Splint created? That would make for a pretty good story...

My thoughts/assumptions on the plot: I'm guessing now that Mr Frog is probably from Ballpoint Tech, and that he intentionally left them, hoping to destroy the spawn. Ballpoint is trying to get a Holistic Spawn specimen, but Parasol is determined that they don't - probably because they know Ballpoint will try to create an army of the things. I'm going to assume that Parasol was the company that re-released the altered Spawn, making Joseph a member of that organization... And he's trying to get Mr Frog to join his side. However, this would also indicate that Joseph himself is a traitor to his own side, as he's trying to create an army of his own to take down both Parasol and Ballpoint...

At least, that's what comes to mind. It's probably full of plot holes.

stormtemplar: All the way at the right on the same level as the trade depot. There's a tiny spot towards the middle-left that'll be perfect for a garbage chute - I'll take a pic and mark it off.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: June 27, 2012, 11:41:58 am »

Ummm, I tried every combination of lever pulls. The zombies aren't moving. WTF?

I'll take twenty!

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: June 27, 2012, 12:04:24 pm »

Levergatory: the eventual state of all succession forts.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: June 27, 2012, 12:07:14 pm »

Okay, if no one has any suggestions I'm going to have to create a new entrance.

I'll take twenty!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: June 27, 2012, 12:52:19 pm »

@ Storm: 1. it seems to be an unspoken tradition to make a new entrance or opening somewhere to the surface each year, so go for it. 2. I still say a trap lined tennel to the refuse pile Talvieno made would work to get any remaining necros. after x years, wall it off.

@ Talvieno: You sir are too kind. I dunno where I'll go from there though. But I certainly had fun writing that, though it could be better.

@ Mr Frog: Yup. I'm gonna have to do the Hanslanda method and start pulling them like a gremlin on crack on my 2nd go, or just rip up all the gates and thier levers and rebuild them.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: June 27, 2012, 01:16:52 pm »

Okay, it appears the entrance works JUST FINE. My dwarves decided to run outside when I opened the door, thankfully I think I reactivated the alert fast enough. Seems we have to go fight them and not the other way around.

I'll take twenty!
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 815