Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178224 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #2340 on: July 02, 2012, 07:51:19 pm »

Hey, guys - I know I disappeared again. :( I don't have much good news, I'm afraid.

My hard drive's motor went out. Basically, it'll never spin up ever again and isn't repairable, which means everything I had on it is lost. I backed up My Documents and My Pictures around six months ago, so I didn't lose everything... But I still lost (as far as I can tell, I may have it somewhere else) everything to do with Spearbreakers... or any of the other mods I'd been working on. My laptop is toast, and I'm borrowing someone else's computer just for the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to replace my laptop in the near(er) future, but until then I'm going to have to ask Mr Frog (or another willing volunteer) for assistance with the second post list.

A bit of good news, now: The one thing I backed up recently was Vanya's story, which I've been working on for the past few days on a computer that can't get online. Long story short, I'm going to try to post the rest of it - hopefully not in one huge part, though (which I won't have to do if someone posts after me before I finish reading the awesome ten pages you guys added on to the thread while I was away).

I left the ending open intentionally, but I'm not sure I'll be able to continue in any appreciable manner. I will be back, though - it'll just be intermittent. I've sold my soul to the devil (figuratively speaking) in exchange for a deal to get online occasionally - and I'm not even sure how occasionally. :P

@ Splint: I'm really sorry, man. I meant to stick this thread through to the end, but it's been one thing after another. :-\
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: July 02, 2012, 07:59:00 pm »

Can i have my terory on the OP
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: July 02, 2012, 09:02:37 pm »

I'm typing this up as I read. Prepare for a typical long post from me.
_____

This is going epically. lol   Stormtemplar, I love how you lost 10 dwarves with pretty much no ground gained. Very Spearbreakers right there, and bravo for keeping the fortress alive.

@ Hanslanda: Welcome back! And no, neither Splint nor Mr Frog are actually "bad guys" in my story... It's all just seen from a different perspective. From their point of view, Talvi is uncontrollable and running amok (not to mention likely to sever a few heads), and they have a spy loose in the fortress. From Vanya's point of view, Mr Frog is out to kill her and Talvi, and Splint is going along with it.

@ Mr Frog - very awesome story update... I liked your description of Joseph's place, and I'm curious - if Joseph (who I'm assuming went rogue from Parasol?) has cloning and memory alteration technology, wouldn't that make the original "version" of Mr Frog "expendable", so to speak?
Also, my brother pointed something out. No one has ever actually seen Joseph... only images on screens. It would make it completely possible for Joseph to be not a man... but an AI. (from a story standpoint - you know my opinion on the feasibility of artificial intelligences).

And no. Vanya is a reliable narrator. :P The part she might have supposedly disguised were the parts about where she came from, why she was there, etc. Events mentioned were supposed to happen as she mentioned them.
Spoiler: actual story spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mr Frog seems more intense because I took the liberty (sorry :( ) of deciding that he gets that way when stressed or agitated. It actually meshes nicely with your most recent story's Mr Frog letting loose a string of curses and then a couple punches during and after the cloning machine fiasco.

I think it leaned more towards Mr Frog being paranoid of a common street rat, since that version probably has a few holes or abnormal events in his memory  he can't account for, unless it's set up before he was wisked away.

AND AN EPIC SAVE BY SPLINT
Yes, definitely +1. He's paranoid, but not really "paranoid" - he's got the whole Joseph deal going on. Anyone could be an enemy, and Mr Frog would only come to a conclusion, being the scientist that he is, if he believed he had evidence or acceptable proof that something is true.

PM me or maybe Talvi
I guess it's too much to ask to be called "Tal"? Eh, well. Feel free to PM me, too, Splint - just don't expect an immediate reply. Still here for you, and hope you're feeling better now.

@ Hanslanda - your Frog-nominated quote nomination is now seconded. I lol'd. :D Very, very epic.

@ Mr Frog (your name is hard to type in the dark for some reason) - I honestly believe time travel to be absolutely impossible, but it's fun to mess with in a story. :P You can't deny it. Adds a whole new level of complexity and fun/Fun to even the dullest mixtures.
And:
(Where'd Talvieno go?  ???)
:(

@ Splint/Corai: Splint marrying Girlinhat is truly epic lulz. :D
EDIT: Ninja'd by... OH.

It's the end of the world, Splint :D
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :D :D

Nothing cheers you up like Spearbreakers' misery.

@ Bukit: I've got to get off in just a second, and I'm trying like hell not to double post. As you read in my post one previous, I'm going to be having trouble handling that for a bit. :-\

AND HERE is the ending for Vanya's story. I don't know if anyone remembers Mitch's popup necromancer book, but I included that as well. Now we have a set timeline for everything (sort of).

From Vanya's Journals
note: all of the following is copy-pasted from notepad. I'm hoping I got everything right. :P
PART 6
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit:
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (40000 characters).

damn.
Oh well, I'll have to double/triple post. :( "For shame, for shame," I know, but I don't have more than a couple more minutes to be on, and I don't know when I'm getting back. I spent quite a while getting all of this ready, and I don't want it to go to waste.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:04:20 pm by Talvieno »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: July 02, 2012, 09:05:30 pm »

From Vanya's Journals
PART 7

PART 8

edit: And I'm off. I'll be back eventually - don't let this thread die, guys! And stormtemplar, do your best to salvage this trainwreck and get some posts out! lol (I'm half-looking forwards finding out what epic, effed-up way it's going to end, but I really, really don't want it to happen while I'm not here.:P )
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:02:38 pm by Talvieno »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: July 02, 2012, 09:59:43 pm »

Talvieno, I would like to nominate all three of those for decorations.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: July 02, 2012, 10:59:11 pm »

It seems that the Universe really is conspiring to keep Talvieno off of the Internet :(  Next I'm guessing every single computer within ten miles of his residence will spontaneously combust.

Talvieno, you wouldn't happen to have any rocks covered in funny stick figures near your place of residence, would you? Dug up anything you shouldn't have? Because this is starting to go from 'uncanny coincidence' to 'possible demon haunting' :-\

I now call you Talvi because your consternation amuses me. Plus I'm trying to see how long it takes for it to stop bothering you :D

I'm honestly starting to get sick of constantly waiting for updates... :-\ We as a thread seem to have made a bad habit of dragging our feet.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: July 02, 2012, 11:56:57 pm »

Storm! Hurry it up! Argh. :P

And now with the newest Vanya updates, I have no idea where to take the Hans update. Logically, I'm going to post it anyway. Enjoy.

Story tiem with Hans

I have clue what any of that can mean, but its my story and I'm sticking to it. Until Frog comes in and says his character was all wrong. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: July 03, 2012, 07:21:50 am »

Sorry for lack of any speech on my end. No caffiene and hauling heavy equipment bags for an apolsterer who's on orders not to lift heavy shit can lead so someone being asleep for roughly 16 hours.

Great work on the stories, and I'm gonna set a new poll up before I go to work.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: July 03, 2012, 12:11:54 pm »

Poor Splint seems exhausted.  :-[
He's fucking with us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: July 03, 2012, 12:33:51 pm »

WHY IS THIS SO INTEWRESTING?!?

WHY CANT I SPELL?!?

WHY AM I TIPING THIS USELESS COMENT?!?!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: July 03, 2012, 12:44:48 pm »

Because, hey, divergent and convergent timelines.

Probably the booze. You've been drinking? Or were you not drinking? Either one can affect spelling.

Because you love Spearbreakers and you wanted to show support. Also, the booze thing...
He's fucking with us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: July 03, 2012, 02:33:50 pm »

Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: July 03, 2012, 04:48:47 pm »

I rest my case. :P
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: July 03, 2012, 06:07:25 pm »

It's amazing what 40 oz of Dr Pepper can do to keep a person awake.

EDIT: Rough version of a typical Ballpoint Technology Contractor's armor and attire. Yes, a tie is part of it, you'll know where it is and can tell as such. The gun is the Dwarven railgun, and the design Dorf!Mr Frog would be familiar enough with to copy.

And now some timewar.

Probably flopped Mr Frog's character, but meh. Whatever. Sorry bro.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: July 03, 2012, 09:30:30 pm »

Bwahaha... I killed my phone with a lake. I hate my life. >.<

@Splint: Nice update man, I'm excited for the rest of the contractor's mission.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 815