Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2193194 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Bullfrog sounds better given the name. And now I'm actually excited and can''t sleep.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

*Checks updated topics*
*Checks updated topics*
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile

Alrighty then... before someone has a fit :-) ns if this is any good in this form, i'm always open to suggestions for improvement :-)

This is the diary of Paintbrushturkey, earlier pages are missing or are charred to the point of unreadability.
Granite:

Mitch just came running at me giggling somewhat manically and handed me a key… and told me it was all in my hands now he then ran off giggling somewhat manically, not quite sure what he meant with that, but knowing this hellhole it can’t be good

Wanted to go and see splint about some work orders but he was shouting something at someone in his office I only gathered 34.07 atom smashing and overseer, I wonder what atom smashing is but it sounds bad…. I think I will visit him once he has calmed down to try and find out what this is all about, I shall instead have a look at our military.

It appears that the military is in and even worse condition than I could have possibly imagined, I shall need to do something about this….
Finished drafting the initial drafting and “re-equipping” our glorious military all those shiny adamantine battle axes are now actually getting used, the roster is as follows, I did drag some unlucky sods from their workbenches and threw them at the respective commanders, Fisher muttered something about spawn fodder, I wonder what he means:

Fisher is leading the 10 pike dwarves
Pokonic was the first guy I found so he has command of the first squad of reservists, our 10 axe dwarves
And Feb has command of the remaining reserves, 10 hammerers that is….
I have also designated a danger room to be dug out and some training spears to be carved

Lastly on my agenda there is the issue or refuse, it just seems to be piling up, so I have:
Designated a garbage dump – couldn’t find one :-S
Reworked refuse orders

I have also found that we have a whole pile of useless crap lying around in our armory, have told the guys down at the forges to melt it down…
Just had a look out of the window it’s crawling down there….. blimey, our watch kiwi died, too courtesy of some undead risen in the watchtower...

I have ordered fisher and his squad to clear it , just had the report that some of the suckers just didn’t want to stay dead and literally had  to be turned into a sieve to stay dead, ah well dead is dead, none can withstand out glorious  military, have ordered the bitz to be cleaned up, also have told people to clean up the trade depot, what will others think of us. Fisher is staying in the tower for now just in case there any fakers.

Just checked on the progress of our training spears and they still have not been approved… SPLINT STOP MAKING FUCKING MUGS AND APPORVE THE BLOODY WORK ORDER… was it 3411 mugs he was shouting about? I hope not ….. hmm I think he head me, just spied him sneaking back in his office.

Slate has come:
7th of slate
A forgotten beast has come a skinless frog that secretes deadly dusk… thankfully it’s locked down there in the caverns and can’t do any harm…
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:45:39 pm by Paintbrushturkey »
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

will try to have the next month done sometime later, will try to take screenshots that time around, got carried away earlier, my apologies ;-)
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, grammer issues aside, it could be worse. Hell you made it sound like I was bitching about some strange new weapon or other.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could have fooled me :-D, anyways i shall endeavour to take a but more time on the next updates which means they'll be easier to read and probably more coherent ;-) (the problem was that i took notes as i went and then tried to convert it into an update on the double :-S lesson learned....)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But it was an update.
RISE FROM THE DEAD, FORTRESS! TAKE YOUR MIGHT TO BEAR UPON THINE ENEMIES ONCE MORE!
ITS ALIVE!! BWAHAHAHAHA!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i think it's more friendly on the eyes now :-)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you taced graphics onto it I want them reverted when you finish. I have nothing against them but my monitor doesn't support them very well. Everything looks like little spothes of color instead of (to me) recognizable symbols.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

didn't fuck with the saves at all,just unpacked and played, so the game should run on whatever your tileset be your choosing once it's done unless somethign weird and whacky is goign on, having said that this is spearbreakers, so everythign is possible.... ;-)

ah well might as well get started on month 2

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is true... But It should thankfully be left alone as far as graphics go so good job.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol, as Mr Frog said, "This is Spearbreakers, where all fucking bets are off."

I'm going to recommend not reading what's in the spoiler tags. But I hope you do. Its personal stuff, so its very off topic.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:12:37 am by Hanslanda »
He's fucking with us.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ehm, is there any lever to the depot bridge (you know the one we have at the very start, can't find it anywhere !? don't want to kill all the migrants :-/

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well the old one should be hooked up a lever in the original furnishing manufactury.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bridge lever finding 101:
Pull ALL the levers. Wait 100 ticks. If none work, hook the bridge up to a new lever.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 815