Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178012 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

@Aseaheru: I'm sorry, does my legal trouble disturb you? :D Felons are human too. :P
When I was reading it, I realized, "Wow, I guess people from all walks of life play Dwarf Fortress."

For sure. :) It doesn't bother me if someone doesn't like that I enjoy drugs. I'm serving the punishment prescribed by the legal system in my area for my crimes, I am not a bad person. I know I'm a good person, despite my flaws, and that is all that matters. :P And I won't actually be a felon if I complete this program.

nuhnuh.
and possably

@ me? Cuz if I bother you, just ignore me. :) I don't advocate people using illegal substances. They're bad and evil and ruin your life, but I do choose to use them, so take from that what you will.

And back on topic. Thanks Megaman, that's a great compliment to this place. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Just never take anything that fucks you up when you already see or hear things. Cause then shit gets wierd.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just never take anything that fucks you up when you already see or hear things. Cause then shit gets wierd.

Like when you've been up for a week? Or do you mean like schizophrenic seeing things? There's a lot of things that can make you hallucinate and the vast majority are naturally occuring conditions like sleep deprivation or starvation.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean mental disorder type.

Should Ecem's team get caught and shoot thier way out or shot down post sabotage?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd vote for post sabotage, as that would seem to further hide Frog's culpability in the whole deal, but mid-sabotage would be good too, as it would add even more complexity to the xanatos speed chess Frog will have to play.
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I always hated that episode. I still have nightmares about the Skin-Taker's 'dance' with Mimi Mermaid. How that shit got past the censors is a mystery to me.

@Hansie:

I don't use drugs recreationally, but I don't really have any reason to care about what you put in your own body so long as you aren't harming anyone else. I'd rather you avoid doing anything especially harmful to your health, but that's not my decision to make.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's always how I felt about it as well. If I'm the only one getting hurt by it, why is it such a huge deal? There is nothing different between a joint and a cigarette IMO, and alcohol kills more people every month than drugs kill all year. Don't do drugs though. I did, and I'm facing 1-7 years in prison if I mess up my program.

I really must insist we change the subject though, I don't want to inadvertently offend someone or get us modded for off-topic discussion.

So, PBT, when's the next update?
He's fucking with us.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile

writing it up when the boss isn't looking ;-)
shouldhave it ready tomorrow sometime sry want to make this one better than the last  :D
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I'm personally okay with you taking as much time as you need as long as you're actively working on it (no 'oh, I got caught up playing Mass Effect instead' or similar BS) and keeping us posted. 'Good update after a couple days' is acceptable; 'No update after two weeks' is not :)

(It is Splint's call in the end, though. I just like to pretend I'm in charge :) )
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's keeping steady in keeping us posted. All that matters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indeed. :D So excited for moar update.
He's fucking with us.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

writing it up when the boss isn't looking ;-)
shouldhave it ready tomorrow sometime sry want to make this one better than the last  :D

Yay for an update!

I really must insist we change the subject though, I don't want to inadvertently offend someone or get us modded for off-topic discussion.

Offend someone? On the Dwarf Fortress forums? I'd like to see the day hat happens :P
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indeed. It seems most people here do as I did, and change the subject before it gets to flame war proportions. :)
He's fucking with us.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile

well my excuse is that i got caught up doing my job (nono not playing my oversser turn), the other one, you know that pays my bills. However here's proof that the two aren't mutually exclusive, so techically  got pay for this, well to tell the truth i didn't, i got paid for what i was meant to be doing now but did an hour ago so have "spare" time now :-D

Sorry my internet is being a pain in the ass and has gone down to modem speed (again) the techician will be in to look at it next week, so until then you will have to put up with text only updates (i will add the pics in later on) (again c&c is welcome, i think it is more coherrent now, but you be the judge of that ;-))

UPDATE 2
Slate:
I’m suspicious of Splint, I think he is up to something, I’d swear he is hoarding mugs in his room, too. I think someone needs to keep an eye on him, at least until I know what he is planning. I have thus expanded our Fortress guard to 10 members, this has the additional benefit of taking our “trained” military up to 40 dwarves, I have also assigned stations to them, 2 to the EIDS (Early Intruder Detection System), somehow the kiwi got killed by some undead that wandered in after being resurrected inside our guardtower, they have crossbows so can fire at any intruders below, 2 more in the guard tower above it, and another 2 in the guard tower outside the trade depot, this should hopefully keep the map reasonably safe once I have cleared all the zombies and should allow me to focus on securing and exploring the caverns. It also has occurred to me that whoever gave the military has been rather harsh on them, they don’t even get time to eat, how are hungry soldiers meant to fight effectively, I have reduced the minimum number of soldiers required to be on duty to 8.

A somewhat breathless guard has just burst into my office yelling something about migrants, I wonder what they were thinking… I have ordered the drawbridge outside the depot to be lowered, but it appears to be broken, I think we have been sabotaged, this confirms my earlier call for more personnel in the fortess guard, however when I asked the captian of the guard if anyone of them had seen anything I only got a replies along the lines “No, they’re busy and have to pick up my equipment” I think he should pull the other one, it’s got bells on…., how long does it take to put on some armor? I mean seriously, if he doesn’t get hit bunch of guards organized I would see to it that he’d spend the rest of his life cleaning out the animal pens!

Anyways, I have been forced to have the migrants make camp, it appears that zombies don’t understand speech, but miraculously can sense if someone left a door unlocked, I think this is something that needs investigating as it may allow us to combat the zombie threat more effectively.

I have to commend our miners they are either incredibly efficient or incredibly bored, I had barely mentioned where an escape tunnel neded to be dug when they started swinging their picks, the migrants rushed in and certain members of the fortress guard had to be physically restrained from running out there and picking up equipment, I think I may have been a little to harsh with their commander. On the bright side most of them are now equipped and ready for action. So long Brainsuckers…., speaking of the undead the ghost that was wandering around the fortress has been put to rest, good riddance I say. I have also noticed a rather hollow clonk when I examined the hospital, closer examination leads me to believe that there is a stairway in the way of the bucket as it travels towards the water in the caverns….. I have fixed this by shifting the stairway to allow the bucket to move freely.

Felsite:
On my way back to the barracks I passed Corai who running throught the corridors babbling about animal skins, he also refuses to let anybody inside his workshop, I have sent Fisher to investigate, I’m told she has previous experience in treating the violently insane….

Fischer just Reported back to me and it appears that Corai has created a masterfull suit of leather armor, I can’t bring myself to tell him that we don’t use that anymore and are capable of using metal, even adamantine, but he seems happy enough.

Corai has been pestering me to come and examine his leather armor *sigh* I suppose it will keep him happy….
It has just struck me as to how dirty this place is I have ordered Splint to see to it that this place gets cleaned up, he is the manager after all so I think this is part of his job description, I wonder how he got the job in the first place, I think he is up to something.

I have just had a very excited Simon run into my office and tell me that we really should be starting to haul some mugs to the depot as some elves had been sighted on the horizon, I think watching them try to sneak through the horde of undead at our trading entrance will be fun, I have declared this day to be a holiday with free drinks and complimentary crossbowbolts for everyone. I think at the very least 50% of us just want to see what happens when an elf get startled in the middle of a horde of zombies *HEHEHE*

Damn these elves, it looks like they lead a bunch of goblins right to our doorstep, although I admit that it was to general entertainment, the odds of the elves actually reaching our gates currently stand at 100 to 1 so I do suppose Simon stands to make a lot of money if he wins his bet, which I suppose is a fair enough incentive to sympathize with the elves, at least I hope that this is reasoning…..
The spawn are here, I count 9 (1 of whom appears to be riding a war grizzly bear)on the horizon, the race is officially on, several posters advertising ongoing bets have appeared throughout the fortress, I’m not sure who is responsible for this but it certainly has heightened morale, I have included a transcript of one of the posters for reference purposes:

WHO SHALL REACH THE GATES OF SPEARBREAKERS?
Palce your bets now!
-   ELVES  (100:1)
-   SPAWN (1:1)
-   GOLDINS (10:1
-   UNDEAD (1:1)
-   NONE (1:100)

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:31:51 am by Paintbrushturkey »
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

I bet 5 internets +lead mug+s on the elves!

Also, I forgot to ask for a dwarf. If possible, I'd like to be a marksdwarf :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:08:37 pm by Megaman3321 »
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 815