Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178971 times)

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile

dwarfed you as megaman, you are in the fortress guard
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile

all my +gold mugs+ are on none. spearbreackers is dorfy and can stand to any attacker
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Put me down for the Goblins. Plucky little bastards.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

all my +gold mugs+ are on none. spearbreackers is dorfy and can stand to any attacker

But... wouldn't you lose money by betting none?
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the odds are 100 to 1 so he get's 1 gold mug for every 100 he wagers, if he wins ;-) so if he wagers 100 gold mugs and wins he'll have 101 gold mugs...

edit/

justch checked and we don't have any +gold mugs+ only stone

also bit of an antclimax in regards to the spawn, ns if undead are just way to op or spawn are just meh but

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:03:52 pm by Paintbrushturkey »
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

One problem: the EIDS won't work, because grates don't let arrows through :( That was actually the keystone concept of the F.R.O.G. -- grates block attacks, but not vision, meaning that ambushes could be revealed safely.

E: Also, am I correct in understanding that we now have a third entrance? Hoo boy :V
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

entrance #3 was only 1 square wide and is bricked up again ;-), i'll need to fix the trade depot bridge sometime.... well the grates may block attacks but the fortifications with the floodgates in front of them won't ;-), we'll see when we get a ranged ambush / siege at the rate those elfs are dyign it can't be long :-)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

These goblins haven't mastered bows yet. That was a foul up on my end cause I left them without rangers to force them to fight on my terms. No traps, no smashers, just a wall of dwarven metal and beards up against squishy goblins.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ah i see, i'll just piss some elves of, we need bow ammo anyways ;-)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you have DF hack, you'll need to fix the elven diplomats and hope we get a baron soon. Violating a tree cap will be a surefire way to piss them off.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

War with the elves? I like it.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think there's a stealthed necromancer hanging around outside, which is why the Spawn are losing so hard. Anything they kill just pops back up a second later, and they're not smart enough to hunt down and kill the necro. The Spawn are tough as hell, but -- unfortunately -- 'tough as hell' is a finite value and thus not nearly enough to weather the zombies.

On the plus side, we now have an automated defense system that is literally mathematically-impossible for invaders to survive. Because Spearbreakers.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the plus side, we now have an automated defense system that is literally mathematically-impossible for invaders to survive. Because Spearbreakers.

I nominate this for the quotes section.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I nominate this for the quotes section.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, double-checked Mitchie's save... Two points:

1. The lower-left dining hall lever works perfectly-fine and operated the drawbridge one floor down from the depot and a bit to the right, which is what we've been using for the past four years.

2. There are well over 100 undead body parts as well as a for-the-moment-still-living kingsnake running around outside, along with some indeterminate quantity of necromancers. I don't think there are enough invaders in the world to solve that particular problem for us.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 05:19:54 pm by Mr Frog »

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 815