Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178911 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

A teaser. Splint is curious of uppdate down road.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I'm not going to do any more work on it until I finish reading through everything else, though.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

you, my dear frog, are a GENUS.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you, my dear frog, are a GENUS.

Can I pick which one? Because hylids are friggin' adorable.

EDIT:
Spoiler: EXHIBIT A (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:50:15 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

yes the are. you are also a GENIUS.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #2645 on: July 11, 2012, 09:13:38 pm »

Really old, but I just noticed while rereading and feel it should be addressed:

@ Mr Frog - very awesome story update... I liked your description of Joseph's place, and I'm curious - if Joseph (who I'm assuming went rogue from Parasol?) has cloning and memory alteration technology, wouldn't that make the original "version" of Mr Frog "expendable", so to speak?

Well, manufacturing a replica from nothing isn't cheap. If you're creating the matter from scratch out of energy, you'd need something like 3 quintillion joules of energy to make a single Mr Frog (assuming he weighs around 30-40 kg -- he's pretty small, whatever he is). You could admittedly get that energy by using up another source of mass (I'm guessing if they possess the tech to convert energy directly into matter, they could also do the reverse), but energy inefficiency means that you'd still need to put in quite a bit more energy than you're getting back in the form of Mr Frog biomass. They could probably pop out a few more Frogs if they really needed to, but mass-producing him is far beyond anyone's means.

Also, a problem with clones is that they're still people with their own agendas, which is magnified by someone as inscrutable as Mr Frog. Eris only cloned the one Mr Frog because they desperately needed to keep Ballpoint from finding out he'd gone over to them. Further Mr Frogs would simply add further uncertainties.

They way I picture the memory-thing working is by scrambling all of a person's memories up to a certain point in time. They're still there enough for the brain to reconstruct most of the memories from other data, but it's inaccessible otherwise. If you woke up in your bed immediately after being mind-wiped, you'd probably think you were just really groggy. An extensive mindwipe like what clone!Mr Frog had would probably have noticeable symptoms, though ("wait, why does my calendar say '21 Granite'?").

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hence my past statment, he may have holes in his memory he can't account for, leading to clone!Mr Frog being extra paranoid.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Hence, the V stories.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Splint:

Unfortunately, I have now read some more of V's journal, and Mr Frog actively contacts Joseph during the events of V's journal, which could not possibly have happened had he been mindwiped :(

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh. Then maybe being cooped up in this little shitpit is just getting to him.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Waves hand*
This is not the continuity error you are looking for.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think this has become such a bungled clusterfuck canon wise I don't know if we should care anymore.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In Spearbreakers, all explanations are valid.
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Splint was pleased with writing a story lately. He had a fine drink lately. He has been irritated by the sun lately. He madea satisfying aquisition lately. He stopped caring about continuity snarls recently. He has regained a small measure of sanity recently. He lost soldiers named after friends to tragedy recently. He suffered a savage mug-beating recently.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Splint was pleased with writing a story lately. He had a fine drink lately. He has been irritated by the sun lately. He madea satisfying aquisition lately. He stopped caring about continuity snarls recently. He has regained a small measure of sanity recently. He lost soldiers named after friends to tragedy recently. He suffered a savage mug-beating recently.

He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 815