Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2196911 times)

llasram

• Bay Watcher
  • raising the dead since 1103
    • View Profile

Hey, I'm trying too draw the average day for a dwarf in Spearbreakers, and have morning drawn on paper, and transferring it line by line to digital. I don't know when I’ll be done, but what image uploading site should I use? (This is the first art I'll have ever put on the forums)
Friendship is magic
Necromancy is magic
∴Necromancy is Friendship.
Don't worry -- it still makes no sense whatsoever.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Personally I'd recommend either imageshack or Tinypic.

llasram

• Bay Watcher
  • raising the dead since 1103
    • View Profile

Thanks, when the picture is done I may show it for criticism.
Friendship is magic
Necromancy is magic
∴Necromancy is Friendship.
Don't worry -- it still makes no sense whatsoever.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well chances are we aren't one to provide a whole lot of that. We justa ppreciate all this thread generates equally!

EDIT: I've decided to grab Mitch's save and try to work my magic as best I can. I can only wonder what horrors I'll be dealing with.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

*Waves hand*
This is not the continuity error you are looking for.
Aw, great.

To sum up:
An elf shows up in the fortress. Mr Frog is suspicious because one of his weapon blueprints were stolen, and the pages of his paper journal shuffled. Instead of believing it to be Talvi, he believes it to be V/Vanya, 1. Because the only item of evidence left behind was her bracelet, and 2. because he found an elven spy in the records of Ballpoint (which he hacked) who coincidentally had the same initials (and more interestingly the same first name name (I was going to explain that, and still may)) as our little skulking maiden. It stands to reason that if Ballpoint intended to kill him originally, once they found out where he was (and by how they have troops stationed right outside Spearbreakers, I'd say it's a safe bet they have), they would send someone after him. Mr Frog would know this, and hey presto - continuity error solved.
Also, all that stuff happened late in Mitch's reign, and I assumed Mr Frog went to Joseph's place early in Stormtemplar's turn (now PBT's).

Haven't been on in a few days and I'm still reading through everything. I may end up editing this post (but let's be honest - I typically edit all my posts anyway :-\ ).
By the way, awesome update, Paintbrushturkey. :) Loved the bets being placed. lol

EDIT: Llasram, I use img.ie/photobucket. Photobucket can have some issues if too many people look at your pic, though, so I'd suggest Img.ie over that if you're posting something here with (bracket)IMG(bracket). But really, which you use doesn't matter, so long as it works.

In other news, I'm working on continuing the V journals when I can, though I'm doing it mostly offline. As to story notes, my first thought is to have another tinychat session where we brainstorm story continuity... unfortunately I likely won't be around to participate. :( But I have been taking notes... V's story is more complex than any other I've written by... a lot. It's getting difficult for me to keep track of everything. :-\ I've been using a notebook to write things down in to keep it all straight. But don't worry! It doesn't mess with anyone's plots... unless it's a bad thing to have Spearbreakers-bound Mr Frog decide to go to war on Joseph/Parasol/Ballpoint himself, possibly with the help of a little elven misfit.

Yay, fun! Also, second post re-updated. If I missed anything, let me know - preferably via PMs. Not that I'll be able to get to it any faster, but it'll be a little more glaringly obvious. And Hans, fixed the weird title. It was an obscure reference I wasn't sure if anyone would get.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:07:50 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow this place really is as.... Why does everyone insist on those retarded looking isolated workshop cells..... I built the orginal in a work bay type fashion NEXT TO THE STOCKPILES for a reason.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

because we are the dwarves of spearbreakers.
why do you ask? ???
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow this place really is as.... Why does everyone insist on those retarded looking isolated workshop cells..... I built the orginal in a work bay type fashion NEXT TO THE STOCKPILES for a reason.
Lol. That would be because of strange moods.

But... hauling things to the new ones is a pain. Stone or not.

because we are the dwarves of spearbreakers.
why do you ask? ???
Ninja'd by this, which I agree with.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

YAY! :D
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was a broad sweeping statement in general. Am I the only one willing to risk casualties from berserkers? I thought this was Bay12. Did no-one notice the fact I had arranged these workbays to be locked down if a berserker happened? They don't go tearing down doors, they just want to kill things, and overall even for a succession fort the current work cells are incredibly inefficent.

When Paintbrush is done I'm rebuilding my workbays.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

I've had my legendary miners get moods and go berserk before; the aftermath isn't pretty.

Your fortress has crumbled to its end.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

heres a idea: now that some ass updated the fort we can lockable workshops near small stockpiles that empty into the stockpile of death.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We did have The Master go berserk, and that had no ill consequences, besides a disemboweled Terrahex. Fischer managed to take him down before too much else went wrong.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what if its fischer or splint?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what if its fischer or splint?
If Fischer goes berserk, I don't care what we throw at her - we're screwed. Unless we trick her into invading hell herself... and even then, I wouldn't be totally willing to bet on hell.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 815