Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178396 times)

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

what if its fischer or splint?
If Fischer goes berserk, I don't care what we throw at her - we're screwed. Unless we trick her into invading hell herself... and even then, I wouldn't be totally willing to bet on hell.

I think hell would run away screaming :P Maybe Paintbrushturkey should build a 3x3 drowning chamber where Mr Frog was conducting the Spawn experiments. Just in case.

Oh, and could I get a turn for this madness? I'm pretty sure I asked for one before, but the list never got updated.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I'm basically a mug making office worker with a nigh pathological fear of adamantine. I'd be a pushover if I flipped my lid.

If Fischer goes berserk, I don't care what we throw at her - we're screwed. Unless we trick her into invading hell herself... and even then, I wouldn't be totally willing to bet on hell.

Same here, because look at what she can do to spawn made out of crap that can resist a pike.... Those poor demons can't even take a crossbow bolt despite thier strength.

EDIT: Sorry about that Megaman. Didn't see the request.

Also, Draignean is off duty last I saw. Explain this or suffer my mug-wrath.

llasram

• Bay Watcher
  • raising the dead since 1103
    • View Profile

Behold! All of my terrible art skills! The comic focuses on the dwarf who has a portrait at the far right, opinions are welcome so I can improve it if needed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Friendship is magic
Necromancy is magic
∴Necromancy is Friendship.
Don't worry -- it still makes no sense whatsoever.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

what if mr frog goes batshit?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

llasram, all I thought when I saw that was: Storage room 1A is running low on mugs. Only counted 600.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

*awesome fortress engraving*
Needs more mugs. And undying dead. But mostly mugs.
Great art :D

EDIT: Sorry about that Megaman. Didn't see the request.

Also, Draignean is off duty last I saw. Explain this or suffer my mug-wrath.

Nah it's okay. By the time I get my turn, the fort will probably be destroyed by Fischer anyway ;)

Maybe Draignean managed to bribe his way out of duty by secretly dumpings some -lignite mugs- into the magma forges.

FAKEEDIT: T-T-T-TRIPLE NNNIIINNNNJJJAAAA!! Must be some kind of record :P
ANOTHER FAKEEDIT: Quad ninja!
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thankfully the edges Mr Frog has in narritve are nonexistant in game. If he actually had any of the prototype weapons he's been working on he'd quite literally be able to turn the army into a pile of scrapmetal and red mush.

llasram

• Bay Watcher
  • raising the dead since 1103
    • View Profile

Thanks, ill be putting more mugs in the storage room and in every nook and cranny, a few hands crawling around, and color
Friendship is magic
Necromancy is magic
∴Necromancy is Friendship.
Don't worry -- it still makes no sense whatsoever.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Thankfully the edges Mr Frog has in narritve are nonexistant in game. If he actually had any of the prototype weapons he's been working on he'd quite literally be able to turn the army into a pile of scrapmetal and red mush.
If a berserk Mr Frog actually happens, that'll be interesting to write into the story... lol    At least his replacement will kind of make sense - he's been cloned. lol

Awesome work, Llsram. :) I'll get it into the second post.

EDIT: Draignean is definitely on duty in my version, and was that way at Mitch's save - I have no idea what you're seeing, Splint. :-\
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:41:27 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

PREDICTED RESULT OF STORY!MR FROG ZERKING: Mr Frog mutates himself into enormous poison-spewing amphibian, flushes fast-acting gaseous sedative throughout entirety of fortress. Total Party Kill in 1 hour, tops.

PREDICTED RESULT OF GAME!MR FROG ZERKING: Mr Frog giblets smeared across workshop, military returns to barracks/booze stockpile.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

who plays minecraft?
who wants to play 0x10c?
who plays any civilization game?
who hates steam?
who will play xcom if its not on steam?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

who plays minecraft?
who wants to play 0x10c?
who plays any civilization game?
who hates steam?
who will play xcom if its not on steam?

Better yet, who cares? That is not even remotely-close to what anyone is talking about right now nor is it even slightly related to the thread's stated purpose. You are not required to post, okay? If you don't have anything pertinent to add, please just lurk or make a seperate thread.

Summer makes me cranky, which causes my ability to cope with shit gracefully to hit a minimum. I apologize for not warning y'all sooner.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i apolagise.
i was bored into another mind.
IM EVEN READING TUMBLER!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i apolagise.
i was bored into another mind.
IM EVEN READING TUMBLER!

Just please make another thread instead of attempting to hijack an existing one.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey I've done worse. But thankfully this thread and something far worse and brightly colored is helping me crawl out of it slowly.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 815