Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178128 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

To which Fischer replies  "What in the hell is a neurotox-" -doorslam-

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile

well a fair few dawrves have keeled over from overexertion so this does fit, hmm

Frog what have you been up to?
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

"Not nearly as unpleasant as some would have you believe," said Mr Frog as he took a swig of tetrodotoxin.

E: Ninja'd:

@PBT:

Oooh, is this being referenced in the write-up? Joys!
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

absolutely
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

(Yay, I'm on two days in a row)
The danger room thing sounds hilarious. Did anyone else read this in Cave Johnson's voice?
"For our next test, we will be simulating a close-range enemy encounter with an unknown neurotoxin being flushed into the room through the air vents. I'm not quite sure what the unknown neurotoxin does, but it probably isn't universally-fatal. We'll be finding out how deadly it is shortly, in any case. Happy training!"

Also, way to go, PBT.   I didn't expect you to have your turn finished so quickly - that's awesome. Kind of puts a bit of a bind on the canon, though - good luck to everyone attempting to explain where the year went. :P (I had to edit the following chapter/part/journal entry because of it.)

The Continued Story of V:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And now you may all point out my continuity errors.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:16:51 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

WHY ARE ALL YOU GUYS SUCH GOOD WRITERS? You could turn Spearbreakers into a good movie with the amount of information you guys have been throwing off.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok guys my net will be down for 2 days sorry :-/, hopefully will be fixed and at a decent speed, will post a collated update with pics and all then ;-)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:14:30 am by Paintbrushturkey »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

hanslands: as to the swimming, you or me?

Me. I'm a good swimmer. :P

@Talvieno: Awesome, once again man.

WHY ARE ALL YOU GUYS SUCH GOOD WRITERS? You could turn Spearbreakers into a good movie with the amount of information you guys have been throwing off.

*Begins writing up screenplay*
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

It's merely seventh year? o_0 And (t)here I was, about to warn you that I won't be able to play during my exams, which ended on the 5th of June...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

SCREENPLAY PLEASE!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

llasram

• Bay Watcher
  • raising the dead since 1103
    • View Profile

My vision of a spawn.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I may post the next part in my comic later today.
Friendship is magic
Necromancy is magic
∴Necromancy is Friendship.
Don't worry -- it still makes no sense whatsoever.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

There is absolutely no way in this world I'd make a good director.

And Spearbreakers practically begs to have stories written about it. Think about it - you've got tons of "bad guys" who aren't really bad guys at all, but are simply on their own side - Parasol, Joseph, Ballpoint, the necromancers, and if you want you can simply write from a different viewpoint and make the good guys into bad guys. You've got a huge history, you've got constant battles just to protect caravans passing through, you've got a sci-fi war going on at the same time, you have no shortage of "good guys", and even the middling characters have enough meat on them to pass as protagonists if you wanted. You've got plenty of space for romance (generally of the epic failing variety, leading to awesome drama), and more than enough room for betrayal - everyone in Spearbreakers is basically on their own side, as it's so hard to survive that if you focus on anyone else you wind up zombie food (figuratively speaking). And when someone nears becoming zombie food, it's a perfect opportunity for a hero to emerge and save the day (or a villain to emerge and ensure their downfall). It's a writer's paradise.

Spearbreakers has good writers possibly because it attracts them. A story about a happy aboveground fort with unicorns and rainbows and no problems to speak of begs for nothing to be written about it... and Spearbreakers is the absolute opposite. Nobody in the fortress is happy. ...except perhaps Draignean.

Actually, !Story Spearbreakers! is probably really close to a civil war.

It's merely seventh year? o_0 And (t)here I was, about to warn you that I won't be able to play during my exams, which ended on the 5th of June...
Yeah, we had a couple feet-draggers. That's taken care of, though.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

finally home from work. And Talvieno, you summed it up perfectly, though you forgot the part where, as Hans said, everyone in this shithole is heavily boozed up and medicated just to deal with the background noise, let alone the hell they've gone through.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I never thought I'd care about anything TVTropes-related ever again, but the community games page features a link to this thread, along with a pothole to Main/Spearbreakers.

Main/Spearbreakers is currently blank.

Rectify this error. Now.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 815