Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2179002 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

And I don't recall anyone saying something about an actiuon movie.
Mistyped, fixed. Forgot "scene in a". oops.

The simple transaction thing makes sense. I'm guessing that both Parasol and Ballpoint know about Eris at this point and are trying to take him down... I also see Joseph as brilliant enough to be able to rebound from it pretty easily (though it may take him a bit)...

And awwww. On one hand, the time loop thing could've made it even more confusing, but on the other hand, I'm not sure how confusing we want things to get with how confusing they already are (plus, I was never a fan of time loop stuff).

semi off-topic: didn't dwarves used to be able to upgrade past +5? I recall a story about a dwarf who made it past +100 and could whoop pretty much anything that came his way... I'm also pretty sure that's been fixed so +5 is the max, which is a little disappointing in a way.

to give the dwarves an edge should his clone escape from Spearbreakers
We're sending Mr Frog and an elite Spearbreakers militia team on an attack against Eris in the somewhat-far future? Very epic. :D I find myself kind of wanting to get Vanya in on that somehow... I have a way already figured out, I think, too.

EDIT: Oh, and llsram: Awesome. Especially the part with Frog's special 'shrooms being a regular day in the average dwarf's life at Spearbreakers. lol   But out of curiosity, why is the dude yawning while throwing a spear at the spawn?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:14:45 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I hope it's not, because that's a kind of absurdity that just makes things crazy awesome. Also if you're interestedt Talvieno, I can send you the specifics for a game I plan on starting to satisfy my adminning lust.

On timeloop - At no point did the contractors interact with Mr Frog besides his older PEA post fall of the fortress until they met him directly.

On the comic - Clearly it's poking fun at the fact that, as Mr Frog said, the SPawn were demoted to extras.

Also a WIP of a spawnitis'd dwarven soldier.

llasram

• Bay Watcher
  • raising the dead since 1103
    • View Profile

The arm was in that position and Im to lazy to change it, so I made him yawn because they are use to killing spawn... or he was tired from a party thrown at an ☼Adamantine table☼. Up to you to decide.
By the way, what should the chained zombies name be?
Friendship is magic
Necromancy is magic
∴Necromancy is Friendship.
Don't worry -- it still makes no sense whatsoever.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Also if you're interestedt Talvieno, I can send you the specifics for a game I plan on starting to satisfy my adminning lust.
Definitely. :) Send me a PM with the details.

On the comic - Clearly it's poking fun at the fact that, as Mr Frog said, the SPawn were demoted to extras.
Lol. +1 for your good logic bits again. :P

Do you want me to get that pic up in the 2nd post now, or wait til it's finished? I won't be on much longer tonight, so you know.

By the way, what should the chained zombies name be?
Sus. Definitely Sus.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait until it's finished. Ijust wanted to share what I was working on. FOr the record, that's actually Ashsaber I

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

The helmet's a bit wonky, and the anatomy of the shoulders is a little jerky, but I like the line weighting.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it's just a work in progress. Hopefully the end product will look better.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sort of having trouble keeping up with everything as it pertains to my story... if I understand correctly, Mr Frog is still trying to take down Joseph at the time of Splint's story? Because if so, that's a pretty huge plot detail that's been decided for me.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well you hinted at his aim is to try and screw up whatever he's planning from within, not trusting Parasol or Ballpoint to do it. So I just drew from that. Sorry if I messed up anything for you.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's more of a secondary goal. In the meantime, he's basically pulling out all the stops to try to get Joseph out of the driver's seat, as it were.

For what it's worth, even if he does succeed in offing Joseph, Eris likely will be still around and deeply pissed at Mr Frog, albeit in a fragmented state and not controlled by a raving lunatic.

Also, it may be best to leave the door open for Silena to appear, because she may be on Frog's side by the end (not sure, she could go either way).

Also: would it be in poor taste for me to overhaul the TVTropes page at some point? I was only skimming, but it seemed a bit long-winded, and there aren't even any tropes listed.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Hello everybody. I have a very special surprise cooked up for you. For your reading pleasure, I present the newest segment in the renewed Urist saga.

Crossing Over
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

That was a long one. I feel like I just ran a marathon. Sorry for the Double Post, but go for it, Mr Frog. You'd probably be the most professional choice. ;P

And AFAI can tell, Splint's story is pretty much concurrent with 'normal' continuity, so Dorf!Frog!Future hasn't necessarily been undermining Joseph for very long at all.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:24:08 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@ Mr Frog - I didn't get around to the tropes and just wanted to have the summery done. If you wanna take a crack at go ahead. There's some typos I meant to get but until now I comletely forgot about them.

@ Hans - Badass. And you even plugged you in!

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

The helmet's a bit wonky, and the anatomy of the shoulders is a little jerky, but I like the line weighting.

I like the wonkiness, it makes the Spawn seem a little bit stranger and ill-fitting.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well if you look closely you can see that his sleeve is beginning to split in places below the pauldron.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 815