Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2179072 times)

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3075 on: July 16, 2012, 11:20:37 pm »

I'llbegoodi'llbegood! -hides under an adamantite basket-

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: July 16, 2012, 11:27:09 pm »

First a rock, now a basket. :) But seriously you're alright man. Just chill. We're fairly laid back, as is the rest of the forum. Well, except for General Discussion. They're a bit... Clique-ish there.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: July 16, 2012, 11:33:56 pm »

I just fear pissing people off, cause i'm quite good at it, both intentionally and unintentionally. And i've not had many good experiences being a newb to both a forum and the game the forum is based on.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: July 16, 2012, 11:39:20 pm »

Honestly this is the most active the thread has been in some time.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: July 16, 2012, 11:39:48 pm »

If magma can't be used to burn the bodies... And they can be resurrected by a necromancer... Then... seal them in a deep dark room? EDIT: Am i being annoying? If i am, i'll be quiet.

Only to me, and I'm incredibly-irritable at the best of times.

It's starting to feel to me like the thread's turning into a chatroom... like, it's less about Spearbreakers and more about a bunch of people socializing. Which is okay, but it's not very appealing to someone like me, and I feel that you may be contributing to that.

It's Splint's thread, so it's not my call to make regarding what it should be used for, but I'm just stating my opinion on the matter. I have nothing against you, I just note that your entry directly coincides with the point where the thread started to get over 100 posts per day, with a corresponding drop in functional content.

I have an odd feeling that this post has a significant chance of turning a few people against me, but this has been bothering me for a couple days now and I know from experience that if I don't lay it out now it'll just lead to increasing nastiness on my part later.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: July 16, 2012, 11:42:02 pm »

That's our fault, but hey, All I'm doing is clean up of the zombie apocalypse right now so there isn't a whole lot for me to report on. gotta kill time somehow.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 16, 2012, 11:43:55 pm »

I'll try to post more spearbreakers related stuffs, then, and slow down my posting in general. Speaking of, any invasions, or immigrants? EDIT: ninja'd, i see my answer is no.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: July 16, 2012, 11:45:30 pm »

been dipping in and out. Mostly because my head is all scattered right now. Without any undead around though the next migrants might actually make it in without any rediculous strategy needed on my end.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: July 16, 2012, 11:47:00 pm »

It's honestly pretty harmless in this case, despite my bitching. If we didn't have Talvieno organizing the important posts, I'd be a lot more aggressive about keeping the thread uncluttered. Can't say I envy Talvi, though.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: July 16, 2012, 11:48:44 pm »

Lol, gotta love it when 'hey migrants made it in' isn't a common occurence, and in fact is a tremendous accomplishment achieved with blood, sweat and war.

@ Mr Frog: Yeah, we're keeping the thread active. But we don't want to reach that tipping point where it stops being about Spearbreakers and starts being about people posting about stuff in the Spearbreakers thread.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: July 16, 2012, 11:50:42 pm »

Still, i'll do my best to minimize my random rambling, and tiny posts. Though i will not refrain from a situationally required hilarious (to me) bond one liner.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: July 16, 2012, 11:51:01 pm »

To be fair, most of what we've discussed is related in some fashion to spearbreakers or the narritive surrounding it. Just nothing constructive.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 16, 2012, 11:52:26 pm »

+10 to everyone for handling my whining gracefully, though (especially Xaxa, who honestly has no reason to take that bullshit from me). Based on prior experiences, taking that tack in one of the discussion forums would have resulted in me being politely lynched.

Now, can we please stop rambling about how we're always rambling? I am way too tired for that kind of meta.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: July 16, 2012, 11:55:33 pm »

I'm needing advice for the artwork involving the spawnbone scythe. I was thinking castlevania style bg, with blood splatters around the edges of the image. And i have NO idea what to do with the chainblade or what i've taken to calling the Spearbreaker Special.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: July 16, 2012, 11:57:44 pm »

Also, nominating this:

Gotta love it when 'hey migrants made it in' isn't a common occurence, and in fact is a tremendous accomplishment achieved with blood, sweat and war.

This is probably the only fortress I've seen where getting migrants is cause for celebration.

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 815