Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178641 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3090 on: July 17, 2012, 12:00:30 am »

Decided to carve out a dormitory with chests and cabinets for the Skulkers. And any dwarves who are too sleepy to go up to the living level.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: July 17, 2012, 12:03:59 am »

You so sweet, Splint. Question: i read gemclod a while back, and they made mention of rock guitars. Was that purely flavor, or was that added for parties? If it was a thing... Perhaps it's time there was a band in spearbreakers. If there's ever time between seiges, that is. EDIT: Might not have been gemclod... Coulda been syrupleaf... ...now i've confused myself.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:07:54 am by Xahnel »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: July 17, 2012, 12:04:45 am »

.... I don't recall that, but then I haven't finished reading it.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: July 17, 2012, 12:11:52 am »

@Xaxah:

I don't think guitars are in the vanilla game in any capacity, no. Certainly could have been modded in, and since any instrument can be made of stone, well...

Also: that question isn't related to Spearbreakers save for the most tangential of connections.

I'm still in 'HALT, CRIMINAL' Mode. I'll chill in a bit. Just tread lightly for a few hours.

Also, you do not need to apologize, which I suspect you're about to. Or, for that matter, comment on how you're not going to apologize.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:13:28 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: July 17, 2012, 12:13:40 am »

Sheesh, I didn't want to, but I feel I must contribute to make this all worth it. :P

Fight Scene, Alternative Viewpoint
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: July 17, 2012, 12:17:01 am »

Lawl nope, i'm over my apology quota. The reason i asked is because spearbreakers, while massively entertaining in an "lulz, those gaiz r scruwed" way, the dwarves there gotta be preeetty bored, depressed, pissed, etc. I think adding rock concerts to parties as a way to boost their moods would be a fun idea, because as Splint said a few (hundred, for me) pages ago, i've become attatched to the idea of keeping these guys not only breathing, but happy despite blood rain, spawnspawnspawnspawnspawn, dead migrants, and necromancer zombie apocalypses. EDIT: Ninja'd be story! Very nice fight sequence. Zap Branidorf triumphs again.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:18:43 am by Xahnel »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: July 17, 2012, 12:19:10 am »

@Xaxah:

Also, you do not need to apologize, which I suspect you're about to. Or, for that matter, comment on how you're not going to apologize.

Lawl nope, i'm over my apology quota.

This is funny.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: July 17, 2012, 12:22:51 am »

This random, music related idea brought to you by "through the fire and the flames" by dragonforce. I'm picturing this blasting as goblins invade, and the dorfs charge out to slaughter them. EDIT: If i had the slightest bit of skill with movie making, i would make this... ah, to dream...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:25:06 am by Xahnel »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: July 17, 2012, 12:27:09 am »

This random, music related idea brought to you by "through the fire and the flames" by dragonforce. I'm picturing this blasting as goblins invade, and the dorfs charge out to slaughter them.

If you need to chat with someone, I believe Splint's currently looking for a friend who is not a soulless robot. Maybe PM him? Click on his username; the rest should become obvious.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: July 17, 2012, 12:28:59 am »

This random, music related idea brought to you by "through the fire and the flames" by dragonforce. I'm picturing this blasting as goblins invade, and the dorfs charge out to slaughter them.

If you need to chat with someone, I believe Splint's currently looking for a friend who is not a soulless robot. Maybe PM him? Click on his username; the rest should become obvious.

Why thank you. I have been promoted from bastard to soulless robot.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: July 17, 2012, 12:32:40 am »

No can do, Frog, sir. Cell phone is too weaksauce to click names. Normally i'd just post my phone number so people can text if they like, but this is a forum, not a cbox, and it's only my second day here. Therefore cannot do that. I'll just be quiet. EDIT: one more thing then i'll be quiet. No one told me if there were any deserts in this world, and what the names of them were if they existed.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:45:08 am by Xahnel »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: July 17, 2012, 12:51:36 am »

You've said you'll quiet down multiple times now. Just saying you will doesn't mean that you will. You need to learn to slow down and think before you post and consciously judge if any of what you're posting needs to be said.

And with that, I'll drop it, because it feels like I'm going in circles with this and I really, really just want to be nice to you for a change.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: July 17, 2012, 12:57:26 am »

To answer, there are several but I don't know the names.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: July 17, 2012, 01:35:01 am »

There we go, nice half hour gap o' silence whilst i did me some arts and writes. Thanks, splint. I'll just generate a world and pick one of the names. I'm starting Rose's journey story. I'll post it tomorrow most likely, along with Chestnut. EDIT: Just generated bout the smallest world i could. Part of it is named the Hills of Boring. Lawl. EDIT 2: What's the year?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:02:12 am by Xahnel »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: July 17, 2012, 10:06:59 am »

250-ish I believe. We lost track around six years ago.

Why thank you. I have been promoted from bastard to soulless robot.

Kobot. I just pictured a dalek going, "COM-FORT. COM-FORT." While hugging Splint.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 815