Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178218 times)

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3105 on: July 17, 2012, 11:55:43 am »

Somehow, some way, I screwed up big time whilst copying Rose's journey journal. Oh well. You can reads tomorrow. For now: CHESTNUT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, my cell phone is broken, so until I get a new one, expect an absence of me, save for when I'm here at the library.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: July 17, 2012, 01:12:22 pm »

i am going to hide in random blocky-ness now.

NEW DWAWING!

status to scanner: 0.00000000000000000000001%

whos read his majesty's starship or the xenocide mission?
because they has a ponylike thing that is made of win.

no im not a brony or idiotic or retarded. im just odd.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: July 17, 2012, 01:34:36 pm »

To answer you Xahnel, it is currently the year 207 on the west continent calander.

And now an in character update. The sheer volume of crap laying around is reaking havoc with FPS, but compared to Swordthunders it's livable. That place wasn't so much a madhouse as it was a glorified garbage dump with hateful ghosts.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. Just so little happened in Granite it wasn't worth snapping any. Also to keep clean-up steady the watch towers will need to wait. Anyone who comes to play will just have to meet Fischer instead of the spikewalk.

-This is a cat leather bound journal. All craftsdwarfship is of mediocre quality at best. It is bordered with bands of slate and studded with slate. On the front cover is the name "Splint Lokumeshesh" in slate. On the front cover is an image of crossed pikes behind a shield in slate. On the back cover is an image of an elephant in elephant ivory. The elephant is depicted in a pool of liquid and screaming. The elephant is melting. It shows signs of wear and now has an iron chain attached to the spine, likely to be carried over the shoulder. The chain appears to be slightly rusted.

1st Granite, year 207. Second term of office as overseer of Lokumokab, Spearbreakers.

It's been some time since I picked you up journal. Too long a time in fact. Paintbrush asked me if I'd like to take over, since the trials of battle are beginning to wear him down. I agreed, if only to correct my many mistakes in the past. I've decided that, in light of how many skulkers turned out at the main celebration, to dig a barracks for them as a gesture of good will.

We also have a single Holistic Warrior perched in our grounds and have dispatched a soldier named Awl to dispose of it. I'm confident he will take care of it, as he earned a title for himself in the battles here amongst his fellow pikedwarves.

3rd Granite, 207.

With his victory this morning, Awl raised his sky blue pike high in the air and proclimed himself Awl Steelcrazy, The Warm Bastion of Gullys, a master of the pike!

[When he struck down the wrestler it stated he bacame a pikemaster. Badass timing. His name was Sigun at the time. Just wanted him to have a different name, so based it on the Awl Pike.]

12th Granite, 207.

Clean up is still slow going and Codyorr said he saw a hand running around up on the hill much of the fortress was built into. I have dispatched Fischer to investigate, and kill the cocksucker responsible.

15th Granite, 207.

Cleanup is still slow going, and that bastard is still roaming around. The original entrance has been finished and rehooded to it's old lever in what used to be the furnishings workbay. Speaking of which, I seem to be the only one willing to risk lives to save on space. While I care for everyone here deeply, I don't want us using more material than is needed to get things done.

Also a few undead are blundering about, and nobody seems to really care anymore, simply going about cleaning up the mess and more or less just kind of pushing them aside and going about thier day. I've deployed 1st and 2nd Squads in a pattern to funnel the bastard, because he has to be somewhere he can see the bodies he's reanimating. Hopefully he'll be dead soon enough. I've also issued orders to Solpyre to dig out a new cage storage, and for a barracks to be dug into the space next to the depot. I've also issued an order to begin making more mugs and a few hundred blocks so we can begin constructing a proper fortress to house the army.

On that note, and true to my word, I have given the military extended leave, so they may recover from this ordeal, and to assist in cleaning up the mess, save for Colonel Fischer's platoon.

On a personal note.... I know it's wrong but I've requested my rooms be finished. Mr Frog said he saw plenty of spare furniture, so I've opted to bring it in myself once the floors are finished.

-a little rushed, but there's thunder and I needed to save the game just in case and post this before my power cut out.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: July 17, 2012, 03:57:14 pm »

@Mr Frog: The Spearbreakers thread closely resembles the Spearbreakers fortress: everyone doing their own thing, nothing getting done, everything in chaos and it's up to one poor sod to figure out how to wrestle it into something resembling order. Humorously,
If we didn't have Talvieno organizing the important posts, I'd be a lot more aggressive about keeping the thread uncluttered. Can't say I envy Talvi, though.
this may soon be you. I've reached 35k of the 40k character limit in the second post... which was originally why I kept the titles short, but everybody seemed to like the longer ones. :P I suppose I could just edit everything and send an updated third post regularly (weekly?) to Splint so he can modify it, but.... I don't know how he'd like that cluttering up his inbox.

Xahnel, awesome depiction of Chestnut. :D    Am I correct in thinking that you were the one who drew the original Rose?

Splint, I would've liked to have seen what you did with the original Splint/Talvieno entrance... Would've been worth a picture, I think. I was going to make the loopy path a lot, lot longer, with plenty of room for archers in the tower to fire at idiots bumbling past. OH, and if we could maybe capture some mountain barbarians or goblins in cages to use for sport (feed to Ashsaber/Softa, as I doubt our soldiers could use the training), that'd be awesome.
I don't envy you the cleanup job outside. And hooray for skulkers. :D Out of curiosity, how many of our soldiers have titles at this point? Awl's mano a mano combat with the Spawn was awesome.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: July 17, 2012, 04:00:08 pm »

Awl  fucking scared me to be honest. And I didn't look (thunder still, don't wanna chance it.) Awl literally beat the shit out of it. It only got in a few swings before his pike shattered its heart.

And I don't mind the inbox clutter. I appreciate any and all assistance.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: July 17, 2012, 04:20:19 pm »

more joruny long fucking walks in spawn infested territory logs, finished Art of bukit (with and without armor) will try to post soon.

By armok. Bukit kept walking and walking trough the blood covered plane, but alas. No sign of the fabled fort. he sat on a rock to rest, took is helmet and gloves off. And started to scribble, a self portrait of sorts. He drew himself, a miner,the spawn, and the fabled holistic. The children were crying, there boots soaked in the unholy liquid. His once pure white armor was now bloody and stained. He got up and kept walking
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: July 17, 2012, 04:22:02 pm »

Can I get a miner?
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: July 17, 2012, 04:26:34 pm »

When I can spare someone yes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: July 17, 2012, 04:31:20 pm »

I've also issued an order to begin making more mugs and a few hundred blocks so we can begin constructing a proper fortress to house the army.

I hope you put the order on repeat, and don't remind the next overseer to turn it off.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: July 17, 2012, 04:34:15 pm »

I shall. Also, the tiny chat is open forbusiness if you think you can stomach it Hans.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: July 17, 2012, 05:45:44 pm »

@Talvi:

I'd be happy to pick up where you leave off, but it may also be feasible to just hijack another of your own posts (or create a new one wholesale) and link to that one in your first. Whenever I had to collate everything, I invariably wound up dragging my feet after a bit, and I'd rather not leave it to myself indefinitely.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: July 17, 2012, 06:21:25 pm »

MUHAHA!

im sorry, my crazy limit isent reached yet.

HAHAHAH!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

llasram

• Bay Watcher
  • raising the dead since 1103
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: July 17, 2012, 07:03:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
the third and final panel is finally done. The only tasks left are to add tonns of mugs to all of them
Friendship is magic
Necromancy is magic
∴Necromancy is Friendship.
Don't worry -- it still makes no sense whatsoever.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: July 17, 2012, 07:50:02 pm »

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he absolutly detests toads.

llasram

• Bay Watcher
  • raising the dead since 1103
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: July 17, 2012, 08:02:58 pm »

Its actually a frog, and no. He is just in a hyper-paranoid state where everyday objects he sees are hallucinated into things that are mocking him. the torch turns into the skull, the elf ear into a elf, and the random bone on the floor into an entire hand trying to kill him.
Friendship is magic
Necromancy is magic
∴Necromancy is Friendship.
Don't worry -- it still makes no sense whatsoever.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 815