Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178358 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3165 on: July 19, 2012, 01:10:24 pm »

Is there a marksdwarf avaible for me to get?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: July 19, 2012, 01:29:14 pm »

I'm sure there is.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: July 19, 2012, 02:36:28 pm »

Booyah, we finally killed the freaking necromancers that were plaguing the fortress for over a year? Job well done, Splint. :D :thumbup: Also, who got the position of Baron? I don't think you said. Looking forwards to the next update.
Btw, Jack Magnus, Firehawk - good to see you guys here. :)

UNRELATED:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm a bit busy today, but I'll post all the new stuff on page 1 soon(ish).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 02:38:04 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: July 19, 2012, 02:44:02 pm »

I did some ego stroking with the barony, since I already had a decent office and bedroom and still hadn't fiinished my dingingroom/ proper meeting room. Also as we weren't using ait for anything I plated my floor with Zinc, though that was largly just to keep trees from going in them and to boost value a little bit.

May need to dig Talvi a basement for her spoilerite statue otherwise my game dorf will pitch a fit (Story splint won't give two shits what other dorfs have.)

Also holy crap... he actually struck down one of the unintended side effects of our writings....

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: July 19, 2012, 07:28:05 pm »

now i want a zinc floor.

its vital to life!

444-4444
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: July 19, 2012, 07:37:13 pm »

A short IC update to come. And Asea, everyone else hase an engravable floor. That's way better than zinc. Zinc is overall pretty worthless anyway....

Nothing major has really happened, though Fischer and her squad (why the hell do I have a combined arms unit? That's not good for training purposes (I've going to disarm the simulator soon enough.))

EDIT: Here be the update.

19th Granite, 207.

A soldier by the name of Jack Magnus has felt a surge of divine wrath enter his body while he fought the remaining undead today, proclaiming himself a lord of the axe. Clean up is still slow and horrible.

I've gone back into my ledgers and have begun sorting from the bones what is useful and what isn't. Whatever can't be made into ammo or crafts as been given the almighty magma chute order. Took some doing.... but then, the voices have begun encroaching on my mind again, and it did wonders to silence them. I grabbed a few beekeepers and ordered them to get to work on the bones, as anything useful is going to be put to use.

Before the day closed, another dwarf has named himself a pikemaster. Seems Mr Frog's simulation chamber has improved thier morale and willingness to fight considerably.

20th Granite, 207.

Seeing as cave adaptation is a serious threat, I've decieded, partially to clean up some of the logs we've got laying about, to build a nice overland statue garden. If we have any iron left over from the standing forge orders, I'll have some fine iron statues commisioned to decorate it. It will also sport towers as a precaution.

A fellow named Lor also informed me no-one else was allowed to... well... He's....

I didn't even know we had crossbows made of them.... I've also ordered the walls torn down in the work areas. I despised those stupid cell setups in the capital. It made it seem more like our workshops were prison cells rather than workspaces. I've ordered doors bolted in too. Berserkers have never torn down doors in my expierience, so we'll be fine.

28th granite, 207.

Amazing! We have finally be recognized for all our hard efforts! Simon Tam said he recommended myself for the honor. Nothing a little ego stroking can harm, we have black bronze and most things I'll probably decide to mandate at random will be of some use or another. I just hope I don't get a sudden urge to have something made from blue diamond...

3rd Slate, 207.

Finally that bastard slipped up. We spotted him at the site of the garden, and the two dwarves on site, Bloodeyes and Askad, lept upon him! As Fischer was unavailable, The two fought admirably, punching numerous holes in him before Fischer got wind and came in to finish him with a shield to the brain. Terrahex was also seen leaving the battle, his quiver empty. Evidently nobody even knew he was there except Fischer, and that was after the fact.

I also noticed many of the smaller apartments haven't had thier chests and cabinets installed. I've also found something disturbing: One of the veteran apartments was given to a child. As the child has done nothing for the fortress, I am switching them out with one of the soldiers. Only those who put thier lives at risk deserve the delux accomodations. Also once the liason leaves, I plan to name Fischer our Champion. He's earned it.

The skulker's barracks has been put up, complete with communal accomodations for storage needs. It may not be enough for all of them, but at least they have a place now. Also, my rooms are nearly done and been brought up to baron's standards. Still have some tree that need to be uprooted though.

[image]

[Ill have to go back and add in the images later, I have the screens but I'm more a wordsmith and artist than a screencapper. Also Fischer, Splint, and Talvi have grand bedrooms. Mr Frog, you're part of a reserve unit now so you should have something to bitch about IC (being forced to carry a loaded crossbow everywhere when you have much better weapons for yourself for example)]

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: July 19, 2012, 08:16:11 pm »

Zinc? No, no, Splint... Gold is the way to go. Solid gold floors, chairs, everything. Write it in as dwarf!Splint trying to make life worth living again after the loss of his beloved Stova or something - we never really did much with that story, anyway, and it had so much meat on it, too.
Think about it:
I think I got a bit overdramatic there.

Ninja'd by an update.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:32:56 pm by Talvieno »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: July 19, 2012, 08:16:28 pm »

ignore. bad connection.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:19:50 pm by Talvieno »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: July 19, 2012, 08:16:54 pm »

more ignore.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:22:31 pm by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: July 19, 2012, 08:29:01 pm »

I went with zinc because I'm pragmatic. Gold is best used for trade, though I do hope to make some above standard iron statuary for the garden. I used all of the zinc for my floors, and I now have a proper weapon rack to place that dusty hammer....

Though he fought by blade and pike, with a hammer that glows with vengence, made by his lost lover's hand, will he make his final stand.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: July 19, 2012, 08:30:32 pm »

I'm picturing dorf!splint at the end of Spearbreakers going down in a furious blaze of glory, roaring, "Stova!" as his battlecry, Fischer at his side.
Literally hundreds of spawn, some of them former Spearbreakers.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: July 19, 2012, 08:35:59 pm »

I really was touched, by that little tale. Honestly. Although I did continue with the ego stroking and some of my furniture is made of gold. I never went too far into it because at the time, other matters were on hand. But now...? Now those voices he mentioned a few times? They may well be his old memories come to haunt him.

I'm also waiting on more glumprong to fall when any old wood would be fine for the garden walls. I'd like more stone blocks for the upper battlements, but rough shale will have to do....

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: July 19, 2012, 08:48:04 pm »

I'm picturing dorf!splint at the end of Spearbreakers going down in a furious blaze of glory, roaring, "Stova!" as his battlecry, Fischer at his side.
Literally hundreds of spawn, some of them former Spearbreakers.
This. I can definitely see this happening.

I really was touched, by that little tale. Honestly. Although I did continue with the ego stroking and some of my furniture is made of gold. I never went too far into it because at the time, other matters were on hand. But now...? Now those voices he mentioned a few times? They may well be his old memories come to haunt him.

I'm also waiting on more glumprong to fall when any old wood would be fine for the garden walls. I'd like more stone blocks for the upper battlements, but rough shale will have to do....
Thanks - I'm glad you liked it. I didn't read your update with the voices until after I'd posted the ministory, so that's kind of neat.
Really, make more blocks. If I remember right, 1 stone = 4 blocks. Very useful, and it won't take as long, especially as blocks are easier to haul.

this is taking absolutely forever with this connection, and I'm going to hold off posting anything else for now, to keep from quintuple posting or worse. :P

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: July 19, 2012, 08:49:49 pm »

It's slow going honestly. There's so many backed up orders it isn't funny, and the cleanup is making it take longer.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: July 19, 2012, 08:57:48 pm »

Maybe we'll get more migrants that survive soon, and we'll have over a hundred dwarves for the first time... In ever.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 815