Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178538 times)

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3300 on: July 21, 2012, 09:47:43 pm »

hmm, no migrants is weird i got 2 waves when i played your turn for the heck of it
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: July 21, 2012, 09:49:32 pm »

You may have a different popcap thing in your copy.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: July 21, 2012, 10:07:18 pm »

i think the popcap is given i the ini file....

yeah just checked mine is set to 1000 LOL
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: July 21, 2012, 10:10:17 pm »

That's what I meant. Oh, and Nevyn got possessed. I'll post the update for Felsite when he (hopefully) finishes his artefact. I hope it's a weapon!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: July 21, 2012, 11:58:35 pm »

In a grave and grim humor, I present you with an update.

Fischer
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:41:42 am by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: July 22, 2012, 12:34:02 am »

7th Felsite, 207.

ANOTHER FUCKING NECROMANCER. How many more of these worthless dregs do we have to kill to get the point across there there is no fun to be had here for them!?

Fischer was bringing in some trap component or another when she heard the pup yelping, so she went out and confronted him. According to one of the roofers, she called the necromancer "A blight on the world's ass in need of a good stompin'." before kicking his ass.

[Either Fischer is really that good or he made no effort to defend himself except punching a puppy. He got no attacks in before he died. It essentially amounted to three pages of Fischer stabbing the fuck out him with her named steel pike until she got a bleed out kill.]

12th Felsite, 207.

Hoo boy....

Let's hope he doesn't end up like The Master did.... Though it's entirely possible whatever possessed him is trying again using Nevyn...

15th Felsite, 207.

He spent 3 days gathering materials, some rough claro opals and citrins.

Come on Nevyn.... Don't succumb to the madness that claimed my friend...

16th Felsite, 207.

Lor shot a raven for no real reason. Nothing of note happened otherwise.

20th Felsite, 207.

He finished, thank the gods. Not a weapon, but I'll take it. It's a stunning monument to the founding of the settlement, called The Glumness of Rags.... How did he know what Stova looked like?

23rd Felsite, 207.

The elves finally arrived. Good time to foist all our useless shit on them. Ordinarilly I'd just gut the little poity-eared tree-humping fuckwits, but we need to get rid of our moutains of junk, one way or another.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: July 22, 2012, 12:39:01 am »

A statue isn't too bad. At least its somewhat useful and not something like a flute or a damn earring.

Also, yay update. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: July 22, 2012, 12:41:03 am »

Put that Fischer's room.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: July 22, 2012, 02:28:26 am »

thought i had mentioned that fisher got fucking fast...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: July 22, 2012, 02:36:18 am »

I can't put it in Fischer's room or else GAME!DORF!Splint will pitch a fit. I had to give him at least grand to keep him from getting annoyed by Fischer and Talvieno's accomodations as it is.

Oh, and an errently labeled peice of wood propted elves to die. The humans will be making a VERY good profit this year.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: July 22, 2012, 05:34:52 am »

[An update! Now with 30% more goblin bodies!]

25th Felsite, 207.

I fucking hate elves. We now have an expanded junk collection because of an errant peice of wood. No more trading with them. We either ignor them or kill them. No exceptions, I also decided to set a work order to turn whatever wood we have left into bins. When the humans come, we'll probably give away more stuff than we'll sell.

Oh, and a soldier named Fervus ran into a thief while he was off duty. Needless to say it didn't end so well for the kobold.

The fight reportedly lasted all of 15 seconds.

26th Felsite, 207.

Goblins! Thank the gods so many of the workers outside were armed. I put out an emergency alert for everyone to head inside, while Fischer and the rest of 1st and 2nd Squads rushed outside.

As I was in my office at the time of the shouting from outside reached me, I have to rely on second hand accounts.

Nevyn got the first hit in, sending a bolt into the lead goblin's weapon arm!

Ironheart disabled one's leg.

Ironheart showed remarkable intelligence and fell back with Nevyn, and the two began hammering the goblins with bolts while the mixed jumble of soldiers charged. Evidently many of the workers outside were off duty 1st and 2nd squad members. [seriously. Nevyn and Ironheart got caught out hauling shale to a roadsite, and with the goblins between them and safty they just retreated to a "safe distance" and started shooting without even being activated.]

[I think I deployed a few men too many for this.]

Evidently Karakzon was saved by Talvi's handiwork. [Masterwork iron helm ftw.]

Jack Magnus scored the first kill of the battle, scoring a "Bleedout" as the soldiers refer to such combat deaths.

There was one particularly tough hammerbog that took quite the beating during the fight, compared to thier lasherleader, who had passed our from sheer pain at the outset when he'd been shot in the hand. Fervus struck down the resiliant goblin, sending his steel axe through the goblin's crude helmet and thus his brain, scoring the second kill of hte battle.

[How the fuck he was still alive when this happened I'll never know. He was killed by Fervus shortly after this pic was snapped.]

A soldier named Gorefast got the leader, and third kill, decapiting the foul greenskin in one fell swing. Fisher, annoyed by one's attempt to flee, knocked all his teeth out with an angry mailed fist. Hakah claimed the kill when he bisected the goblin's toothless head down the middle. Last to fall was some poor bastard on the unfinished bridge. Fervus ended the battle when his axe tasted more goblin brain matter.

Thankfully, no-one was hospitalized and not but greenskins will be sent to meet thier war god.

[One hell of a fight, the sheer number of dwarves actually restricting this to a single ingame day.]

27th Felsite, 207.

More cries of ambushers erupted by the worksite, and many of the civil defense units sprung into action, firing on the enemy in an attempt to save Codyorr, who narrowly escaped with his life after he fired a shot at an aggressor who jumped him.

Mr Frog was reported as bellowing at those under his command within earshot to hold thier positions, all while he himself was at the forefront of the ambush. Fischer was taking a goblin's tooth as a trophy, and Gemblade was laying a path accross the pond, and so rushed to join the fray.

[Yes, that's Mr Frog fighting the goblins directly with his crossbow, right at the front.]

Fischer plowed right by to save Codyorr, who was now firing on the enemy from the hill above, while Gemblade and several other soldiers rushed to meet the enemy. Mr Frog still held his position as well. He'll be put in for an award if he makes it.... No. No he will make it. Fischer's there, he'll be fine.

A dwarfette named Uvash, child in backpack, struck hardest first, "liberating" a goblin's feet from his body. As I felt the need to go on interviewing the soldiers to be nonexistant, I retired to my office for a time.

[the battle escalated, but at one point, I shit you not, they more or less bowled over one lasher and left her standing there, probably confused as to what the hell just happened, until they came back from killing her squadmates.]

I do know the kills went as follows:

Fervus: One kill, smashed the goblin's skull in with his hand. This was the squad leader, a swordsgoblin.
Uvash + child: one kill, first battle death of the ambush; Bleedout.
One kill, slayer unknown, by bisection, so it was one of the axedwarves.

The rest, I have no idea. I have posted first squad on site for emergency response. Workers are already bringing bodies in, taking them to the trash closet in the messhall.

28th Felsite, 207.

I have officially named Fischer our champion. She will do us proud.

Quite the far cry from my time as overseer during the founding of the fortress! Such an eventful spring!

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: July 22, 2012, 08:57:06 am »

LOL, i feel sorry for any future spawn ambushes.... is it possible i overoptimized the military / labor force? on a sidenote i don't think the melm was Tavis more likely to be bukitodinos, i think he was a high master armorer when i finished

@ splint, can you activate everybody for a bit, just to make sure they all put their armor on?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:59:20 am by Paintbrushturkey »

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: July 22, 2012, 12:39:22 pm »

Sweet, two updates~ BURN THE NECROS AT THE STAKES! It'll be good for morale! :D

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: July 22, 2012, 01:53:57 pm »

wows.

awesomesause pancakes.

hows the "Aseahereu, Army Dwarf"?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: July 22, 2012, 05:03:25 pm »

If he dies I'll tell you. Stop asking.

And yes there's a date discrepency, but I wanted the mess to coincide with springs end, so I fudged the date on purpose (though the ambushes happened at the correct times.)

Bukitodino's is a weaponsmith. I think he's the one who made alot of the pikes and axes our soldiers are using. Talvi had been called upon as a makshift armoeror in the past and now it's her main profession.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 815