Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178037 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3345 on: July 23, 2012, 11:50:35 pm »

21st hematite. Now stop asking about migrants or I'll throw a mug at you. A lead one.

Filled with mini platinum mugs?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: July 24, 2012, 12:08:07 am »

Wait, what?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: July 24, 2012, 12:29:12 am »

6th Hematite, 207.

Summer has been quiet this first week. Aside from a fortress guard demanding that nobody touch his crossbow, nothing happened so far.

I finally got 1st Squad's barracks finished, with the iron doors being bolted on earlier today. I've also decided to squander some iron for walls on a new barracks outside on the roadway. Speaking of which, it's mostly finished now, at least around the walls. I drafted a number of people to assist in the consctruction of the roads. A kaolitinite bridge was also finished on the 4th of this month, and the last of the backed up smithing orders was fninished.

12th hematite, 207.

Niccolo has been named a Pikemaster by the champion. COnstruction goes smoothly, with the goblins ceasing thier harrasments. I knew sending Hans and that soldier out was the right call. Thanks to them, we also have an idea of where a number of larger camps are, so we'll be ready. Plus I have a friend in the human merchant nobility, and I can see that he ensures our monarch gets the maps and plans, so that he may deploy a contingent of soldiers to stamp the goblins out before they get any bright ideas.

13th Hematite, 207.

All of the masterpieces being churned out by Rochia, Ast, and Loud Whispers has me considering putting up a scoreboard in the mess hall.

Oh, and some idiot thought floor grates to hold another FROG unit would be able to hold up a stone floor.

It resulted in a portion of the road getting destroyed, the shale block shattering the pavement.

[Splint is not amused. It took the better part of slate to build that road.]

Rodge got knocked on his ass but he's fine now. The road is being reconstructed, and should be finished in four or five days, as the materials are now just strewn about the worksite.

15th Hematite, 207.

Since they have notoriously short life expectancies, I've ordered our giant grasshopper and jumping spider be turned into meals. Such a shame, as the giant jumping spider would have made a fine fighting beast.

18th Hematite, 207.

A worker replacing a wall for the newest FROG unit spotted a snatcher today.

he got shot at by said worker and his friend, herding him towards Fischer, though he decied to take his chances with two dwarves armed with crossbows than one frothing rage-fueled dwarf of debatable femininity.

[in the time it took the goblin to move four steps towards the fort, and get shot at five times (all misses) Fischer was already on him. I don't care if there was some godmode glitch or what, I am legit scared of Fischer now.]

I decided to have Fischer remain on post in case more snatchers showed up, and no sooner had I issued the order did I hear her shouting she got another one. I think I'll put out a decree that our soldiers may claim teeth and skulls as trophies. After all, nothing quite says "STAY THE FUCK AWAY" than the head-and-or-toothless bodies of your comrades littering the enemy fortress.

[One nameless goblin asshole vs Champion Fischer! place your bets everyone!]

Yeah it didn't end very well for the goblins. A third was spotted and the fortress guards in the area joined in, severly injuring one before Fischer went to work. She skewered the second's brain, and scored a bleedout kill on the third.

19th Hematite, 207.

Megaman and Codyorr literally walked into another snatcher today.

If my memory serves me correctly, these snatcher crews typically work in teams of 2 to four morons. And this one clearly hadn't heard the cries of his allies, and Codyorr shot him in his snatchbag hand and his chest for his trouble. Fischer killed him however.

Well. That's no good. In response to this poor fellow's rise, I've ordered whatever slabs we have engraved. Among those to be memorialized is The Master. The last thing I need is his ghost coming back and tearing people's limbs off or picking a fight with Fischer.

I've ordered the above area dug out for headstones. I've also suspended the drink production order, as we have enough drink to last for at least two years, probably far longer. I've also decided to build a mill, as we don't seem to have one anywhere. And I wish someone would get those clear glass blocks I asked for for the garden made.

21st Hematite, 207.

If they didn't hold up a floor last time they won't hold up a wall... Corai got hospitalized witha broken leg, since a block slid off a grate and fell on him.

22nd Hematite, 207.

Migrants! More brave hearts have come to bolster our numbe-

[That grey 'X' was literally the only migrant we got. Armok hates us.]

One. One dwarf showed up. Bit tall and thin for a dwarf, but then so is Mr Frog. Maybe she's a relative of his? Oh, and a snatcher showed up. A fortress guard shot him in the head as he tried to escape. I'm going to have a hammerdwarf from Fischer's squad deal with that goblin head so we can install a replacment FROG on the tunnle.

There is probably more to come, and these few snatchers probably herald goblin strike teams in the area.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: July 24, 2012, 12:33:40 am »

I got hospitalized? Oh great. The hospital.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: July 24, 2012, 12:37:07 am »

It's just a broken leg. Though knowing our luck they'll amputate your arms or something.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: July 24, 2012, 12:41:00 am »

Rose showed up alone? Typical. I'll say gobbies attacked the migrants, and she was the only survivor. Too bad, you lost an imaginary master weaponsmith.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:47:10 am by Xahnel »

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: July 24, 2012, 12:50:04 am »

I got hospitalized? Oh great. The hospital.

actually it worksfine now, there is actually a functional well in there and we have several dedicated nurses and doctors unless splint changed stuff...
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: July 24, 2012, 12:54:05 am »

I don't know if I did or not. I drafted bunch of people to help with my works projects.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: July 24, 2012, 01:02:33 am »

Edits made to the journal, which prolly sucks. I tried to be funny, but i got an odd sense of humor. I hope corai doesn't need a cranioectomy for the leg. Knowing this hospital they might decide just that.

EDIT: I like the suggestion that rose is related to Mr Frog, but i'll leave whether or not it's a thing up to him.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 01:07:38 am by Xahnel »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: July 24, 2012, 01:07:02 am »

Mitch is bringing him down now (game's paused) so we'll see.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: July 24, 2012, 02:22:22 am »

I'm dragging people to hospital? Bummer, I designated doctors to do that. I bet someone gave them jobs.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: July 24, 2012, 02:26:21 am »

You just happened to be the closest unoccupied dwarf at the time.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: July 24, 2012, 03:53:16 am »

@Xaxah:

It'd be amusing if Rose was related to Frog, but as Frog's from a different plane, that'd imply... things. Is Rose supposed to be a Spearbreakers-worlder? Because that would preclude such a relation.

I didn't really plan on Frog having a sister... plus, he's 40-ish years old (I probably should have laid that out a bit sooner :p) and Rose looks pretty young. I suppose it'd be possible for Rose to have been born when Frog was in his twenties, but it seems a little odd. And there'd be the question of just what in the hell Rose is doing here anyways (you don't exactly pop over into Spawnland on a whim).

I didn't really consider what sort of family Mr Frog would have at all, though, and I suppose it'd be entertaining to do a reaction journal along the lines of 'oh goddammit why's my sister here now!?'. I'm still leaning pretty heavily towards 'no', though I am open to persuasion.

Also: have you actually posted your journal? I can't find it anywhere...

@Splint:

It's so weird having punctual updates now :V  Good job. This'll do very odd things to the journals' timelines, though :p
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 03:59:50 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: July 24, 2012, 04:02:09 am »

He has to use a library computer so he'll probably type it up tomorrow.

And what does the Frog mean by odd things?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: July 24, 2012, 04:13:40 am »

Basically, it would imply that Rose would have had a solid reason to travel between planes to Spearbreakers-world (which, may I remind y'all, is a Spawn-infested hellscape with probably more than a few regulations against entering, chief among them being good ol' common sense) that doesn't come into conflict with the fact that Frog's never mentioned having a sister. For example, it probably can't be because she was concerned for his safety, because if they really were that close he'd likely have at least mentioned her.

You've pretty much solidified that she's the same thing as Mr Frog, though (whatever he is), and as whatever Mr Frog is doesn't seem to be native to Spearbreakers-world... well...

E: ...On closer inspection, I completely misinterpreted your question :\ Sorry.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:15:20 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 815