Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178450 times)

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3405 on: July 25, 2012, 02:12:59 am »

James shoots Splint with a tranquilizer gun, peircing the skin!
Splint feels woozy!
Splint has been knocked out!
Sleep tight, Splint.  Being well-rested is necessary to maintain focus, lest you you make a mistake like leaving a door open mid-seige.

P.S. No, I won't be injecting you with various mysterious chemicals while you're asleep on behalf of Mr Frog.  I cooked them up myself and just need a guinea pig test subject to find out what they do. (No reason to let him have a monopoly on mad science here after all)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: July 25, 2012, 02:17:50 am »

I just woke up to be honest, and it's 3:20 am. Hence, sideways fucked sleeping schedule.

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: July 25, 2012, 02:20:19 am »

Could I also be "Dwarfed"

Named Draconik (Male), Draconia (Female)
Profession: Scientist

Build: Very Tall and Big even by dwarven standards, and dresses in a large leather overcoat pants and he calls a "Stove-Pipe Tophat"
the overcoat has a strange red/white pattern on the left side pocket

and no my profile's last name has !!NOTHING!!   important about it.  (Just had to recreate account as i no-longer have the PW or old email and I just got done reading all the current story)  and there are only three things to say about this place.

1: Masterwork Holy Shit
2: Awesomeness = ((Infinity X Pi) divided by Zero) Twice
3: The Fuck the World lever is tied to the storeroom Full of MUGS

and got Ninja'd Twice *Edit* Got my Logo showing now. =)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:25:57 am by Draconik_Sankis »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: July 25, 2012, 02:30:52 am »

Welcome aboard buddy.

Seems a few people are capitalizing on the whole interdimensional aspect of this narrative. Congratz Mr Frog! You started a very creepy fucking fad among researchers!

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: July 25, 2012, 04:01:32 am »

Backstory and Character Motive
[Hint Think Parasol is a "Good Corp?"]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bit on the Too Long side but Hey what can a Enlighted possibly Infected Scientist Do
*Evil Grin*

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: July 25, 2012, 04:07:42 am »

Excellent Draconik. If we get more migrants (at this point I have very low hopes since we only got one this summer) I'll give you the date, so he can arrive by blending in with the immigrants.

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: July 25, 2012, 04:12:55 am »

Thanks although at the size of a regular dwarf with 3/4s of one I don't hold much hope of blending in
Will Find it Funny if he bumps into Mr Frog at the Fortress entry through [Parasol logo on the overcoat and all]
Also noting Spearbreakers now has members of Every Corporation within its walls, I can only picture what the results of Task #3 will be.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: July 25, 2012, 04:17:30 am »

This is a masterful engraving of Temporal Stability and megacorps in shale. The temporal stability is in the fetal position. The megacorps are stringing menacing poses. The Temporal Stability is crying.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: July 25, 2012, 04:31:44 am »

[Hint Think Parasol is a "Good Corp?"]

Does ANY side in this world qualify as good? 

By the way, I think it must be said that in the story (not the actual fortress, the tale of the world as a whole)I rectified the fact that the Spearbreakers tvtropes page lists the spawn as "Demoted to extra."

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: July 25, 2012, 04:54:58 am »

Acutally going through the story there are two forces of good for the fortress
one is Mitch
and the second is

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: July 25, 2012, 05:14:16 am »

Th spawn pretty much did get demoted to extras because they seem pitifully underpowered when facing Fischer and mnore often than not we use them to kill other ivaders before rewarding them with pikes to the chest.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: July 25, 2012, 05:25:45 am »

Acutally going through the story there are two forces of good for the fortress
one is Mitch
and the second is
I wouldn't call either of those good morally so much as serving their own sides.

Th spawn pretty much did get demoted to extras because they seem pitifully underpowered when facing Fischer and mnore often than not we use them to kill other ivaders before rewarding them with pikes to the chest.
I did say that it was for the tale of Everoc as whole as opposed to just Spearbreakers, did I not?  They may have found themselves de-fanged when against Fischer, but that is only a minor concern when poised to overwhelm all civilizations in the land.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: July 25, 2012, 05:29:01 am »

I'm sure you all were expecting an update today, but I had another late night last night and so was too tired to do anything edit-y other than stare at the screen and go 'buuuuuh'. Unfortnately, I apparently wasn't too tired to go into a strange mood and program a fully-functional word processor (in BASIC!) (oh, and it was a secretive mood, just for posterity), so I guess I'll be sleep-deprived tomorrow as well. And it looks like I now have multiple big ol' walls o' text to traverse, too, so I'll be busy with that :V

So, uh, sorry if I mildly-disappointed anyone. I'll just be over here fiddling with my word processor...
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: July 25, 2012, 05:53:20 am »

Ok, just saying again. Everoc is not the whole world, but one area of it (for our purposes the eastern hemisphere's main continnent.) The place we are, is not connected to Everoc aside from sharing the same boulder whipping through space.

This is where the spawn are from originally for our purposes. Ignor the map. I chose to make use of this as several things considered canon, such as the journal of kith, have effectivly placed Boatmurdered, and by extenstion many other of the greats in Everoc, as the dwarves of the setting are largly based upon those of Dwarf Fortress.

Here's the journal of Kith, for the curious who've not read it.

But then that's the interpretation i chose to make use of for this. Also, once again, Spearbreakers isn't intended to be some last bastion of hope or whatever as some of you seemed to think it In-character. It's a dingey, horrible, moss covered military installation that uses mugs as currency that was established by Monarchial order as a training facility and gathering point for this particular dwarven nation's army.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: July 25, 2012, 06:55:01 am »

The Conversation skids along the ground on its head, shattering the skull and tearing the brain!
The Conversation has been struck down!
Fun with colors. If you can read this, you just suddenly realized there may be hidden messages in ALL my posts. Good luck finding them all.

Nah, I think everyone's just busy with other things at the moment.

Also, I started counting the various journal entries and stories. There's over a hundred. Each at least a paragraph or two long, some as long as ten-fifteen pages. We've literally got enough fluff going in Talvieno's post to write a damn book.
Yep, I was offline at the time.
Also, thanks to the above comment, I compiled all our fanfic work into a mighty Text Document of Doom so I could get a good word count on it with http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/countwords.shtml.
As of now, Spearbreakers fanfic contains a total of 120382 words.
This is roughly equivalent to 1.2 full-length novels.

___

Welcome to the chaos, Draconik! :D Glad to have you here, really enjoyed your story post. I'll get it up on the front page as soon as I can. And yeah, I'd figured Parasol was kind of evil, but not quite like that. lol

Ok, just saying again. Everoc is not the whole world, but one area of it (for our purposes the eastern hemisphere's main continnent.) The place we are, is not connected to Everoc aside from sharing the same boulder whipping through space.
I didn't quite get that until now, sorry. But this boulder whipping through space... Is it named? In science fiction, it's common for the planet to share the name as the largest continent...  ;D

And most importantly:
I'm sure you all were expecting an update today, but ... uh, sorry ...
Nooooooooooo!!! Life just isn't worth living anymore!!!  :'(
(seriously though, I've had the programming distraction problem, too. too often. No biggie, just glad you had fun with it.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:57:09 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 815