Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178031 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3510 on: July 26, 2012, 09:05:56 pm »

I've noticed the low activity too... Splint, anything exciting happen that isn't top secret?

His sleeping has become sporadic apparently. Hes probably fast asleep.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: July 26, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »

@Talvi:

I imagined them more as being incredibly-hardcore gremlins -- you don't actually see them at work, but you know something's up because everything just starts going wrong -- important people mysteriously vanish and critical equipment consistently fails at the worst possible times.

@Xahnel:

Joseph wasn't produced as a result of an established character knocking someone up under logically-dubious circumstances. I definitely recall Talvieno being all 'O_o' when it became clear that I was making Joseph into an actual Thing, and I certainly should have taken it up with him before commandeering his plot element like that (though, in my defense, it was a very minor element I was hijacking -- more of a running gag than anything else).

Punching holes in your proposed plots and forcing you to come up with something more airtight if needed is exactly how I'm trying to help you. If I spot a problem with something, I'm not going to ignore it; it's against my ethical code. It's better to make sure that the backstory is as free of inconsistencies as possible before writing a story based on it, because otherwise you risk basing important elements on details that in retrospect could not possibly have come into effect, which can kill a story's believability.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: July 26, 2012, 10:01:50 pm »

Mr frog, that's fine. I don't mind being asked questions to tighten up the story. I just wish you would help me come up with a few of the explanations.

As for the dubious circumstances, i think that some bored uncaring secretary wouldn't notice pressing the wrong keys on a numberpad when setting up the mission file stuff. Typos happen all the time in business circumstances, and in fact, the most likely one to make them is the one who is so positive they did it right they don't double check (i'm sure you've met this person once or twice, i know i have).

You also did say you were considering having him be... Wilder in his past (wilder being a relative term) and with the fact the contraceptives hadn't been invented on this plain yet... Well, is it so unbelievable that he would use a convienent female for entertainment, then discard her without a thought?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: July 26, 2012, 10:41:34 pm »

If I'd come up with some way for it to work and not be both contrived and potentially-character-breaking, I'd have posted it; I was hoping that you'd come up with something. If you don't have any ideas either, then I'm going to have to nix it, simply because it doesn't look like it's ever going to be to my liking.

I don't think he'd have done the deed at all if contraceptives weren't an option. He does care about the consequences of his actions on others; he's simply willing to put them aside if the need was great enough, and I don't think he'd judge saddling someone with an unwanted child in a society that would quite possibly make her a victim because of it would be worth a single night of fun. I also think he'd have settled down a bit by the time he was with Ballpoint.

I'd rather just drop this, because it isn't going anywhere and it doesn't look like that'll change anytime soon. And because puzzling out my character's possible sexual history is deeply-disquieting on several levels (there, I said it).
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: July 26, 2012, 10:45:43 pm »

And because puzzling out my character's possible sexual history is deeply-disquieting on several levels (there, I said it).

And it is so siggable. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: July 26, 2012, 10:51:30 pm »

IT. IS. DECIDED!
Resembalence is incidental.
Time to plot!
Wonder who will piss her off first...?
Maybe Zap Branidorf will.
Scratch that, definitely. He will definitely piss her off. Her reaction will become apparent when i find out if she is armed yet.
Anyone else think Braig is a flirt like his (for lack of a better term) base?

I may have his name wrong from thinking of him as Zap for so long.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: July 26, 2012, 11:23:50 pm »

I do think it'd be a good idea to leave the question of whether they're related more-or-less open in case I have any ideas.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: July 26, 2012, 11:55:16 pm »

It is NOT decided!

I suppose i'll leave it up to you, then, Mr Frog. At this point i'm just honored you're still pondering what i'm pondering. Should you decide to include her in the plot (should anyone include her in anything) it will only make me happy.

... If you guys make the mugrifle available in this version of Spearbreakers, she'll take hers and make it a Mug Shard Shotgun. It'll be like shredder rounds made of mugs.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: July 27, 2012, 12:04:22 am »

I don't think the mugrifle will make it into this version, as that would require after-the-fact modding, and from what I gather, after-the-fact is much more time consuming and prone to error than normal modding.

And it is entirely possible Rose could have a cameo in pretty much any story, but anything more than a cameo would have to arise from converging plotlines in a way that makes awesome +1 Mug logic. So, plan out your story independant of anyone else's and perhaps it will become apparent at some point that someone else's and your story would go really great if they got all mixed up. That's what happened with Urist and Vanya at least. :) It's much harder to plan a story to connect with another story from the beginning, and it ends up seeming contrived. I'm looking forward to a Rose update though, I'd like to see what you do with your character. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: July 27, 2012, 12:12:08 am »

Rose begins beating Xahnel's Muse with a PVC pipe hammer!
Xahnel's Muse cowers, and begins thinking of a plot!
... She's very... Efficient... >.>;

EDIT: Hammer based efficiency already paying off, thought of two plot points.both require me being informed before an overseer update, though. One regards martial trance, the other death and redorf. Like i said, the shadow is only her specific craziness
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:27:01 am by Xahnel »

llasram

• Bay Watcher
  • raising the dead since 1103
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: July 27, 2012, 12:34:12 am »

inorder to take away from the convoluted mess, I'm going to try to write a journel for my dorf. dont expect much though.
Friendship is magic
Necromancy is magic
∴Necromancy is Friendship.
Don't worry -- it still makes no sense whatsoever.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: July 27, 2012, 03:04:05 am »

25th Hematite, 207.

Seems I was off on the migrants. Several unfamiliar dwarves shuffeled into the messhall earlier today while I was figuring out the levers (Mitch said he left notes on them. The fucking notes are wrapped around the levers with some combination of old food, booze, blood and vomit.) I went through them, and met two bruly dwarfs, a former trader and a dyer. Their names were appropriatly Thumper and Crusher. As I figure I need to lose some wieght, I figure there is no better way that to finally grab a hammer and start training.The two dwarves will be my bodyguards. And as I plan on training the old fashioned way, it may take some time before I'm skilled enough to join the real soldiers on the battle lines.

Our population currently sits at 103.

[Fucking ravens are murder on FPS. Plus some idiot left thier old coat and shit in the garbage closet so everyone's complaining about the stink. Oh, and I'll come clean now, I used DFhack's Fixmigrant tweak to fix several bugged migrant-traders.]

27th Hematite, 207

I've begun minor renovation projects around the fortress, and in some of the fortifications I've begun thickening the walls and two towers were slightly enlarged.

28th hematite, 207.

I and my guards are running solo drills almost constantly in my quarters And I have moved second squad out to the newest barracks.
 I've also decided to give my honorguards thier own slightly larger accomodations from the rank and file. I've also ordered a steel sarcophogus made fo Fisher, as we found a magnetite cluster for her tomb.

2nd Malachite, 207.

I am concerned for our youths....

Oh well. A war trophy is a war trophy. Better than some ratty old worn out pig tail fiber thing anyway.

24th Malachite, 207.

So little happened this month it wasn't even funny. A continuing flood of masterwork items, but I noticed something.

The blood plain.... it seems to finally drying up and crumbling into the soil! I.... I don't know what to make of that. I've also begun constrction of the mill. It'll be wind powered, since we lack a proper river.

27th Malachite, 207.

Seems I spoke too soon. Three days later and that horrid blood rain picked up again.

I wouldn't care so much if it didn't reek like a badly cooked bit of meat.

28th Malachite, 207.

The FROGs on the walls are done. Nothing else of not happened really. Although I noticed many of our old pitchblende stones were used to make cabinets and mugs. I'm somewhat annoyed, but I and my guards have our hammers, so all is well. I've had uniforms commissioned for the three of us as well, made from iron with wooden shields in honor of my Namesake's mighty human armies.

5th Galeena, 207.

Took the better part of summer, but the walls and towers are almost finished. Nothing more to report on.

8th Galena, 207.

Mill's finished. Having a mess of idle workers is actually proving beneficial.

12th Galena, 207.

Seems our elevation has attracted the human merchant-nobility! A guild representative was seen among the caravan coming in! I have 1st Squad on high alert, as the enemy enjoys attacking around caravan season. Also, it seems that snatcher may have been alone in thier effort at the earlier part of Summer.

Things seem to finally be looking up.... No necromancers, only a spring goblin ambush.... Perhaps we can finally get that army built following my reign?

[Sorry for so few pics. just nothing happend really worth noting.]

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: July 27, 2012, 03:13:59 am »

The blood plain DRIED UP? Its a sign that the worst is over for now.

Armok is pleased. Make madness & gore.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: July 27, 2012, 03:26:42 am »

Told you your turn would be a breeze ;-)
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: July 27, 2012, 07:41:12 am »

Yay update! And Xahnel, best travel entry ever (said I'd read it, didn't I?). Bravo. :) Still haven't read Mr Frog's, though. And Splint's update moved fast through the months this time. o.O

EDIT: Oh, and second post is updated.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:43:43 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 815