Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178634 times)

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3675 on: July 30, 2012, 03:14:29 am »

Alright, alright... I just thought it would be funny as hell to write that. It would totally happen if this was a script for a tv show. You see bad guys kidnapping children, and one of those kids is able to get a few amusing hits off before being subdued. And then the boss would dock the pay of the guys who got hit cause they let a kid beat em up. Don't tell me it wouldn't have you laughing.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: July 30, 2012, 03:19:14 am »

Most TV shows don't have a certain angry amphibian-avatar'd asshole breathing down the necks of the writing crew ;D
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: July 30, 2012, 03:26:21 am »

We just happen to be so fortunate.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: July 30, 2012, 03:29:23 am »

True, but the point of writing fiction like this is it allows you to get away with a few things that couldn't happen in real life.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: July 30, 2012, 03:37:14 am »

Yes, because that's totally the same thing.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: July 30, 2012, 03:42:01 am »

Come on, admit it, i kinda got you on that point. Plenty of unbelievable things have happened here. Whats one humorous humilation for four guys who are part of a group kidnapping children for experimentation?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: July 30, 2012, 03:45:04 am »

We at least have ways to legitamate bullshit. Alot of what happened required advanced technology or divine intervention. These are more than likely Ballpoint Contractors or at least well built scieitists/assitants doing the kidnapping.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: July 30, 2012, 03:49:48 am »

Alright, fine. I give. You win. I doubt i'll want to write the kidnapping and experimentation part, though...
EDIT: Bedtime, it's 5 am here. Night guys.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:58:22 am by Xahnel »

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: July 30, 2012, 04:37:58 am »

Up until recently, Mr Frog pretty much cared only about the science. He's not really an evil man per se, but he only recently began examining the ethical implications of his experiments, and he wasn't sure he liked what he saw.

So, to answer your question: Yes, then!Mr Frog probably would have snatched a hundred babies For Science!! without a second thought, even though now!Mr Frog probably wouldn't.

I doubt Frog would actually remember what any of his subjects looked like (he's likely gone through hundreds throughout his various experiments), but the presence of a neoshadow so far outside its normal habitat combined with the fact that Rose would be in the right age group for having been a test subject would certainly trigger suspicions.

E: I'm not sure how well neoshadows dissipating in complete darkness would work, actually... my original concept had neos phasing through their host's bodies in order to leech energy, but that wouldn't work too well if they dissipated in complete darkness, because (shocker!) the inside of an opaque object -- such as a human body -- is completely-dark. Do you think maybe their dissolves-in-darkness trait could be dropped? It doesn't seem super-critical...

E2: I don't care how awesome you think she is, a 6-year-old is not going to overpower multiple adults.

wouldn't dissolves in darkness imply that they have no substance in total darkness, thus enabling them to phase through solid, opaque objects but not transparent stuff, ie glass as there is always some residual lumosity coming from something?
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: July 30, 2012, 08:47:26 am »

Whoa... Let's not start up a flamewar over this.   :-\

Let me distract you with a story post. Three people collaborated on this one (four, if you count Mr Frog's contributions), and no, the sexual themes aren't likely to show back up after this... Hopefully it's nothing that'll attract the attention of the ban hammerer.

More of V's Story: Enemy Territory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:56:55 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: July 30, 2012, 09:05:57 am »

Great work as always Talvieno.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: July 30, 2012, 09:13:05 am »

Second Post | Other Quotes

Well guys, it happened. We knew it would eventually.
Quote from: Armok
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (40000 characters).
Thus, fic from Post #2 is being transferred here with a link to it, as per Mr Frog's suggestion.

Stories
This section is comprised of out-of-turn journal entries and Spearbreakers-related stories. Nominations gain a post the «» decoration.
If you would like me to rename your story/entry/poem title here, please contact me!

Year 201 (Talvieno's reign):
    Splint: Journal Entry 1Journal Entry 2 | Journal Entry 3
    The Master: Log Entry
    Mr Frog: Story
    Mitchewawa: Journal Snippet
    Ashsaber: Journal Entry
    Sus: Journal Entry

Year 202 (Mr Frog's reign):
    Splint: Journal Entry 1 | Journal Entry 2 | Journal Entry 3
    Mr Frog: «Transmission 1» | Transmission 2 | Transmission 3 | Imagining of Bombzero's Journal
    Mitchewawa: Journal Entry 1 | «Journal Entry 2»
    Talvieno: Journal Entry 1 | Journal Entry 2 | Journal Entry 3
    HARD: Journal Entry

Year 203 (Draignean's reign):
    The Master: Log Entry 1 | Log Entry 2 | Log Entry 3
    Mr Frog: Journal Entry 1 | Journal Entry 2 | Journal Entry 3 | Journal Entry 4 | Journal Entry 5 | Journal Entry 6
    Talvieno: Journal Entry 1 | «Journal Entry 2» | Journal Entry 3
    Bombzero: Journal Entry
    Terrahex: Diary Entry 1 | Diary Entry 2 | «Diary Entry 3» | Diary Entry 4 | «Diary Entry 5»
    SolPyre: In SolPyre's Chamber

Year 204 (Sus's reign):
    Terrahex: Story
    Mr Frog: Journal Entry 1
    Corai: Story
    Sus: Interlude
    Aseaheru: Story
    Talvieno: !!SPAWN SCIENCE!!

Year 205 (Mitchewawa's reign):
    Splint: Journal Entry 1 | Story | Journal Entry 2 | A History | Journal Entry 3 | On Barbarians
    Talvieno: Journal Entry | Limerick | V's Journal: Eavesdropping | V's Journal: The Cavy Tunnel | V's Journal: Burglary Mission | V's Journal: A Golden Bracelet | V's Journal: Dark Conversations
    HorridOwn4ge: Kramar's Journal | Entry 1
    Terrahex: Diary Excerpt 1 | Diary Excerpt 2
    OverlordTNT: Limerick | Journal Entry as Sankis
    Stormtemplar: Haikus
    Niccolo: Poetry
    Hanslanda: «Urist and the Spawn Orgy» | Urist and the Semi-Competent Hospital | Urist and the Vampire Coming-Out Party | Urist and the Worst Assignment Ever | «Urist and the Suicide Junkie» | Urist and the Zombies | Urist and the Welcome Party | Urist and the Suspiciously-Innocuous Suggestion | Urist and the Kool-Aid | Urist and the Unidentified Important Person | Why One Must Not Drink The Kool-Aid | Urist and the Grumpy Kool-Aid Peddler | Urist Jones and the Hideaway of Doom | «Urist and the Crazy Hypnotist» | Urist and the Epilogue
    Mr Frog: It Was Mitch's Fault (origin theory)
    Sus: Journal of Sus III
    Mitchewawa: All Spawn Want are Hugs (Origin Story)
    Bukitodinos: Travel Log 1 | Travel Log 2 | Travel Log 3

Due to the cross-continuum of everything and how everything meshes with everything else and nothing makes sense anymore... The chronology of this particular year's story posts isn't well-defined. Some belong in both Paintbrushturkey's and Mitch's rule, but enh. Everything after July 1st goes here, and everything after Mitch's turn not explicitly belonging to his turn goes here. Sorry for the confusion, but when in Spearbreakers, do as the Spearbreakans do: throw logic out the window. (It's the only way to survive.)
Year 206 (Paintbrushturkey's reign (originally Stormtemplar's)):
    Splint: Recon Report | Distress Call | Dimensionhopping Fun | A Joyful Skip to a Lunatic's Backyard | «Total Badassery II: Revenge of the Contractors» | Ballpoint Contractors: Back to the HQ | Spearbreakers: A Day of Celebration
    Mr Frog: Journal entry | Journal Entry 2 | Attack of the Perky Receptionist | Haiku | Perky Receptionist: The Awakening | Perky Receptionist: A Very Special Delivery | Clone!Mr Frog's Journal
    Mitchewawa: Limericks
    Talvieno: Let me tell you a tale (poetry) | «V's Journal: The Magic Brick» | «V's Journal: The Frog Battle» | «V's Journal: The Return of Cavywoman» | V's Journal: From Victory to Defeat | V's Journal: The Strawberry Wine | V's Journal: The Memory | V's Journal: The Rescue
    Hanslanda: Hans and the Intentional Accidental Trap | Hans and the Almost-Apocalyptic Aftermath | Hans and the Curiosity-Inflicted Fingercut | Urist's Discomforting Report | Urist and the Fugitive

Year 207 (Splint's 2nd reign):
    Hanslanda: «Urist and the Failed Escape» | Hans and the Fight Scene | Urist & Hans: Hated Heroes | Urist & Hans: Debriefing | Nomen Erat Iohannes | Iohanne Est Valde Periculosus | Iohanne Fergit Furor | Urist & Hans: Dwarven Discord
    Bukitodinos: Bukit's Arrival | Poetry: For Spearbreakers
    Talvieno: Continuity Explanation | Splint's Romance Ministory | V's Journal: The Confrontation | V's Journal: A Deal with the Devil | Origin Theory | Sus's Sacrifice | V's Journal: Employment | V's Journal: Dwarf College | V's Journal: Enemy Territory | S.L.I.T. (science laws) | V's Journal: Jealousy | Refined Origin Theory | V's Journal: Despair | Talvi's Journal | Seqivet Ambush | V's Journal: The Nightmare | V's Journal: Escape (1 of 2) |
    Mr Frog: Perky Receptionist Gets a Surprise | Clone!Mr Frog's Journal | The Secret Life of Perky Receptionist | OOC: Canon Explanation | Perky Receptionist: Recriminations
    Draconik_Sankis: Draconik's Personal Log | Draconik and the Prologue | Draconik's Introduction  | Draconik's Experiment | Draconik's Discovery | Draconik's Logs: The Plot Thickens | Draconik's Logs: The Betrayal
    Xahnel: Rose's Journal: Desert Wanderer | Rose's Journal: Bored to Death | Rose's Journal: Unexpected Romance
    Soulslicerjames: Exile
    Llasram: Dwarven Ramblings
    Splint: Splint's Namesake | Sewaturet Analysis | From Shockedtowns to Ballpoint | Ballpoint's Revenge
    Sus: Sus III's Journal: Something Amiss | Sus III vs Ballpoint

Year 208 (Reudh's reign):
    Talvieno: V's Journal: The Cave (2 of 2) | A Wanderer's Tale | V's Journal: Gorlaks (1/3) | V's Journal: Serrated Disc Launchers (2/3) | V's Journal: The Tower (3/3) | V's Journal: The Revelation | V's Journal: The Search | V's Journal: Wari | On Manamaids | V's Journals: The Final Entry | "Spearbreakers The Movie" Trailer Idea | V's Story: Prelude | V's Story: The Continuation | V's Journal: Salaia | V's Journal: An Invasion | V's Journals: The Caverns | Talvi's Journal | On Scythods | V's Journals: Scythods
    Xahnel: From Rose's Life
    Splint: The Attack Commences | Battle of the Smooth Points | Splint's Journal: Sanity Slippage | Fischer's Schedule | Dauros's Journal | Fischer's Monsters | Splint's Journal | Splint, Reudh and Rose | More Timewar | Timewar Report | The Reinforcements | Megaspawn Battle | A Day of Mourning | Splint: A Celestial Event | Splint's Journal: Damn Mercs
    SoulSlicerJames: SSJ's Journal: I Hate Journals | SSJ's Journal: Reudh's Deathwish | SSJ's Journal #6 | Last Will and Testament
    AussieEvil: On Erotica and Pipes | AussieEvil: Delicious Blood | Lab Journal | Bloody Paranoia
    Draconik_Sankis: Draconik's Plan | Draconik's Creation | Draconik's Log: Spearbreakers Screening | Draconik's Log: Down the Rabbit Hole | Post-combat Log | Post-siege notes
    Tomio175: Tomio's Journal: Journey Preparations | Tomio's Journal: On Spawn Hierarchies | Tomio's Journal: At Spearbreakers | Tomio's Journal: An Elven Whore | Tomio's Video Log | From a Dusty Tome
    Jack Magnus: On Weapon Naming | On Pulling Pranks
    Hanslanda: Hans & Urist: Not Dead Yet | Urist & Hans: Bloodsnow
    Mr Frog: "Spearbreakers The Movie" Trailer idea | Mr Frog's Journal
    Xahnel and Talvieno: Rose VS Ballpoint

Year 209 (Tomio175's reign):
    Reudh: Reudh's Journal: Retirement | Reudh's Quest | Reudh's Quest, pt 2 | Reudh's Quest, pt 3 | Reudh's Quest, pt 4 | Reudh's Quest, pt 5 | Reudh's Quest, pt 6 | Reudh's Journal: Tedaz's Story
    Lolfail0009: Part One: The Dreamer Awakens |Part Two: Secrets and Sergeants | Part Three: Conversing with Kyh | Part Four: War Council
    Draconik_Sankis: Draconik's Video Log | Voice Memo | Draconik's Log: You Are Not a Fish | Draconik's Log: Frost's Report | Drac's Logs: Eye of the Storm
    Talvieno: V's Journal: Repressed Rage | V's Journal: Old Stories | V's Journals: Parting Ways | From Talvi's Journal | Why Spawn Hate Spearbreakers | V's Journals: Blood Plains | V's Journals: Unexpected Meeting | V's Journals: Infiltration | V's Journals: Parasol Camp | V's Journals: A Plan | V's Journals: An Evening Meal | V's Journals: Urist | V's Journals: Biomech | V's Journals: Magic | Treatise on Prayer Magic | V's Journals: Battle Begins | V's Journals: Darkness Descends | V's Journals: Desperation | V's Journals: Stench of Victory | V's Journals: Parasol | V's Journals: Shuttlecar Ride | V's Journals: A Disaster | V's Journals: Kenzon | V's Journals: An Ignored Heroine
    Splint: The Necromancer | "The Abortion" | Human Siege | On Timewar Vehicles | Castor vs Zombie Obok | Sewaturet Counterattack | Ballpoint Assault
    Terrahex: Diary: Necromancer Tome | Diary: Talvi's Cell | Diary: Black Magic | Rules of Black Magic | Diary: Fischer | Diary: Into the Caverns | Diary: Ugeth | Diary: Trying to Escape | Diary: The Hospital | Diary: Dwarven Mage
    Tomio: Journal, pt X | Journal: Leaving for Real | Journal: An Enemy Camp | Journal: Abomination | Spawn can Write | Catten's Journal: Death is Bread | Catten's Journal: Reinstatement
    Hanslanda: Urist & Hans: Mountainhome
    Aseaheru: The Wall of All
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 01:34:05 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: July 30, 2012, 10:43:25 am »

Excellent story post, talvieno. I've been wondering, have you just given up writing for dorf!Talvi? It's been a while since i've seen a journal entry for her.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: July 30, 2012, 10:44:49 am »

She seems to have her viewpoints given on other things in the stories that have been written. Either that or he just hasn't thought to. Besides, Talvi's speech patterns must be annoying to replicate.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: July 30, 2012, 10:50:06 am »

Naw, why write that way unless you enjoyed doing so?
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 815