Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178220 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3825 on: August 02, 2012, 08:30:02 pm »

AWESOME UPDATE IS AWESOME!

also, in reference to portals, whatabout a device that simply enlarges existing wormholes? although that its self is affected by gravity. i.e., a cumbersome but relativity simple idea. also requiring spaceships.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: August 02, 2012, 08:45:37 pm »

@Mr Frog: www.mocospace.com, freind xahnel.
Alternatively, there are websites that will do free sms messaging, and even provide a phone number.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: August 02, 2012, 10:16:57 pm »

@ Mr Frog - Telekenesis limitation is sensible but fails to take into account that it's been shown that they can and will use thier magic in an offensive manner if needed. And they can teleport, however I'll leave that as posing them same risks as using gates (Think warp spiders. Weaker ones or particularly unskilled ones run the risk of never reaching thier destination.) They have been implied as being the least physically imposing/capable as well.

Pegasi I'd prefer to view as having a type of magic to even permit thier flight they have no control over, and for our purposes traded weather control for durability.

Overall and literal magic involved can be totally possible, since Necromancy is itself magic. It's just science outpaced magic and therefore mages not of necromantic groups or of species out side the Equus species as sort of like those lone practitoners, being few and far between. But god help you if you have to fight those nonpony/necromancer mages, as they can and will slap the shit of small armies.

ALso: I took a nap, that's why it seems you're the only on online. And question not my ability to make a logical reason for something or a handwave thereof; I have two setting that run off pure unadulterated bullshit, which require them quite frequently. For example,in place of OG!Frog, Talvieno can make use of a kill team sent after Vanya, disguised as Spearbreakers infantry. The common dorf sees someone running from soldiers, they'll assume it's just some criminal.

This is also known as: Splint, Legendary +5 Master of !!BULLSHIT!!. And now I shall proceed to beg for my life and ask that if you're gonna kill me, aim for the head and make it quick.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: August 02, 2012, 10:30:18 pm »

As far as magic goes, my dwarf seems eager to learn the trick of killing the spawn.  The spawn retreating though?  More and more evidence of my analysis being right.  Perhaps someone found some way to control the spawn and hijacked their introduction to Everoc?  I don't know, but I cannot think of any explanation that DOESN'T lead to scarier hypothesizes.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: August 02, 2012, 10:34:19 pm »

honestly I was shocked to see them retreat (or try to anyway.) That's not behavior I've ever seen anything but thier scouts show. Also I realized why my fist is coming along so well. We have alot of furnace operators, and that's under metalworking allowing them to take part in consctutions needing metal.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: August 02, 2012, 10:35:30 pm »

I thought [CRAZED] or [LIKES_FIGHTING] kept them from fleeing? Or [NO_FEAR]
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: August 02, 2012, 10:40:41 pm »

That's why I was freaked out a little it; three of them actually turned tail and tried to flee the field. They didn't get far. Paintbrush and James ran them down.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: August 02, 2012, 10:53:58 pm »

That's why I was freaked out a little it; three of them actually turned tail and tried to flee the field. They didn't get far. Paintbrush and James ran them down.

The Spawn ran away from our dwarves. What unholy circle of hell have we descended to? What have we become?!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: August 02, 2012, 10:54:47 pm »

The Spawn ran away from our dwarves. What unholy circle of hell have we descended to? What have we become?!

We ARE the spawn. The spawn are actually the dwarves of Spearbreakers trying to reclaim their homes.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: August 02, 2012, 10:56:05 pm »

We ARE the spawn. The spawn are actually the dwarves of Spearbreakers trying to reclaim their homes.

He who fights monsters becomes one themself..... Mother of god.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: August 02, 2012, 10:59:32 pm »

Now all I need is a full set of spawn-bone armor.  That ought to strike fear into the hearts of my enemies.  I wanted it noted however, that the quote of how Spearbreakers actively defying attempts to enforce order was wrong in the scope of the problem.  IT IS ACTIVELY CREATING EVIDENCE FOR MY THEORIES OF JUST HOW THINGS WILL GET WORSE!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: August 02, 2012, 11:02:09 pm »

We're becoming a whole different brand of monsters here ladies and gentlmen. We're making the very abominations we feared fear us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: August 02, 2012, 11:03:04 pm »

Spearbreakers: Where the only logical explanation is that we are the ravening, world-ending plague of monstrosities.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: August 02, 2012, 11:04:25 pm »

Okiedokie, so I guess I have to add NO_FEAR if I haven't before?
It's like I die a little inside whenever an update is posted. The Spawn are failing spectacularly-hard ;_;

@Splint:

I was more trying to address the fact that the 'corns don't really fit at all well with our more sci-fi-flavoured setting. It's not really the fact that they have magic so much as their magic doesn't really seem to have any real rules behind it, which is antithetical to the basis of the setting.

I considered that explanation for the pegasi, but the thought of them basically getting a permanent physics-breaking levitation/antigravity effect at no cost razzes me. I don't mind magic and other physics-breaky stuff, but not when it blatantly results in the subject getting something for nothing.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: August 02, 2012, 11:09:51 pm »

It isn't that they're failing super hard, its just that we are so much more awesomely horrifying than them.

Indeed. Magic must have rules, otherwise its just, 'Yeah, you wave your hand and then plot happens because I said so.' Which isn't as much fun. When the magic takes effort and skill, then it is acceptable, because that wizard may be super fucking badass and world ending, but it's because he spent some seventy goddamn years perfecting his skills.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 815