Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2195635 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #3885 on: August 03, 2012, 01:52:53 am »

Okiedokie then. I'm way tired right now, so I probably won't be very useful until tomorrow.

@Splint:

Of course Mr Frog has a pet turkey. Turkeys are d'awww.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: August 03, 2012, 02:14:15 am »

Lol, me either, though this is the best time for me to write. For some reason, my creativity flows between three and five am.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: August 03, 2012, 02:15:59 am »

I sent you a (useless, intended only as a test) message on that mocospace thingy; did you get it? That site terrifies and bewilders me and I don't know why ;_;
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: August 03, 2012, 02:27:45 am »

Yep, you got it. And, yes, Moco is scary. Avoid the chat areas at all costs. You will NOT like it there.

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: August 03, 2012, 02:28:49 am »

The Plot Thickens
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Priority One Message to Lab Six, Classification Urgent, Encryption: None.

Afterwords:
*Request: Please Change Draconik Jobs to inculde Mechanic and Weapon/Armor/Blacksmithing [whichever is currently needed], Thank you*

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: August 03, 2012, 03:13:54 am »

Going to bed now. 4:14 am is too early for me. Gotta fix bedtime...

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: August 03, 2012, 04:06:48 am »

Well splint had you said that earlier, i'd have trained them differently.... last i heard pikes were "most" effective, also if you just give them adamantine bones and tendons blunt weapons will become useless, no more the silver warhammer shatters the rib and jams it through the heart, and significantly less the adamantine battleaxe strikes and the severed bodypart flies of in an arc...
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: August 03, 2012, 06:37:29 am »

I would like to make clear, after thinking over the fact, that there definitely should be such a thing as spawn-bone armor.  It should probably take 2-3 full spawn skeletons to make a complete set, but I say it should be done, if only for rule of cool.

Thoughts on this idea?
I like it. :D But I don't think you can work that in without genning a new world, so it might have to wait for Spearbreakers II. Spawnbone armor and chainscythes would make for a wicked-sweet combination.

At one point, I was actually hoping I could perfect my bonewall mod before Spearbreakers II, that way we could have walls made of bones. If we've decided that dwarfkind is defeating the Spawn because they themselves are becoming evil... why not, really? makes sense. (Though, if we do that, we have to get rid of farming. :-\ food is too easy to obtain when you can butcher sentients. For this reason I'm somewhat against my own idea.)

Combine them as a special squad outfit with the spawnbone scythe. Call them the Spawn Squad. And watch out for the darkness that will encroach on their hearts and minds.
Xahnel got to it before I did... And the darkness doesn't encroach upon their hearts, it emanates from them.

@Splint: In my opinion, it isn't the axes. It's the danger room. Now we're overpowered.
Also: I AM DISMANTLING THE DANGER ROOM. We don't need it anymore as the emergency has passed.
*cheers loudly* Ale for everybody, on me! :beer:

I think the best way to amp up the Spawn's power would be to give them built-in attack stats. Already adept at combat, basically. The minotaur has it, why not Spawn? They're outmatched as it is.

EDIT: Evidently Dorf!Frog worships something named Aquos Thinagido and has a pet turkey.
It's a test subject, not a pet. It's just survived longer than he expected, that's all.

And finally, at PBT: Pikesdwarves ARE most effective - just not against zombies. Pikesdwarves are actually also less able to avoid getting infected. I did !!SPAWNSCIENCE!! at one point... can't remember where, I'll edit this post with the link.
EDIT: Here it is. !!SPAWNSCIENCE!!

And while I'm thinking about it... I'm of the opinion that the Spawn will still be the downfall of the fortress. After all, it will only take one unnoticed, infected dwarf to spread the virus, and if that happens in the dining room, past all the defenses and away from the barracks - or really, anywhere with dwarves - it'll be almost unstoppable. The domino effect will be like a tantrum spiral... and there'll probably be a tantrum spiral to go along with it.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:43:23 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: August 03, 2012, 07:31:49 am »

triple....
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:40:54 am by Paintbrushturkey »
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: August 03, 2012, 07:38:30 am »

simply amping up the spawn stats should make work even in a genned world, or maybe just double the size of the buggers and/or let them use equipment.... (which i'm more than happy to mod in if you tell me where you have hidden the file (just for the record)... just making them get skill will not work... even legendary wrestler will go down... it's the dwarves ability to wear armor, or in the case of spawn the lack of a breastplate that tends to kill them...

Evidently Dorf!Frog worships something named Aquos Thinagido and has a pet turkey.

yeah that would be me.... i'm actually a demi god... hadn't you noticed?

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: August 03, 2012, 07:40:32 am »

wtf double tap...

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: August 03, 2012, 07:42:17 am »

simply amping up the spawn stats should make work even in a genned world, or maybe just double the size of the buggers and/or let them use equipment.... (which i'm more than happy to mod in if you tell me where you have hidden the file (just for the record)... just making them get skill will not work... even legendary wrestler will go down... it's the dwarves ability to wear armor, or in the case of spawn the lack of a breastplate that tends to kill them...
If Parasol did something wrong with their experiment, and the Spawn are learning to adapt, then yeah... I can see them figuring out how to wear armor. I'm not sure about them being able to make it, though... and I think that's what's required to have them wear it. That takes a new worldgen, if I remember right.
Something we don't want is for them to wield weapons. They're plenty good without weapons, and they won't bite as much if they're holding a weapon anyway.

Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: August 03, 2012, 07:44:49 am »

only existing spawn will be naked, new ones will be able to wear wrmor... afaik, just checking but they don't have an intelligent tag which si why they don't wear armor asaik? is that correct?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:51:56 am by Paintbrushturkey »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: August 03, 2012, 07:47:29 am »

Armor is a no-no. They're supposed to be a sort of ravenous demonic horde right? I would imagine some adaptations, such as learning to run when they're losing, can be seen more as thier improving thier battle tactics, not what they have to to fight with. If it were possible I'd make them attack in waves pretty frequently.

Maybe have feralspawn living in the caverns to simulate them being everywhere.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: August 03, 2012, 07:57:42 am »

yes but when they wear armor when they transfor they shoudl nto take it off is my point, making transformed military dwarves vastly more dangerous, if you have done things right they don't have the smelt ore or other reactions enabled so... seeing as they have no entity file that i can find enabling them to make armor, they won't make any of their own and just wear what they transformed in...

try dumping these tags into the entity_spawn.txt file

if you want to be really mean reduce the heart size to 10 or so....

just checked and that shoudl fix that issue.... the moment they even get basic clothing it's a whole diffeent story.... although axe decaps still kill them.... sorry but axes are better than pikes... not buying the pikes are op thing ;-)

also for SB 2 i'd suggest

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 08:13:01 am by Paintbrushturkey »
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 815