Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2190002 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4035 on: August 04, 2012, 09:21:42 pm »

owch.

i wonder what our turned dwarves are thinking?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: August 04, 2012, 09:29:21 pm »

A dwarf who becomes a HS2 doesn't die. Therefore, their souls don't leave their bodies, until true death.
I like this idea a lot better than mine.

edit: Especially the part where they're awake and forced to watch every second of it.
That means they actually feel themselves being stretched and ripped to pieces as they transform. It's like getting put on a torture machine that does the whole job in a matter of seconds... I can't imagine how painful that'd be.

o.O Might it actually be a mercy to end the lives of Ashsaber and Softa?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:37:51 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: August 04, 2012, 09:37:29 pm »

Darkness fills my mind. -winks- it's just zombie logic. The undead died. The infected are alive. Thus, the soul's situation is verified.
A mercy killing? We don't euthanize. What we should do is make life better for them. Build them good rooms.

Could we build a danger room for them? Set up up so in the event of a zombie apocalypse, and we fall, we can release them to avenge us.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:51:17 pm by Xahnel »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: August 04, 2012, 09:55:37 pm »

If I remember right, Spawn don't have [INTELLIGENT] or [CAN_LEARN] (I hope, anyway), which means they can't gain skills. This would make a danger room useless. However... If we go back to my SPAWN SCIENCE post... I think that if we danger room'd our soldiers and then intentionally turned them into Spawn... that would make a good spawn force. The total output would be very small, though: Lots of regular spawn for one Uberspawn in full armor.

then again, I'd consider that "dwarfy".

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: August 04, 2012, 10:06:02 pm »

And horrible. So, super dwarfy. Like the air drowned mer babies.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: August 05, 2012, 01:23:59 am »

Whoa.

Holy Fan Fic of Awesome, Batman! :o Just read through the whole batch of it since I went AWOL for a couple of weeks... Talk about archive panic. -_-
Hans, Mr Frog and Talvieno have been pouring out some seriously excellent fanfic there. Plus, the Spearbreakers universe has turned into the central battlefield of a time war now? Little wonder there are blood-covered wastelands everywhere.

Also, if this:
That's why I was freaked out a little it; three of them actually turned tail and tried to flee the field. They didn't get far. Paintbrush and James ran them down.

The Spawn ran away from our dwarves. What unholy circle of hell have we descended to? What have we become?!
isn't in the quotes section already, it really needs to be there. Spearbreakers is so inconceivably badass that even world-ending abominations run in terror.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: August 05, 2012, 01:28:12 am »

I am adamant that we are actually the spawn, who took over Spearbreakers and that the "spawn" are actually dwarves. It is the only sensible explanation.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: August 05, 2012, 01:38:07 am »

Whoa.

Holy Fan Fic of Awesome, Batman! :o Just read through the whole batch of it since I went AWOL for a couple of weeks... Talk about archive panic. -_-
Hans, Mr Frog and Talvieno have been pouring out some seriously excellent fanfic there. Plus, the Spearbreakers universe has turned into the central battlefield of a time war now? Little wonder there are blood-covered wastelands everywhere.

Also, if this:
That's why I was freaked out a little it; three of them actually turned tail and tried to flee the field. They didn't get far. Paintbrush and James ran them down.

The Spawn ran away from our dwarves. What unholy circle of hell have we descended to? What have we become?!
isn't in the quotes section already, it really needs to be there. Spearbreakers is so inconceivably badass that even world-ending abominations run in terror.

Sus! :) Indeed, there was a sudden mass of fanfics within the last month or so.
I'ma skip the compliment. :P But thanks.
And I was waiting for a nomination.  8) I was shamelessly trying for one. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: August 05, 2012, 02:19:32 am »

I think of quotable line constantly. Usually just AFTER I post. By then, it's too late, and as punishment for thinking too slow, i force myself to let it go.

Also, if splint can give me until Monday, i can catch up Rose's journal. I'm not with my computer til tomorrow night.

WARNING: OFF TOPIC
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 02:23:03 am by Xahnel »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: August 05, 2012, 07:28:14 am »

Holy Fan Fic of Awesome, Batman! :o
I like this... This sums up most of what Spearbreakers is about pretty well. Or possibly "Holy clusterfucked fanfic of awesome, batman" or "Holy fanfic of clusterfucked awesome, batman"... Those would work, too.

Either way, quotes section, anyone? I'd like to see that on the front page... (Also, Sus, put up your nomination. Hans has another quote.)

Also, sorry about the Archive Panic thing. :-\ lol    I imagine that's scared off a lot of potential readers. I need to condense everything that's important into a *.docx when I get the time - it would make reading easier.

edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 08:03:20 am by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: August 05, 2012, 10:21:54 am »

25th Galena, 207.

Seems a few of Stausic's masterpieces were lost during the cleanup. I thought he'd brush it off, but it seems.... Well...

Stausic Amecshibbi, jewler, has been found dead, head stuffed in a magma smelter. [Yeah I added the head in smelter bit. I don't know how else he could have died.]

No-Hair saw him stuff his head into one of the smelters in the forgeworks. Had a bucket birgade put him out so we won't need to worry too much about his ghost. Also had to cut the party short. [Undesignated the diningroom then redisignated] Needed to get that food inside and with some of us at the party we weren't really helping much with that. I had had to repurpose some of the old quarry on the living level to hold food we bought.

26th Galena, 207.

I've begun my meeting with the human representative. More surface booze and fish are in order.

28th Galena, 207.

Another necromancer failed his manhood test. Suffered a slight case of head trauma from Hans' shield.

6th Limestone, 207.

Crusher started pitching a fit. Evidently someone sold his shoes and pants while he was getting changed for training. He'll probably get a hammering if anyone gets hurt... Oh and another necromancer. This one had the great fun of running into Fischer and Jack Magnus. It didn't end well.

[I forgot to assign the bodyguard detail full uniforms, though Crusher's clothes really did get sold for some reason (probably left unattended too long.) Crusher kept pitching a fit and someone has a nicer room than the baron, so I had to up the value to avoid retarded tantrumming from the ingame dorf.]

10th Limestone, 207.

I had to go with sub-par materials for the fist itself, as we finally began running out of Iron bars. Guess we'll just have to find another magnetite cluster and make more is all. Also had an order put out for shoes, pants, and shirts, if only to help everyone stay clothed and keep the rest of my guards from pitching a fit.

14th Limestone, 207.

Put in a request for leather and cloth, tons of drinks and alot of meat and fish from the humans. Black bronze, iron and a little platinum as well. It'll be expensive, but will all the junk we have laying around we should be more than able to afford it.

16th Limestone, 207. Intermitant entry.

Just getting used to the wieght of this monster of a hammer is challenging. Crusher, Thumper, and even Rose seem to be more accustomed to using these weapons than me. Guess that's what I get for being a desk jockey for the better part of 12 years.

19th Limestone, 207.

Migrants arrived, and I've decided to arrange a welcome party, partly as also to recognize the groups from earlier who made it in as well.

25th Limestone, 207.

I've lain the foundation for a project Talvi thought of, a giant hand clawing up from the bloodplain as a monument to the war against the undead. I am also establishing a surface farm with a small watchtower, to make use of all those surface seeds we have.

I also guess I should include a sketch of a prision being built near the shops and Fischer's tomb. It is currently being smoothed over by a few of the new arrivals and old hands. I've requested some gold doors be made for Fischer's resting place, and copper ones to be installed in the prison.

The fist will have to wait for the time being. Also...

Why the fuck is he down there? I'm sitting up he twiddling my beard waiting to finish our negotiations, and he's down by the wells jerking off or something. Bah. Fuck him, I'm gonna get a drink and some more mugs. I already broke four waiting for him.

[There we are, another short update. I had to take a breather, between the work overload earlier in the week I did and the general nastiness the other day. I'll try and get another one done in the next day or so, if not two.]

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: August 05, 2012, 11:53:19 am »

Lol, poor unexercised splint. Lets buy him some jane fonda tapes. I'll chip in a dorfbuck.
Heck, I'll just have Rose go drill sergeant on him. It would be fitting.
"Get on the ground and gimme twenty pushups, NOW DAMMIT NOT WHEN YOU FINISH WITH YOUR SIPPEE CUP! MOVEMOVEMOVE!!!"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: August 05, 2012, 01:12:03 pm »

More along the lines of doing more paperwork than fighting since the war doing this to him.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: August 05, 2012, 01:16:56 pm »

YAY! UPDATE!

and i see thet my view of necromancers in accepted.  ;D ;) :D :D :D

also, whats xahnel been doing that has gotten somany downloads?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: August 05, 2012, 01:22:30 pm »

Lol, since you asked, it's a mario texture pack for minecraft. Pm tavlieno, he'll link it.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 815