Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178403 times)

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4065 on: August 06, 2012, 12:15:06 pm »

The Automated Fuck You Machine that is our army.

GUILTY
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: August 06, 2012, 12:24:59 pm »

More of a compliment to our soldiers really. We'll just need ALOT more fighing animals and the axelords will need to lead the charge once the guard and civil defense units shoot the clown car's inital assault to bits.

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: August 06, 2012, 12:48:24 pm »

Considering the use of the term "clown car", I'm going to guess that my military dorf will be going down in a blaze of glory. Literally.

And good story update, Talvieno :) Jealousy is a very strong emotion, so I'm not surprised seeing it spring up here. Should be interesting to see Hans' perspective once he posts it later, not to mention the next update after that.

I actually played a bit of DF myself in the past few days... although my skill level hasn't improved much. The new hauling code irritates the hell out of me, I can't imagine what sort of nightmare managing Spearbreakers would be in that regard. At least disabling barrels in my seed stockpiles kills a fair amount of the cancellation spam.

Then I accidentally gave my fey mooded legendary+1 armorsmith the position of baron, who then glitched up so now he's permanently on break, so I kinda cursed and swore and shut it off for a while >.>

Anyway. Don't want to get too off topic :p Glad to see some story updates, can't wait for more.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: August 06, 2012, 01:03:26 pm »

I will be able to post my side of those two updates tonight, barring unfortunate legal entanglements. I did everything I was supposed to, so they really shouldn't send me to jail today. We'll know by six or so, and if I don't go, I'll have an update for ya'll by eight.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: August 06, 2012, 01:18:05 pm »

i volunteer "Aseaheru, Army Dwarf" to lead the assault! or do open the car! OR to take on a ambush of spawn in just a cloak! or to be part of some random experiment! i really dont give a gnomes ass as long as he winds up dead.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: August 06, 2012, 01:20:05 pm »

Speaking of updates, I'll have one for you guys once the fight with the minortaur is done.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: August 06, 2012, 01:23:16 pm »

Speaking of updates, I'll have one for you guys once the fight with the minortaur is done.

Gary, the Minortaur has arrived! He has pustules on his face, and he menaces with an aura of friendlessness! Beware his general social ineptitude!

Lol, Splint, stop making typos that I can make puns with! :P It's killing me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: August 06, 2012, 01:26:57 pm »

Hey, it helps lighten the mood doesn't it? And a preview of what Fischer did: I think she's channeling the rage of the spawn she has killed in her teeth. She bit the fucker and shook him around until he passed out, at which point he suffered pike-induced head trauma.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: August 06, 2012, 01:34:36 pm »

can i fight it?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: August 06, 2012, 01:43:50 pm »

It's already dead. if you don't want the dwarf I can just strike the name off the records, because you're making it clear you no longer want the dwarf. i can alternativly just rename him if that's the problem.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: August 06, 2012, 01:51:39 pm »

please do. i dont know why i was given a replacement randomly.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: August 06, 2012, 02:02:36 pm »

[You weren't given a replacement, your dwarf never died. I left you as a strike-thru on the list to be funny.]

26th Limestone, 207.

Stupid prick still hasn't shown up to finish our negoiations. Fischer killed a deer that a huntsman didn't bother to finish when he ran out of ammo, so we got a little home-killed venision now, which is good. I swear I keep hearing things as of late.... Maybe Stova's spirit is haunting my hammer or something.

The prison construction is progressing smoothly and the doors for Fischer's tomb are done. She'll rest like a royal when that terrible day comes.

There seems to be some architectural glitch for the surface farm so I'm having the stairs dismantled and a ramp put up instead. And I'm still sitting here with my thumb stuck up my ass until that damned merchant representative sees fit to drag his lazy ass up here.

6th Sandstone, 207.

He finally stopped whacking off by the wells or whatever he was doing and met with me today. The prison is also nearing final completion with all the facilities the guard will need for training, and a small office to hold trials in so we don't have another fiasco like with the military liason and Hans.

8th Sandstone, 207. Intermitant Entry.

Rose has been a touch out of line lately. As the diplomat is sleeping in the skulker barracks Rose decided to organize a rather harsh training regimen for myself and the other bodyguards. Almost reminds me of Stova to be honest, but there's something... off about her. bah, maybe I'm just getting paranoid...

15th Sandstone, 207.

Prison's done. Each cell contains a bed, a place to eat, a restrant, and a place for personal effects should the imprisoned decide to bring them into the cell with them (Journals, spare clothes, sketchbooks and the like.) I've also had sets of bars on both ends installed on the corridor as a back-up measure and asked Mr Frog to install whatever security measures it is he's spread around the place in each cell as well.

16th Sandstone, 207. Intermitent Entry.

This is embarressing. Turns out the reason no-one got the farms made or the tower built was the door to them was locked. I feel a bit.... Stupid for not asking if that was the problem.

17th Sandstone, 207.

The drumbeats sounded of a great beast arriving into our territory! A minortaur to be specific. Even as just a child it stands larger than any of us here. Fischer said she'd fight the beast alone. I have every bit of confidence in her.

[This was just as the battle was about to begin. Place your bets dwarfs and dwarfettes!]

She met the beast out on the hill, more or less in the middle of our bloodplain. The stupid brute charged her and while it succeeded in knocking her over, it lost its balance and they tumbled over eachother, with Fischer managing to get on top of it (I was watching from the bridged-tower.) She stabbed the bullman in the arm, a sickening crack being audible even up from the tower before the beast got up, only to be bitten twice by the Colonel and knocked over by her charge! I dare say she must be possessed by the spirits of the spawn she's slain as she was able to shake the beast about like a ragdoll after she bit it, the thing making one pitiful cry before it passed out. She then rammed her pike into it's head multiple times before the beast breathed no more.

Afterwards I saw her tear the fell beat's head off, spit it on her pike and raise it triumphantly over herself and let out a cry of victory to all of us watching from the tower. We have since mounted said head, after having Mr Frog cure it so it wouldn't rot, in the main dining hall.

20th Sandstone, 207.

Agreement's been brokered and the merchants are still packing in to head off. We did dump quite a bit on them, as it's taking a long time for them to actually finish. The diplomat bid us farewell and left on good terms. My hammer seems  pleased by this.

25th Sandstone, 207.

Surface farm is built and walled in. Other than the minotaur, nothing eventful really happened as of late. I'm sure the spawn, barbarians, or goblins will have something to say about that when the home caravan arrives.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: August 06, 2012, 02:16:33 pm »

lovely. just lovely.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: August 06, 2012, 04:56:16 pm »

Since you are turning out updates at a faster rate than i can, i'll have to relay more story stuffs. I want Rose to show Halen to Splint. If you need any dialogue, feel free to ask.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: August 06, 2012, 08:23:18 pm »

Oh damn. Excellent work. I have to wonder where they got the guns though; Mr Frog had given them melee weapons and the only gun he had was basically a mag-cel equivelent of a zip gun (The man isn't a gunsmith afterall.)

But this also raises a question of how did OG!Frog get his PEA from Ballpoint at Eris.... Oh god I just made my own brain hurt with that.

Sorry I didn't get another update done. I instead drew my interpretation of Vanya in her full equipment disguise (Complete with a fake smoke grenade!) It took longer than I thought it would.

Edit: We also have two new additions to the mascot list, as mentioned: Danman Nimarkob, a Barbarian War Party leader, with two broken arms, and Setnek Nilnalthish, Holistic Spawn thief who's arm popped out and both legs broke.

Fortress Guard list

Megaman Duralkol - Guard Captain/Playerdorf
ThatAussieGuy  Eshtannicat - Playerdorf
Gold Amosttimnar - Likes native gold
Brass Amber - Likes brass
Longland Adilbasen - Likes to drink longland beer
Marmot Osthinrith - Likes hoary marmots
Stibnite Taditon - Likes stibnite
Acacia Asteshekast - Likes acacia trees
Granite Onuldakas - Likes granite
Marlin Amostekast - Likes to eat marlin

They were named after something they like if unclaimed.

YES I get good rooms :D Mind if I ask what my kill count is, if anything?

I've never had a guild representative as a diplomat. In fact, I thought that guilds haven't been in effect since 40d.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 815