Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178438 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4155 on: August 08, 2012, 12:12:19 am »

Sign me up for a turn, if we last that long it will be my mission to fix this place.

O.o
o.O
o.o
O.O

Nope, still doesn't compute.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: August 08, 2012, 12:21:22 am »

I have realized that, because Mitch and Paintbrush didn't really add much, it only took roughly 4-5 years for this place to become a veritable bedlam house, with doors leading nowhere, impossibly verticle well shafts in the hopital, rooms with no discernable purpose and is trying to literally warp and implode itself with its own utter hatred of sanity out of sheer spite because we're trying to keep this clusterfuck orderly.

When I sit and think about, I can only think "This must've been what ThatAussieGuy felt like when he realized just how fucked up Swordthunders was...." And that feeling is both complete joy and tremendous pride.

I fucking love you guys for this.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: August 08, 2012, 12:24:53 am »

I have realized that, because mitch and Paintbrush didn't really ad much, it only took rough 4-5 years for this place to become a vertiable bedlam house, with doors leading nowhere, impossibly verticle well shafts in the hopital, rooms with no discernable purpose and is trying to literally warp and implode itself with its own utter hatred of sanity out of sheer spite because we're trying to keep this clusterfuck orderly.

When I sit and think about, I can only think "This must've been what ThatAussieGuy felt like when he realized just how fucked up Swordthunders was...." And that feeling is both complete joy and tremendous pride utter existential terror.

FTFY.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: August 08, 2012, 12:27:57 am »

I have realized that, because mitch and Paintbrush didn't really ad much, it only took rough 4-5 years for this place to become a vertiable bedlam house, with doors leading nowhere, impossibly verticle well shafts in the hopital, rooms with no discernable purpose and is trying to literally warp and implode itself with its own utter hatred of sanity out of sheer spite because we're trying to keep this clusterfuck orderly.

When I sit and think about, I can only think "This must've been what ThatAussieGuy felt like when he realized just how fucked up Swordthunders was...." And that feeling is both complete joy and tremendous pride.
This should go on the OP.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: August 08, 2012, 04:44:25 am »

Yeah it takes about half a year to figure out what the fuck does what, but ah well ;-)
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: August 08, 2012, 06:45:58 am »

Story index has been updated, as has the second post! Woot, that's done. I also added an unofficial quotes poll to the second post. Longer quotes couldn't fit, sadly. (edit: link fixed.)

Going to keep working on the Spearbreakers.doc now, since people appreciate it. (Thanks for the feedback, btw)

About Splint's new quote: Should I rewrite it as Hans suggested?

edit:
THIS. IS. SPEEEAAARBREEEAAAKEEEEEEEEERS!

*punts cavy into Ash's cell*
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

REEDIT: Spent the morning working on nothing but the craziness that is the *.doc - I got 40 pages of the thread done, and that puts me up to page 90. (Also, Splint, hope you don't mind - I took the liberty of adding your unposted prologue at the beginning as a bonus treat for people who download the doc. If you want me to take it out, or to edit it, say the word.)
Link coming in a minute here. I'm going to refrain from including it in the second post until I have it finished.

By the way... Is there some reason that nobody's on?  ???

Final edit: Link.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:01:00 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: August 08, 2012, 11:00:12 am »

i now want a turn. i hope i can figure out images here by then...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: August 08, 2012, 12:43:44 pm »

Because I fell asleep late (Curse you Hans and Corai! :P) and couldn't be bothered to get up. Might be moving soon.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: August 08, 2012, 01:49:59 pm »

this is sort of unrelated but i had just seen a person rip out a spawn's tongue. really. the tongue. of a spawn.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: August 08, 2012, 02:09:12 pm »

Not sure I follow?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: August 08, 2012, 02:24:42 pm »

He downloaded the spawn or ripped them from a Spearbreakers save and one of his soldiers decided sticking his head in its maw was a good idea. Evidently it was as he came out with the spawn's tongue and his head still attached.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: August 08, 2012, 02:26:43 pm »

I assume that dwarf was Fischer.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: August 08, 2012, 04:08:23 pm »

He/She should give it to a taxidermist, and wear it as a trophy.  Then NOONE will ever question his/her badassery.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile

This is too good to be true. We're gonna get a siege of 80 Spawn mounted on necromancers or something in a few months, I just know it.

We're gonna get a siege of 80 Spawn mounted on necromancers

siege of 80 Spawn mounted on necromancers

80 Spawn mounted on necromancers

Spawn mounted on necromancers

found this, this image in my mind is so wrong right now.
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: August 08, 2012, 05:43:50 pm »

You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means.

No, really, somehow I don't think that's anatomically possible.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 815