Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2193502 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4200 on: August 09, 2012, 01:47:44 am »

Oh, the humans are still trying to load up the endless flood of useless shit we sold them. They might actually go insane before they load up and leave.

Dwarf: Here, have some mugs.
Human: Alright, let's load 'em up.
*Three months later*
Human: Where are all these fucking mugs coming from?!? Is this some kind of sick joke, you little bearded liver?!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: August 09, 2012, 01:53:16 am »

Actually..... It was oddly not mugs. Just the teeming hordes of useless garbage the enemy keeps leaving behind.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: August 09, 2012, 01:54:36 am »

Goblin: Okay guys, remember. Run in and die!
Goblin 2: Wait, how will that defeat the dwarves?
Goblin: We ain't attacking the dwarves, we are going to defeat the HUMANS by making them take all our crap the dwarves trade them!
All: HOO HAH!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: August 09, 2012, 01:59:50 am »

Goblin: We ain't attacking the dwarves, we are going to defeat the HUMANS by making them take all our crap the dwarves trade them!

Oh my god, the Goblins are brilliant, in a twisted, mostly retarded kind of way.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: August 09, 2012, 02:14:44 am »

this is sort of unrelated but i had just seen a person rip out a spawn's tongue. really. the tongue. of a spawn.
Every argument against that person ever after:
*tongue slap* "I ripped this off a goddamn Spawn, so your argument is invalid, bitch!"

Who here would want to capture that skinless frog for a zoo?
Hells yes, do want!
It would fit in nicely with our Spawn collection. Because ‼SCIENCE‼.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: August 09, 2012, 06:19:36 am »

Beautiful. lol

And I'm all for capturing a skinless frog. Provided it doesn't get free.    (And you know that somebody's going to set it free at some point.)
I'm also all for putting random, useless spikes EVERYWHERE. Just because.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 06:27:19 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: August 09, 2012, 06:28:04 am »

and link them to random pressure plates around the fort (triggered by everyone)
will be fun to watch dwarves (especially babies) getting skevered
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: August 09, 2012, 07:41:23 am »

Skevered? That should be a word.

Talvi's Journal, 21st of Sandstone
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: Hanslanda, I hadn't noticed before just how little Urist sleeps. :P There's at least four of Urist's updates between two of Vanya's, because she sleeps pretty often... Keeping track of the days is a bit confusing. I think we might have an actual chronological continuity problem. :-\ Hopefully not, but we'll see...

reedit: Armok's infinite beard, what have I gotten myself into... o_o
Okay, just hit page 145, and I'm getting Splint's stories into the continuity. If I was up to my neck in snarls before, I'm possibly drowning now.     I can only hope the readers won't feel the same way. Seriously, guys, there's like four different stories happening at once, and none of them are in order.
But... this is Spearbreakers... Mugs come in the door, and sanity goes out the window...

my brain is mush.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:39:45 am by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: August 09, 2012, 10:30:05 am »

Alot of stories  seem to run simultaneous with others, so that may be part of the problem.

Ok, so the fist is done as of 25th Timber folks. Had to use copper to finish it but the forearm and palm of the fist are made of iron.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: August 09, 2012, 10:43:16 am »

edit: Hanslanda, I hadn't noticed before just how little Urist sleeps. :P There's at least four of Urist's updates between two of Vanya's, because she sleeps pretty often... Keeping track of the days is a bit confusing. I think we might have an actual chronological continuity problem. :-\ Hopefully not, but we'll see...

It's all the mind-altering drugs and high stress situations I tell ya. :P But more seriously, I just kind of assumed sleeping and such happened 'off-camera' as it were, in any spaces between the updates with enough time for him to catch a nap.

reedit: Armok's infinite beard, what have I gotten myself into... o_o
Okay, just hit page 145, and I'm getting Splint's stories into the continuity. If I was up to my neck in snarls before, I'm possibly drowning now.     I can only hope the readers won't feel the same way. Seriously, guys, there's like four different stories happening at once, and none of them are in order.
But... this is Spearbreakers... Mugs come in the door, and sanity goes out the window...

my brain is mush.

Spearbreakers: Continuity means 'happens at the same time', right?
He's fucking with us.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: August 09, 2012, 10:52:03 am »

Usually there weren't any "off-camera" gaps - it went from one convo to the next without any breaks, or he left one place and started walking to the next. :P It's fine, though - I got it all figured out. Vanya slept twice in chapters 1-8, once right before Urist arrived, which was around where Urist battled zombies and spawn, which was the Mr Frog cavy burglary mission. The second time was when Urist tried to sleep off the effects of the drug. Later that day, the Vanya/Frog Talvi/Frog battles happened, followed by Urist saving the fortress from an evil mysterious rogue Parasol agent. Now while all this is happening, Ecem and Bugi are fighting the timewar, Ecem gets knocked out, and finally comes to - right around the time that Urist is talking to Armok. I had to figure this all out earlier today. :P Hence why my brain is mush.

And yeah. In Spearbreakers, everything happens all at once. There is no fuse.

@Splint: That's exactly what the problem is, but I think I have it largely worked out. It's crazy how far I had to shift the stories around to get it to work, but readers of the Spearbreakers.doc will find their read much easier. (though still bizarrely complex.)

I don't really mind the copper. I'm sure somebody else will come along and turn it into something shinier. Or spikier.

an edit: halfway through is equal to just over 120k words. Did you know we've written half this thread in the past month and a half?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:56:03 am by Talvieno »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: August 09, 2012, 10:55:20 am »

If anyone even tries to alter the FIST OF RAEG I will come into thier apartment and beat them with a pitchblende mug untill they stop moving. Speaking of which, I have a very small update coming in just a little bit so sit tight. i gotta upload the pictures. there will be three missing (FBs take time to draw damn it!) Copper is sufficently shiny and it won't be getting rained on by blood constantly (that was to avoid the damned caught in freakish weather from building up repeatedly.)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: August 09, 2012, 10:57:14 am »

... This all makes sense, and also makes for a very busy day for Urist. O.o

Also, since you ordered it all nice and fancy like that, we could just make the whole thing one giant multi-authored collaborative novel. Or two novels. :P

If anyone even tries to alter the FIST OF RAEG I will come into thier apartment and beat them with a pitchblende mug untill they stop moving. Speaking of which, I have a very small update coming in just a little bit so sit tight. i gotta upload the pictures. there will be three missing (FBs take time to draw damn it!) Copper is sufficently shiny and it won't be getting rained on by blood constantly (that was to avoid the damned caught in freakish weather from building up repeatedly.)

I lol'd.

Also, the FIST OF RAEG isn't in the blood rain? IIRC, the non-bleeding part of the map was kinda small and in the top left corner. Is the Fist given sufficient display area for people to appreciate its majesty?
He's fucking with us.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: August 09, 2012, 11:02:24 am »

Give me a moment, I'll take a pic of the Spearbreakers map, zoomed out. If I recall right, the blood side is the bottom-right quadrant. Or just the east side in general... Either way, I think Splint means that it is in the blood rain.

Can't wait to see the pics, Splint. :) And copper is fine.  I think it actually fits Spearbreakers that it's made out of a conglomeration of materials.

Novel? I don't know.    That'd be a really, really long novel. o.O   But still, maybe. I've never done any real bookprinting, so I wouldn't know.
(Actually, if like you said, we could split it into two novels, I'd definitely want a copy. :P)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:04:20 am by Talvieno »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: August 09, 2012, 11:07:31 am »

Hell yes. We could make money off this bitch. If it ever has a sufficiently dramatic and suspenseful end. FPS death would be a bitch to write about. ::)
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 815