Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178852 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4245 on: August 09, 2012, 11:20:53 pm »

4. because Fischer.
Fischer is such a terrifying engine of destruction that she has become our Chuck Norris, with her crowning moment of awesome being suriving alone against a group of spawn, getting knocked into a pond, and SURVIVING.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: August 09, 2012, 11:22:38 pm »

4. because Fischer.
Fischer is such a terrifying engine of destruction that she has become our Chuck Norris, with her crowning moment of awesome being suriving alone against a group of spawn, getting knocked into a pond, and SURVIVING.

I thought her crowning moment of awesome was when the spawn turned tail and ran in fear from her dark and terrible majesty?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: August 09, 2012, 11:24:27 pm »

No they ran after second squad(Paintbrush and his axelords) chopped an ambush party and a half to ribbons.

But she can easily go toe-to-toe against most spawn solo. A megaspawn would probably kill her though.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: August 09, 2012, 11:27:00 pm »

Dark and terrible majesty?
Give fischer a rat leather backpack.
WE HAVE FOUND THE ONE TO OPPOSE HOLLISTIC DETECTIVE.
Woah, Matrix flashback.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: August 09, 2012, 11:30:58 pm »

No, Fischer is a walking engine of pike-based doom. She fights like a true dorf, with a proper fucking weapon.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: August 09, 2012, 11:32:33 pm »

Dark and terrible majesty?
Give fischer a rat leather backpack.
WE HAVE FOUND THE ONE TO OPPOSE HOLLISTIC DETECTIVE.
Woah, Matrix flashback.

Fischer is so much more than Holistic ever could have been. Because:
No, Fischer is a walking engine of pike-based doom. She fights like a true dorf, with a proper fucking weapon.

Where is your demon-god now, Spawn? Because ours fights with a goddamn pointy stick, not a backpack.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: August 09, 2012, 11:34:22 pm »

Umm, Fischer fights with a weapon. The Detective didn't.

If HD could make things explode with a BACKPACK, then she could turn Fishcer into her bitch easily. Quickly, make Fischer a master of making stuff explode with a pike!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: August 09, 2012, 11:35:55 pm »

Umm, Fischer fights with a weapon. The Detective didn't.

If HD could make things explode with a BACKPACK, then she could turn Fishcer into her bitch easily. Quickly, make Fischer a master of making stuff explode with a pike!

I forgot that HD wore artifact Adamantine armor, my bad.
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: August 09, 2012, 11:36:38 pm »

She doesn't need to make them explode into lumps of goolicious gore. She needs only leave two holes in her enemies, one in thier heart, and one in thier head. Because that's how The Colonel rolls. And if she can't stab it, SHE'LL FUCKING BITE IT.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: August 09, 2012, 11:41:08 pm »

Actually, you know what, this has been bothering me. Why the assumption Fischer fits Badass is Dark/Crazy? Whenever i read about a champion, or an army, they are called insane, murderers, montrous beings. Our Fischer, our Champion Superdorf, shouldn't be seen as a monster, or dark, just because she kicks ass. She fights for Spearbreakers. I say, she's our brightest star, and who we should strive to emulate. She didn't get strong through fell rituals, or deals with the devil. She is Fischer Norris, last Dorf of Dorf!Krypton, the daughter of the living god, Chuck Norris. She is the Dorf of Tomorrow. She is Superdorf.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: August 09, 2012, 11:44:49 pm »

Hehe, that would be an epic combat log:

Holistic Detective, Demon-Goddess, strikes Fischer in the arm with her rat leather backpack, bruising the fat and bruising the muscle!
Fischer is propelled by the force of the blow!
Fischer skids along the ground on her arm, breaking the bone and jamming the bone through the muscle!
Fischer: Oh bitch, you don't even understand what you just did.
HD: Back in MY day, we didn't have parabolic arcs, and fancy skidding damage. We had-
Fischer stabs the Demon-Goddess in the upper body through the artifact adamantine armor with Splashslowed, breaking the left true ribs and puncturing the heart!
A major artery has been severed.

Fischer twists the embedded pike in the wound!
Fischer stabs the Demon-Goddess in the head with Splashslowed, tearing a tendon, shattering the skull, and tearing the brain!
Holistic Detective has become enraged!
Fischer: Oh shi-
Holistic Detective strikes Fischer in the lower body with the rat leather backpack, bruising the guts!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fischer is Dark/Crazy because this is Dwarf Fortress. Also, HD got strong the same way Fischer did, and only turned when the Fortress refused to die. So, if Spearbreakers ever just won't die, then the same could happen to Fischer. Besides, mugs. Anyone can be driven insane by enough mugs. Also, have you considered what would go down if Fischer mooded and failed her mood?  :o Cuz I just did. It was epic.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:47:39 pm by Hanslanda »
He's fucking with us.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: August 09, 2012, 11:46:03 pm »

Hehe, that would be an epic combat log:

Holistic Detective, Demon-Goddess, strikes Fischer in the arm with her rat leather backpack, bruising the fat and bruising the muscle!
Fischer skids along the ground on her arm, breaking the bone and jamming the bone through the muscle!
Fischer: Oh bitch, you don't even understand what you just did.
HD: Back in MY day, we didn't have parabolic arcs, and fancy skidding damage. We had-
Fischer stabs the Demon-Goddess in the upper body through the artifact adamantine armor with Splashslowed, breaking the left true ribs and puncturing the heart!
A major artery has been severed.

Fischer twists the embedded pike in the wound!
Fischer stabs the Demon-Goddess in the head with Splashslowed, tearing a tendon, shattering the skull, and tearing the brain!
Holistic Detective has become enraged!
Fischer: Oh shi-
Holistic Detective strikes Fischer in the lower body with the rat leather backpack, bruising the guts!

Splint, crack open your painting program.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: August 09, 2012, 11:46:42 pm »

No they ran after second squad(Paintbrush and his axelords) chopped an ambush party and a half to ribbons.

Hey don't judge me it's not my fault the spawn are THIS squishy!!!

:-P
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: August 09, 2012, 11:51:13 pm »

It's not that they're squishy. it's just the nature of chopping weapons and thier habit of removing limbs and liberating lower bodies from upper bodies.

And She's dark because:

1. Few relationships past long-term aqaintence. no lover.
2. She lives in fucking Spearbreakers.
3. She glitched out and ran at lightspeed for a bit.
4. She lives in fucking Spearbreakers.
5. Need I repeat 2 and 4?

@ Corai - why should I?

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: August 09, 2012, 11:56:56 pm »

Spearbreakers isn't dark, it's just not safe for sanity.
Being a loner is almost a requirement for a superhero (not a supervillian, may i say, because supervillians know heroes won't go after their freinds or family).
And superspeed isn't a power solely granted by dark powers. It is also granted by light powers, and even neuteal powers.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 815