Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178049 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4290 on: August 10, 2012, 12:36:12 pm »

Well. Mr Frog must be a fucking troll, because right before Fischer and the goblin Sergeant met, he oneshotted him. He seems rather insistant on standing his ground despite not being activated.

EDIT: Fischer seems to really enjoy biting people. And none of these poor bastards are even getting more than one attack in and it either misses horribly or gets blocked and counterstruck with a metal pole. four dorfs, one not even a good soldier, vs 7 goblins.

Tally so far: three dead goblins and two severly injured.

This update will just be covering the battle to be honest.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: August 10, 2012, 01:09:50 pm »

In retrospect, was Mr Frog's Combat And Training Simulator (CATS) necessary at all? Even without a couple squads of overpowered dwarves, we have Mr Frog himself, who's an interdimensional-time-traveler/neurobiologist/inventor. And if that fails, he can DJ them to death.  And not only that, we have FISCHER.

More fun with words:
I imagine Fischer's acronym would be something along the lines of "Fucking Incredible Superdwarven Culler of Horrors and Ender of Reigns".
Her name is an anagram of "Choleric Felons". I think this rather suits her...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:17:12 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: August 10, 2012, 01:16:00 pm »

Some pikegoblins led by a swordgoblin ran to aid thier hammergob fellows. most of whom are now dead/near death due to missing multiple important organs.

What amounts to a few conscripts versus a dwarven engine of doom and her two aides.

Those poor goblin bastards don't have a chance in hell do they.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: August 10, 2012, 02:41:36 pm »

18th Timber, 207. Intermitant Entry.

As of the 18th of Timber, we have four dwarves, maybe five, have developed infections at some point. OverlordTNT, both of Sus' relatives, Gemblade, and possibly Gorefast. I say possibly as Gorefast was suffering from a fever and was ordered by Fischer to either "Stop your bitching or get the hell out of this barracks." He stopped bitching. I must admit, between her head taking and general nastiness to anyone, she scares me. But I've known her since before the war (She left the army to be a mercenary afterwards, hence how I even found her) And I can still see that timid little dwarfette she used to be in there. Hell she's still afraid of the dark outside. It's partially why I insisted on torches every ten feet. The last thing we need is Fischer killing us all because she thought we were bogeymen or something.

Anyway, I have low hopes for those with infections survivng. If I could find a soaper's station I'd gladly try to get soap production going. Perhaps I should get som lye made ahead of time...

19th Timber, 207

The drumbeats were sounded again. This time for goblins. As expected, so I sent word to have Fischer pick two dwarves to bring with her to deal with the enemy. I should have expected as such since it's caravan season and a scout got bludgeoned by the caravaneers the other day.

I'm told she didn't even hesitate and told Jack Magnus, one of two axelords in her squad, to follow her and she dragged Draignean out by the collar of his mail shirt. She said she had to drag him out because he was shining his shield and talking to it again.

[three unlucky dorfs were outside, though Fischer is right there too. hammergobs led by a swordsgob.]

Reports say Mr Frog was insistent on providing fire support for the soldiers, with Fischer demanding the goblin face her like a man. The goblin gladly obliged, but didn't even get to fight. I have since had the beats sent out for them to engage all enemy combatants and to let as few escape as possible. I am going to head up to the tower so I can watch the spectacle.

[Mr Frog killed the goblin squad leader. excluding the two blocks, he freaking one-shotted him.]

Fischer got the first one besides the leader. Jack and Draignean confirmed that the poor bitch didn't even get to swing her hammer. [Seriously. She moves three times fast than any of the other soldiers. WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE ON. She did all that before either of the other two army dorfs even caught up with her!] Fischer claimed the kill as a bleedout, though Mr Frog and Draignean decided they needed to get involved in the already good-as-dead goblin's demise. Draignean was  attacked from behind by the next goblin, and Fischer tackled the poor fool and took a bite out of his upper body.

Jack went after the next, who tried to pry Fischer off her comrade only to have Jack chop her foot off. He then dragged her away by the belt and tried to smash he skull with the pmmel of his axe, but it was sadly poorly aimed and looked to have glanced off the crest of the helmet. The goblin managed to  smack Jack upside the head and he stumbled into FIscher and Draignean, leaving two severly injured goblins trying to drag themselves away from the battle while two others tried to hold out fighting dwarves off.

It didn't work out so well. However...

More goblins attacked, led by yet another swordgoblin sergeant came a squad of goblin.... Pikemen. Hoooo boy those poor sods didn't even know what they were walking into.

Jack's first victim succumb to blood loss as the first pikegoblin and the sword-sergeant closed the gap, only for the sergeant to be liberate of it's left leg. I must say, it's quite enjoyable to watch these fights.... perhaps I should find a good place to build an arena so we can have so good entertainment? Anyway, one of the goblins had second thoughts and tried to retreat, leaving a trail of blood gushing from it's arm, courtesy of Draignean. Actually it seems the rest of the goblins have all gotten the same idea, save the ones still being mauled by Fischer, Jack and Draignean. Speaking of which, the one Jack was killing finally died of blood loss.

Since we can't be having any uppity goblins scaring away Fischer's livelihood, I shouted down for them to run the survivors down. Jack chased down the nearest pikegoblin he could see and promptly chopped him to ribbons, but then-

Hammergoblins led by an axegoblin, undeterred by the sight of thier comrades' flight, decided to try and jump the lone Jack Magnus! I gave word to the drummer to send out for the rest of first squad, simply because I didn't think, as mighty as Jack is, he can fight that many goblins alone. However, as first squad began pouring into the battle line, Jack began trimming the goblin hedges, severing four limbs faster than I could see. I could tell by his swift movements he had been blessed by the war god in his hour of need. He bisected one goblin, bashed the teeth out of the next, thumped one in the chest, and severed three left limbs all in one smooth motion, While Fischer and Draignean rand down a goblin fleeing to the north, and Krypta set about killing one of the last of the earlier hammergoblins.

All while this happened, a dwarf I don't even know went to work foisting out an endless supply of crap on the home caravan. Hell some of the better made and decorated mugs bought a ton of bin-wood, metal ores, and steel making flux. Just the sheer volume of stuff we'll be dumping on them alone will probably make them take as long to leave as the humans are taking. They bought all the food and drink save the piles of plump helmets, which we have mountains of, though not anywhere near rivaling the heaps of mugs and useless loot.

Honestly Jack did well, smashing aside his aggressors who may have been shocked to see more dwarves come charging out of the gate to meet them. After all was said and done, Krypta killed the axegoblin sergeant, and jack killed the remaining survivors of his squad. while some of the pike goblins escaped (two to be exact,) I'd say this battle was a win. The caravans will help spread our warriors' glory far and wide and the goblins shall hopefully come knocking with more substantial forces.

[God damn that was messy. Goblin giblets everywhere and more shit we'll need to foist on another caravan, unless the next overseer just wants to go through and manually assign all the uless foreign-made loot to be incinerated. As you can see, I prefer to look at any engagments that happen happening in one day's fighting,  as when people say a battle lasted days I think it sound stupid. Realistically nothing living could fight for days nonstop except titans and biological FBs.

Also, if anyone hasn't noticed I'm trying to best Mitch in number of updates, hence these shortish ones. :P]

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: August 10, 2012, 02:50:08 pm »

...and Jack Magnus the angry vikingdorf.

I admit, I laughed at this. Also quite honored to have been chosen to go with Draignean and Fischer :p

Hey, I actually spelled the names right this time.

Also - yes, Mr Frog being a troll and sniping gobbos randomly amused me greatly.

Hm. I wonder what Fischer's stats are, nowadays. Must be legendary across the board combat wise, but I wonder what her attributes (strength, endurance, etc) are at.

(I figure dorf!Magnus is fairly good as well, considering he was sent along with Draignean and Fischer.)

... I just looked at the turn list for the first time in months, most likely. I seriously am wondering just how long it'll take to get to Corai's turn. I'm assuming we'll live that long, solely because of Fischer.

I'm afraid to think of how the fortress would look like at that point, too. Probably more mindfuck to look at than a M.C. Escher drawing.

Psuedo-edit: Ninja'd by Splint. Figures >.>

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: August 10, 2012, 02:52:05 pm »

You slapped the shit of the goblins who tried to gang up on you. two bisected, one smashed head, two blood loss. Honestly the only one in that group you didn't kill was the squad leader.

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: August 10, 2012, 03:00:09 pm »

Sounds a lot like my Skyrim character (also named Magnus). Constantly getting beheadings, even on ghosts. Not even gonna ask how that works, but yeah.

Surprised I got so many kills, though - would've expected Fischer to have used that super speed thing and caused all of the goblins to implode or something before I did anything.

And yes, an arena to use for "live training exercises" and other forms of entertainment would be good.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: August 10, 2012, 03:02:33 pm »

For some reason, until I switch the orders to a station order Fischer and Draignean just stood around near the stature garden where they killed a guy trying to flee. Left that out cause that was more a gameplay glitch than anything.

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: August 10, 2012, 03:16:16 pm »

Did the humans leave yet?

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: August 10, 2012, 03:24:49 pm »

Copying splints updates for my journal.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: August 10, 2012, 03:25:21 pm »

It seems that even in DF, I play the sniper :V
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: August 10, 2012, 03:30:53 pm »

Did the humans leave yet?

STILL loading up. Like I said, they may go nuts before they leave.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: August 10, 2012, 03:34:20 pm »

And then they'll leave behind still more piles of crap. Swell.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: August 10, 2012, 03:36:31 pm »

Controversial (in my opinion):
Also, if anyone hasn't noticed I'm trying to best Mitch in number of updates, hence these shortish ones.
I really don't like this idea... :P I see more updates as a bad thing, and not at all a good one. It makes it more difficult for people to read them all if they come along later, and gives me more work to do.

DO NOT autodump the goblin corpses, please. Spearbreakers NEEDS bones lying around. Otherwise it's too... neat and tidy. This is my favorite Spearbreakers pic:

This would look absolutely boring without any bones.
I'm fine with them being gotten up manually... but honestly, from now on, could we do it legit? :P

edit: pic fixed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:47:53 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: August 10, 2012, 03:38:44 pm »

I'm not autodumping anything made right now. The dorfs are either dumping them or taking them to the dump on thier own.

Off-topic

Fucking basset hound has MAJOR seperation anxiety issues.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 815