Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2189671 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4365 on: August 12, 2012, 01:17:12 am »

No friends for Rose. Just a mass of passing aquiantences.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: August 12, 2012, 04:05:15 am »

@Paintbrushturkey: It's all right, no problem. :) However...
it was just a couple of clicks to remove it
Teach me, master. :o It took me three hours to accomplish what apparently took you all of three minutes.
And thanks - I'm very glad to hear you like it. :D

Uhm, click the top of the document, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the document, shift click the bottom of the document, set text to black and highlighting and fill to no fill?
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: August 12, 2012, 07:42:18 am »

Uhm, click the top of the document, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the document, shift click the bottom of the document Ctrl+A, set text to black and highlighting and fill to no fill?
Tried that, it removed the color from everything but the text. I'm guessing you're using something different.

@Splint: Update today?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: August 12, 2012, 07:44:25 am »

It's coming it's coming. As I said I fell asleep and I kinda slacked off on it last night. I'm into winter, and as stated previously we now have two confirmed magma related deaths.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: August 12, 2012, 08:02:59 am »

MAGMAAAAAAAAAA. All right then, glad to hear it (and no worries, man).

I'm actually all for flooding the blood plain with magma now. Just because. I'm also for random spikes everywhere, as previously stated, as well as keeping the bones lying around. After all, this is Spearbreakers, and we are Hell. It's like that quote... "Battle not with monsters, lest you become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."   (This one quote might sum up the entire Boatmurdered/Headshoots/Syrupleaf/Spearbreakers series, actually.)
We've definitely battled monsters, and gazed into the abyss... We might as well look like it, too, right?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: August 12, 2012, 08:12:07 am »

Yeah, hi. I am an elf who likes to avoid necromancers having an army laying around. The intact enough bits that can bite or throw people around or attack them in general are going into the trash closet.

Oh and Kramer got possessed. looks like the voices are back for another round.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: August 12, 2012, 08:20:12 am »

Blah. :( I like the bones. Maybe we could at least leave the teeth? That's plenty enough to look like bones, what with 2s everywhere.

Kramar was HorridOwn4ge's dwarf, right? What workshop did he claim?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: August 12, 2012, 08:46:47 am »

Craftsman shop.

Now I present a rant from the most !!FUN!! hating man on Bay12.

This place isn't hell. Confusing to the point of being nearly sanity breaking yes, hell no.

Magma: It stays on the forgeworks level. Bulding anything involving moving magma upwards will be considered an act of sabotage and an active attempt to kill dwarves of the fortress and said player's dorf will be either stricken from the game or put into a lone suicide unit and thrown in the caverns. I'm not kidding. Stop mentioning using magma for anything but making metal items.

Anyone who misinterrpeted this place as a shining bastion or some last hold out is sadly mistaken. Dozens of other fortresses were set up for the same reason: Thin those fuckers out and gather up as many dwarves you can for battle.

You dicks broke my army's organization beyond repair. While this was expected, I also expected you to at least abide by making pikedwarves the main force. Instead there's twice as many crossbow armed civvies as actual soldiers and about ten too many axelords (They were supposed to be limited for a reason: Axes tend to be extra choppy and therefore make killing spawn too easy.) Now they're past the point of being useful and just run drills constantly, active or not.

I have been up too long and am grumpy. If I don't finish today, tough shit, write a story to occupy time. For any further information see my pointless metal fuck you sign out front, and stick it where it fits.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: August 12, 2012, 09:48:46 am »

was going to post this here, but decided better... splint check your inbox

there is a solution to the axelord problem.... unassign their axes....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:53:39 am by Paintbrushturkey »
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: August 12, 2012, 12:36:23 pm »

Like I said before, if dorf!Magnus can be reassigned to another squad using a different weapon, go for it. I personally don't give a shit if it gets me killed due to no experience with the new weapon, if it makes you feel any better to have more pikedwarves instead of axedwarves, go for it.

(Although I would ask for a redorf if mine got murdered at some point whenever possible)

Magma... I personally have no experience with pumping/pumpstacks/mechanics beyond traps and drawbridges in general, so I'm unsure what to say here. I've always treated magma as the "fuck you, you all burn" endgame weapon to murder or at least piss off everything you target, so I'd agree to some extent here with what knowledge I have.

Although, magma geysers spewing lava randomly would be amusing to me, it'd also be a FPS drain as well. And I doubt we really want that right now, lol.

I'd post something smartassed about your grumpy comment as well (@Splint), but I feel it might be misinterpreted as being serious :p

Anyway. I have my own fortress to screw around with in the meantime, having gotten myself back into playing DF for myself (and finally effing learning how to use minecarts). Quantum stockpiles make organization so much easier.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: August 12, 2012, 02:15:48 pm »

was going to post this here, but decided better... splint check your inbox

there is a solution to the axelord problem.... unassign their axes....

You tell me that again and I'll send you to fight the human torch alone.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: August 12, 2012, 02:27:37 pm »

splint is angry today, isent he?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: August 12, 2012, 02:34:38 pm »

Indeed I am. And I reserve the right to completely snap and vent as needed. But he's told me the weapon thing twice now and if I hear it again someone's axelord WILL die. I'm pretty fucking paranoid right now as it is because, due to me blowing off steam and an offhand comment someone's going to arrange an accident to kill me.

Which will in turn prompt me to flip further shit and demand retribution. And if anyone else suggests assigning them different weapons that doesn't help us know who is actually what due to the guys with axes being well past level 15 with said axes.

I'm sorry I'm flipping out but for the love of god tread lightly because I'm apt to percieve just about anything as a personal attack right now.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: August 12, 2012, 02:53:53 pm »

take a fort, save it and then kill it. then replace with the saved version.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: August 12, 2012, 03:27:55 pm »

Once I get the pics up I'll have another update ready. It wont be the ender one as promised, but it's something. Kramar finished his fancy walking stick by the way. And I am beginning to lay the groundwork for the assault on hell. Hopefully three months will be enough prep time.

We have a slight problem. Gorefast turned into a spawn. Because the fight happened- HIS FUCKING HAND!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wow that explains it.... I thought he got hurt fighting the goblins in spring and got an infection or something, cause someone did get injured by a counterstrike..... Shit.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 815