Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178294 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4380 on: August 12, 2012, 04:04:19 pm »

Infections don't cause fevers, Splint. At least not that I'm aware of.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: August 12, 2012, 04:07:04 pm »

I would imagine that's a normal immune response. I rarely have dwarves die of infection (only happened once as far asI can remeber. Usually if they get injured it's a deaths entence.)

Ok, so attack hell or don't attack hell?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: August 12, 2012, 04:33:58 pm »

give it time.

we still have how many people waiting to have a shot at this, let them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: August 12, 2012, 04:40:23 pm »

Well I got a gate rigged up to keep them from pathing into the fort and the animals should attract them right into the guard and civil defense unit's firing lines. If memory serves, they demons, while devastignly strong fall apart to even a bolt to the chest.

If you guys prefer after I fiish my turn I can keep a copy and enact the plan to see if it's viable.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: August 12, 2012, 04:51:35 pm »

21st Timber, 207. Intermittant Entry.

I've decided at Rose's request to build a few small tombs for the my guard unit. I've also decided to take her advice on the limited booze intake, if only so I can think more clearly if there's a shortage. I've also decided a few individuals who've proved themselves will get one too, and shall have thier coffins made from thier metal of choice, except for  bluemetal. That stuff is too valuable to use on that.

Also it seem the local raven populous is insistant on running around (Well, flapping is probably a better term,) the trade depot, much to the caracaneers' annoyance. They're slowing down loadup time considerably.

22nd Timber, 207.

A goblin scout was spotted today by Otiluke. He didn't get very far before he was killed. Otiluke was either bringing a flail in or was armed with it for some solo drills and beat the little fucker pretty soundly with it. I also forbade a number of certain eggtypes from being collected so we can vbegin breeding giant emu for battle.

26th Timber, 207.

The humans are finally departing! Took them fucking long enough. They also asked me that next year could we refrain from having the scary dwarf with the wierd helmet and the redhead swcream at them to get thier shit in motion.

[Good fucking riddence!]

27th Timber, 207.

I think when I was having the walls of the forgeworks touched up he may have fallen into the magma; either that or some glbs splashed on him and lit him up. I'm going to start disassembling all the forgeworks and rebuild them, with the functioning parts placed directly over the magma rather than the exposed piping and holes Mr Frog had thrown up just to get them running. this is going to be a bitch... I'll have to make sure all the bars of metal and tools and other goods are moved out before I disassemble the forges and such. Hell I probably won't be able to clear that up  in the few months I have left.

Oh,and it seems the madness that claimed The Master is making another go.

Here's to you buddy! Hope you want things we have.

3rd Moonstone, 207. Intermitant Entry.

Whoever the fuck used the marble for doors is a dead dwarf. THAT WAS FOR STEEL YOU STUPID FUCK.

7th Moonstone, 207

[Yes that's kramar. Won't display his nickname for some reason.]

Kramer spent the better part of five days gathering materials. Guess the voices won't be claiming this dwarf!

12th Moonstone, 207

After having locked himself in the shop for almost a week, he came out shouting he'd done it.

It's name translates into universal as Waxlances. It is encrusted with and menaces with spikes of shale, decorated with chestnut chevrons and banded with rope reed fiber cloth and larch. In spawn bone, basically raised on the surface of it, is an image of the Minotaur Otob Strikeclaws the Eviserator and a Barbarian hero named Zalis Beerearly, with Zalis striking down the minotaur. It also has a goblin zombie named Runsoul and Fischer fighting in shale on the other side, with Fischer claiming victory. In alpaca wool on the top knob is a diamond. Overall, only worth 12000 coin compared to some of our more spectacular fortress heirlooms.

I've begun laying the groundwork for our assault on the underworld. The voices keep saying "Go down... Claim what is rightfully the dwarven people's.... Prove youselves worthy of your ancestors...." It's maddening...

13th Moonstone, 207.

Well, that didn't sound good...

Was that from the food stores!? FISCHER!!!

DEAL WITH THAT!

The writing, while seeming nonsensical above seems to pick up.

Ok, so it turns out Gorefast had been injured during a fight with the spawn some time ago... As he had to go get his hand stitched up following a fight with a goblin I had assumed it was from the fighting in spring.... Man... Such a shame, he was a good soldier... We'll miss him.

Thankfully Fischer was getting food at the time and was able to respond to the threat. She would have made short work of him. However, I guess I should go over what she told me. it essentially amounted to one of the Fortress Guard, who goes by Brass.... Well... Fischer came out in time to hear Goreast make one shrill cry and saw Brass yanking the bolt out saying "Damned thing made me spill my dinner!"

[First shot too.]

[All the blood is the slothbear's. What's what explained in the pic.]

14th Moonstone, 207.

Nothing of note happened today excluding a goblin that Zombi spotted. He went after it but it got a shot inside the guard of his shield and stabbed him in the hand, prompting him to run away (Some soldier he is. Hakah got a broken arm and he killed three spawn before he passed out.) I suspect Fischer will be busy this winter.

[That'll probably be it for moonstone barring an ambush. Oh, and here's an approximation of Fischer being used as catapult ammo.]

[Replace the following with the following

Guardsmen: Siege operators
Raining Chaos Marine bits: Raining goblin/Spawn bits
Basilisk Self-Propelled Artillary: Catapult, of course

The inital impact of Fischer with the enemy resulted in many being reduced to a fine paste or otherwise gibbed into chunky mustard. There were no nondwarven survivors.]

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: August 12, 2012, 05:19:16 pm »

Now I present a rant from the most !!FUN!! hating man on Bay12.

I'm not ranting. And grand update Splint.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: August 12, 2012, 05:19:55 pm »

Man have I been gone for a long time.

...who made our front entrance look so pretty? I like it. Can I please get a quick summary of what happened since my turn ended?
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: August 12, 2012, 05:25:45 pm »

A whole grand clusterfuck, including a polite nerdwar.

And I did. I basically built upon what had already been built on Talvieno's turn for the walls. I just added a barracks, a couple more towers and some roadwork.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: August 12, 2012, 06:20:00 pm »

how fun
Highly Opinionated Fool

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: August 12, 2012, 06:24:05 pm »

If you guys prefer after I fiish my turn I can keep a copy and enact the plan to see if it's viable.
I like this idea.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: August 12, 2012, 06:35:37 pm »

seconded
Highly Opinionated Fool

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: August 12, 2012, 07:37:10 pm »

I love how Kramar's artifact is Holistic Spawn bone. I vote that we find a way to give that to Dwarf Splint - it's not quite a spawnbone throne, or a spawnbone chainscythe, but I figure it's good enough.
I still want to make that chainscythe.

I definitely didn't see Gorefast turning coming.... At least we got him taken care of without any problems (holy shit, oneshotting a Spawn with an iron bolt is badass). I think I'm going to make a journal entry on that in the relatively near future. I'm supposed to be "taking it easy" for the next few days, though. :( (I hate taking it easy.)

I'm against invading hell during your turn. I tried it with Paintbrushturkey's save, and it failed miserably. Everyone died. Quickly.

That aside, awesome update. :thumbup:
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: August 12, 2012, 07:38:58 pm »

you realize now I'm tempted to do so out of sheer spite, right?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: August 12, 2012, 07:41:12 pm »

BURN HELL DOWN! Wait, hell IS already burning?

...BURN IT DOWN ANYWAY!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: August 12, 2012, 07:42:30 pm »

BURN HELL DOWN! Wait, hell IS already burning?

...BURN IT DOWN ANYWAY!

I hereby decree this shall be at least one soldier's response when told to attack hell. (AKA anyone else think that's quote worthy?)
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 815