Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178871 times)

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4410 on: August 13, 2012, 05:30:19 pm »

WOW...  I was unable to check up on this for the past few days due to the internet at my house being slower than half-frozen molasses, and there's 6 new pages?  I can't believe it.  YOU NEED TO PICK UP THE PACE EVERYONE!  FASTER!!  (menacingly brandishes whip)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: August 13, 2012, 05:35:16 pm »

I flipped shit the other day and may have scared everyone. plus we're still trying to minimize the unrelated to for talk. Not that it's working very well.

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: August 13, 2012, 06:03:08 pm »

I kept from posting since I wanted to tread lightly until you cooled off, yea :p

@Talvieno: Good story update, although darker than I expected. Not that it bothers me or anything, I'm still interested to see what happens next.

@Splint: I'm all for pissing off the elves. I already dislike them based on their beliefs, and for the most part they act like assholes to everyone else anyway, so go for it.

Although I'd seriously start laughing like a goddamn maniac if an elf somehow managed to snipe Fischer with a bow. Elves are supposed to be stupidly good archers, right? Keep in mind that, despite my going through probably a dozen fortresses, I haven't experienced much of anything of military related things besides the occasional goblin/kobold thief, snatcher, and ambush. And one encounter with a blind cave ogre I'd rather forget...

Back to my own fortress, I guess. Now to figure out why my idiot dwarves are ignoring the materials in the original all purpose stockpile and refuse to move them downstairs... they can access them fine, the new stockpile clearly is working (accepts the same stuff and has been accepting input from other sources), and they did move the shit downstairs when I made them garbage dump them instead, but... still won't move them three tiles onto the stockpile (yes, I reclaimed after I dumped them). Infuriating little bastards.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: August 13, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »

We going to war with elves? Come on, making Fischer fight elves is degrading. Its like sending a commando to kill a baby.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: August 13, 2012, 06:15:15 pm »

No, were sending a commando to kill hitler's teenage son. There's a difference. Plus to even start a battle they'll need to either jump a dorf gathering stuff topside or deliberatly pick a fight with first or second squad.

They try to enter the iron barracks (surface, with Fischer's 1st in it) they meet Fischer. They try to go in the depot entrance, they meet Paintbrushturkey and his axelords. Either way they'll be close enough for thier bows to be irrelevant.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: August 13, 2012, 06:27:04 pm »

muhahah!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: August 13, 2012, 06:40:23 pm »

For the problem of to many axedwarfs in the military, I would recommend only sending them to deal with things you need slashing weapons to fight effectively, like necromancers.  (What makes undead count as needing slashing weapons while spawn don't?  The fact that undead NEED to be chopped to bits to keep from functioning, where spawn can be killed from a single pike-wound, in the right place of course)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: August 13, 2012, 06:43:01 pm »

Why did that remind me I haven't finished Spawnified Ashsaber.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: August 14, 2012, 01:03:06 am »

I dunno, for the same reason no one has posted for seven hours? Maybe everyone was reminded of things they had to do...?

Preview of rose's next journal post:
"the humans left?

... THE FUCKS ACTUALLY LEFT?!

Damn it! I lost twenty mugs! I thought they would die of starvation first. Armokdamn morons. Splint said me and fischer scared them out of here."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: August 14, 2012, 04:09:13 am »

And here's my rendition of Dorf!Mr Frog. Probably nightmarishly off, so please don't unscrew my head Mr Frog. Sports a now dirty and worn labcoat with a faded Ballpoint Technology Bioengineering patch, his civili defense gear, and glasses. because I see him as wearing glasses. The beard as you can see is noticably shorter than a dwarf's would be, but just long enough to not garner any strange looks (or at least not too many.) The glove is made from dyed cave spider silk with a taruma plate inserted over the palm to reduce any hand injuries he might incur defending himself.

The original idea involed mutating cavemoss eating his pen, but I decied a simple rendition would suffice.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: August 14, 2012, 04:29:23 am »

I'd like to be Dorfed...
Name: Skirata
Profession: Marksman Dorf or sword-dorf
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: August 14, 2012, 07:34:19 am »

Thanks for the feedback, Jack Magnus. :) Glad you liked it. Don't worry about the darkness - she's not actually as dark as she seemed in that "nightmare"... That's largely the fault of the corporation(s) that were controlling her (hence the total lack of emotion). (I love being vague.)

Heyaa, Aigre, and welcome to the thread. I don't think you'll have much trouble getting a marksdwarf (bahahaha), but swordsdwarf, maybe.

@Splint: Nice pic of Mr Frog. I'd imagined him differently, though... I guess I could possibly try to draw my rendition sometime. (It'll suck.)
Your pic reminded me of Atrus from the Myst series:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: August 14, 2012, 11:25:04 am »

@Talvieno: That's what I expected, yeah. Nightmares are a powerful (and horrible) thing to experience, and unfortunately almost all of the ones I've ever had I never remember apart from an intense fear of everything on waking up as well as a massive sense of hopelessness. Not pleasant :p

@Splint: I like the rendition. I don't think I've ever really visualized dorf!Frog in my head before, so I can't really judge it against my own mental image of him, but he does look good. And yes, glasses are a must (in my eyes) for a scientist.

I'd comment more on my own fortress, but it'd feel too off topic >.> all I'll say is I have a healthy dislike for my world's kobolds currently. Where in the hell they got enough shit to haul off to mount an ambush I'll never know...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: August 14, 2012, 11:57:17 am »

i always pictured mr frog as hunchedbacked. and older...  :-\
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: August 14, 2012, 01:14:23 pm »

I forgot the cloak honestly. and I'm probably waaaaaaay off on his appearence. I'm honestly worried Mr Frog is gonne rip my throat out for getting it wrong :P

EDIT
@ Aigre Excalibur - Welcome to the bedlam house. I dorf'd you as a pikedwarf, as that was the last unnamed soldier I'm aware of. All hte swordsdwarves are claimed or already named.

Ok boys and girls, once more barring a battle my next update or two will be the end of my turn. I'll have everything rigged up so all we'll need is to thin out our animal herds and mass produce bolts to take down the inital counterattack by the clowns. Once the demons collapse under the civil defense corps' hail of bolts 1st squad should be able to charge down and evict the malcontents down there. Before the assault proper I'll copy the save and see if my plan will work. If it does, then OPERATION: EVICTION will be a go.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 815