Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178302 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4425 on: August 14, 2012, 04:13:34 pm »

Spearbreakers in a nutshell

Year one: Doin' good. :D
Year two: Hey, I think you weren't actually doing good.
Year three: What the unholy fuck were you guys doing?
Year four: I am simply magnificient, am I not?
Year five: Ya'll will nae be takin' me fort.
Year six: Hm. I can fix this. Hey I fixed it.
Year seven: And now the military is mega...
Year eight: ...So we can invade hell!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: August 14, 2012, 04:54:48 pm »

QUOTE!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: August 14, 2012, 07:17:02 pm »

15th Moonstone, 207. Intermittant Entry.

The merchants from home are heading off. I don't... remember if we traded with them. Oh well. I'm going to go ahead and stock up some bedrooms with thier necessities that were otherwise unused.

17th Moonstone, 207. Intermitatnt Entry.

Since we have a good amount of dye laying around from the lost caravans, I've decied to put it to use dying whatever cloth we have. Might as well do something useful with the stuff right?

25th Moonstone, 207.

We'll be importing ALOT of leather from home next year. I figure it will provide more substantial protection for the citizens if they get into a scrape than silk or plant cloth. Nothing really notewirthy happened, though aside from munitions as good a preparation as I could make for the invasion have been made. We may need someone willing to sacrifice themself though, and I'm loath to ask a miner to do so...

4th Opal, 207. Intermittant Entry.

Dauros got a bit... touchy when someone grabbed his pike today. They got a black eye and a gauntlet imprint on thier face.

8th Opal, 207. Intermittant Entry.

Note quite noteable, but I've ordered a wall erected around the food storeage in the quarry. Nothing  further to report, aside from Rose asking me about cactus milk booze. I told her that sounds all well and good but we don't have any cacti around here. She then proceeded to pimpslap me and say we can import some from the humans or elves. Uppity little bitch.

12 Opal, 207.

Export agreement made. Looks like the capital wants meat, metal and some odds and ends.

Just need to finish up with the pleasentires and such.

13th Opal, 207. Intermittant Entry.

Saw some actual wildlife while I was up on the fist of rage surveying the surroundings. Turkeys. I gotta say the view's incredible up there. Hope you like the view gods! HOPE YOU LIKE THE FUCKING VIEW.

16th Opal, 207.

Finally done. Once the liason departs we'll have been elevated further.

18th Opal, 207.

We're now becoming even more firmly entrenched in our nation's political machine, and our strength has probably made us known  all over our area of the world. Who knows? maybe the monarch will decide to move here! I hope we've conquered our corner of hell by then, we could make one bitchin' palace down there.

Put out an order for everyone to go ahead and bring in whatever other junk is still topside. We gotta get it out of here, so may as well gather it up. I also have plans  that will please our forge and war gods at the same time... Hope you like being run through  you tree humping queers...

21st Opal, 207. Intermittant Entry.

Wow. Actual rain! If anyone complains while they're out gathering stuff from the bloodplain, I'll have Rose make a house call with her fists. I also requested to have a few additional peices of furniture made, as per traditional arrangments for nobility (I only have one combat uniform and a hammer though... I don't see why any count would need more than one rack or stand...) Mitch said he'd take care of it.

25th Opal, 207. Intermittant Entry.

I got my furnishings. All masterworks.... I gotta hand it to Mitch, he's one damn talented mason.

[We can now assign a tax collector and dungeon master for shits and giggles if you guys want. They'll need the relevant rooms, and I recommend Stoner for the post of DM, as he's a high master animal trainer and already has the needed bedroom.]

28th Opal, 207.

I wrote a bunch fo stuff down and threw them in my helmet and had Crusher draw a lot. Whatever it was, I'd mandate just for the hell of it. He drew backpacks, so I ordered Corai to make a backpack. He asked why and I just told him why does he need a reason to kill time?

1st Obsidan, 207. Intermittant Entry.

Ah, Obsidian. A fine month. it's close to that time where I must pass off my duties as tradition demands, though I'll maintain my bookkeeping and diplomacy duties. I feel I've done much for the fortress... And yet so much still needs to be done...

[Sorry about the lack of pics just... nothing happened really. It's raining pretty hard and I don't want the power to die while I'm on my turn.]

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: August 14, 2012, 07:23:52 pm »

Another day, another update. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: August 14, 2012, 07:25:48 pm »

Canibetaxcollector?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: August 14, 2012, 07:27:53 pm »

If I could figure out where your room was so I could properly unassign it and move you into a nicer one, then yes. Otherwise that's up to the next overseer.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: August 14, 2012, 08:09:02 pm »

While i love the idea of rose pimpslapping people who point out the flaws in her ideas, that smacks (pun) of Flanderization to me. So, just as a plot point, she'll only hit you if you piss her off, or are the only person who can help her, and don't.
Also: i was almost done with other update! Why you make new one before can post? (translation: MUST. STOP. PROCRASTINATING. JOURNAL!)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: August 14, 2012, 08:15:43 pm »

FUN TIME!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: August 14, 2012, 08:16:15 pm »

Well Splint negoiates all the trade agreements now so....

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #4434 on: August 14, 2012, 09:22:41 pm »

Having stumbled upon this, can some one explain the series of events that comprise of this nightmare?

Other than that this is Boatmurdered, but with mugs.

Heck, from what I can tell, the Hospital here is Boatmurdered's Elephants

FLOOD IT WITH MAGMA.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: August 14, 2012, 09:24:21 pm »

If we did that it'd weaponize magama. And knowing our luck we'd have magma crabs spontanously swim into said hopital and run rampant.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: August 14, 2012, 09:29:06 pm »

Spearbreakers in a nutshell

Year one: Doin' good. :D
Year two: Hey, I think you weren't actually doing good.
Year three: What the unholy fuck were you guys doing?
Year four: I am simply magnificient, am I not?
Year five: Ya'll will nae be takin' me fort.
Year six: Hm. I can fix this. Hey I fixed it.
Year seven: And now the military is mega...
Year eight: ...So we can invade hell!

This is relevant to the question at hand actually.

If we did that it'd weaponize magama. And knowing our luck we'd have magma crabs spontanously swim into said hopital and run rampant.

Hehe.
Us: Splint, magma?
Splint: No.
Us: Splint, magma the enemies?
Splint: No.
Us: Splint, magma ourselves?
Splint: Nah, then we'd get crabs in the hospital.
He's fucking with us.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #4437 on: August 14, 2012, 09:31:19 pm »

Could someone give me lore pointers?

Like what the Spawn is/are?

Why the Hospital is so bad?

Some notable dorfs.

and Major events.

Sorry if this is a bit much.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: August 14, 2012, 09:35:00 pm »

1. Demonic children of the Detective, from another succession game that was a succession to Headshoots. The Detective used a rat backpack to explode people. She ended the fort by turning into a skeleton and killed everyone, and did battle with the other champion. She came out on top against her (also skeleton) former foe. And thus, the succession had her "children" attack the fort.

2. "I got a broken leg." "Okay, i'll remove your arms." happened like, twenty times.

3. Fischer, the demonic warlord goddess of blood death that makes Armok wet himself.

4. Invasion of hell? I don't know any events.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #4439 on: August 14, 2012, 09:36:30 pm »

My brain has trouble comprehending the answer to one.

This fort needs to become more legendary than Boatmurdered.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 815