Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2195941 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4440 on: August 14, 2012, 09:41:03 pm »

My brain has trouble comprehending the answer to one.

This fort needs to become more legendary than Boatmurdered.

Spawn are dwarves that have been infected with some sort of curse that transforms them. Their flesh sloughs off for the most part, their lower jaw splits in half, the tear formed goes down their chest, making their entire chest one big mouth, their finger bones elongate into hideous claws, and all bodily functions cease but their heart, which is turned into obsidian and is their only weak spot.
Also, we apparently decided that the dwarf so infected retains consciousness, but no control. Trapped in the body of a vicious monster that is now butchering his friends.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #4441 on: August 14, 2012, 09:45:02 pm »

Is a mod or a weird incident of DF's Procedural generator?

I'm guessing a mod.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: August 14, 2012, 09:45:57 pm »

Noteable dorfs

Splint: Count of Spearbreakers. Likely suffering a monor case of sanity slippage. Built a giant middle finger on the front lawn.

Fischer: Ambiguously gendered leader of the fortress military. Our Succession's memetic badass.

Draignean: Make Zap Brannigan from futurama a competant fighter and an incompetant commander and you have one of the fort's mascots.

Bombzero the mad butcher

Mr Frog: Djing drug addict bioweapons researcher who got duped into coming here by his superiors.

And that's just a few of them.

Events:

Zombie apocalypse we were forced to danger room to eradicate

Preparation for invading hell with nothing but soldiers and animals

spawn ambush where an axedorf got his face gnawed on and was unaffected

Fischer facing multiple spawn alone, almost drowned, and survived long enough for help to arrive.

The construction of the Spikewalk

The invention of the F.R.O.G. detection system....

Hospital:

Until Mitchewawa's reign, being sent to the hospital was the equivalent of a death sentence. That's all I want to say on the matter.

Hans got the spawn. And yes it is a mod. Alot of stuff was modded here.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: August 14, 2012, 11:34:24 pm »

Here is hoping Rose survives long enough to be notable! (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease...)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: August 14, 2012, 11:52:01 pm »

Hopefully she will, as I don't intend to lead my bodyguards in battle untill the squad is at talented or better in the relevant skills.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: August 15, 2012, 12:31:29 am »

@Splint:

The Mr Frog pic isn't really doing it for me, sadly :(  The anatomy's kind of wonky, so it's hard to get a sense of the subject's stance or body language. A bit of extra time to make sure the various bones all hook up correctly and are the same length would improve everything.

I have an unfinished pic of Mr Frog lying around, so I think I'll maybe finish and post it for the sake of putting my money where my mouth is. And so that you all can laugh at how I inadvertently made his waist into a free-spinning axle.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: August 15, 2012, 12:52:18 am »

Go screw, I'm not good at realistic. not very good anyway. I tend to fuck up on limbs and shit because when things look too long it wierds me out so I tend to go the shorter route.

And take tha go screw as you will. I'm not making another one, as I'm not tired enough to do so. And yes, I'm grumpy and I apologize. it's late and I'm hungry. and there's no food that doesn't require noisy cooking available.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: August 15, 2012, 01:39:29 am »

@Mageziya:

tl;dr Spawn: Evil. Nasty. Bitey. Contagious. Stay away. Kill if at all possible.

@Splint:

:-\
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: August 15, 2012, 02:07:09 am »

Until Mitchewawa's reign, being sent to the hospital was the equivalent of a death sentence.
And after Mitch whipped the doctors into shape, poor Sus III was being taken such good care of it's a miracle they let him out at all.
"Uh, guys, I think I'm all healed up already..."
"What? Nah, back in the traction with you!"

Also, magma crabs in the hospital actually sounds like an improved over the pre-Mitchewawa setup.  :-\

And Spawn Syndrome (or, similarly, Husk conversion) should totally be added as an option for procedural creature generation in vanilla DF. Because ‼Fun‼ and ☼games☼.

Litast McHammerdorf has turned into a Forgotten Beast Frozen Extract Thrall!
Imagine that. Fun times.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: August 15, 2012, 04:07:08 am »

Until Mitchewawa's reign, being sent to the hospital was the equivalent of a death sentence.
And after Mitch whipped the doctors into shape, poor Sus III was being taken such good care of it's a miracle they let him out at all.
"Uh, guys, I think I'm all healed up already..."
"What? Nah, back in the traction with you!"

He kept passing out in the armoury. It was OK in the end though, because all of those fits he was having got NCommander to high-master diagnostician and wound dresser.

E: I hear the hospital these days is puckering its anus for another deficiency in being run properly.

If you can get the save running, have fun finding my two hidden easter eggs.

HINT: They both have my name in them.
Would that be the points you left somewhere? "Mitch cancels stuff"?

Oh, that counts as one. I made another easter egg (not a note) somewhere.

EE: With the current poll, if I ever imagined Mitch being drawn it'd be in some sort of communist-style propaganda poster.
'All hail Mitch! All hail his social reforms!'
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:11:10 am by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: August 15, 2012, 06:55:44 am »

Here is hoping Rose survives long enough to be notable! (pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease...)
Lol, not even Talvi is notable, apparently... (Which is odd, considering that Bombzero was notable, and he/she died a long time ago.) Short of Mary Sue'ing and driving Mr Frog crazy, it'll probably take you while to get Rose to where Splint considers her to be in the top five... But maybe it's just the character choice.

@Splint:

:-\

EE: With the current poll, if I ever imagined Mitch being drawn it'd be in some sort of communist-style propaganda poster.
'All hail Mitch! All hail his social reforms!'
I want to do that now... Wish I had more time. :-\ (And that I was a better artist, like Niccolo or Solpyre.) Splint only put the characters he felt comfortable with drawing into the poll, so that's why some characters like Talvi, Mitchewawa, Bombzero, Sus, Paintbrushturkey, etc. got left out. I have a feeling I'm lucky Vanya's in there at all - honestly, I think I made the chapters too long for most people to want to read them. :-\

This fort needs to become more legendary than Boatmurdered.
...is that even possible?

Anyway, in response to your question.
Spoiler: MAJOR EVENTS BY YEAR (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:02:51 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: August 15, 2012, 07:01:10 am »

I cannot wait until it's my turn. Oh, how you will enjoy it.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: August 15, 2012, 07:05:34 am »

I cannot wait until it's my turn. Oh, how you will enjoy it.
I hope you mean that last ironically. It's more Fun that way.

edit: I PM'd Bombzero a couple days ago - no response yet. I'm going to wait another day, and then I'll try to contact Dariush.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: August 15, 2012, 07:48:41 am »

so if im im guessing some people will have lost interest, jumping us forward a few years?
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: August 15, 2012, 10:45:47 am »

I just listed SOME of the notable people in this whacky shack is all. And I may not bother with anyone else now since I am evidently inept at a humanoid's bodytype to the extent that it needs to be mentioned.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 815