Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178375 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4455 on: August 15, 2012, 11:42:52 am »

this is still better than boatmurdered. after all, what it took them 10 years took us 6 in 3D!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: August 15, 2012, 12:53:29 pm »

I just listed SOME of the notable people in this whacky shack is all. And I may not bother with anyone else now since I am evidently inept at a humanoid's bodytype to the extent that it needs to be mentioned.
:( Don't worry about Mr Frog's criticism overmuch, he does that for everybody. I liked it, anyway, even if it wasn't quite the image in my head. I think we all have a different take on what he looks like, and in my opinion you did a good job (definitely better than I could possibly do). Well, besides the cape, but who ever said he wears it all the time?

The best portrait I've ever done was a pixel-art style picture in Minecraft... which I'm reluctant to post here.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: August 15, 2012, 01:13:19 pm »

@Splint:

If I thought you were a hopeless case, I wouldn't have commented at all. Just Google 'Human Skeleton' and memorize how long/wide key bones are in relation to each other. It's just a few numbers, and it'll help a lot -- I speak from experience.

If angles give you trouble, there are a bunch of fairly-intuitive techniques and equations that I might be able to teach you that can help, though those are more-complicated and thus probably better for PMs. I can probably give you some basic anatomy pointers in that case, as well.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: August 15, 2012, 03:36:39 pm »

My rendition of Mr Frog:
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: August 15, 2012, 03:43:10 pm »

I'm not sure of what to make of this, partially because it looks like a more.... cleaned up (has his cloak, lab attire isn't covered in rough patch jobs and dirt/blood, beard's shorter and tider, and no civil defense gear) verson of what I did. Oh, hair color's lighter too. Good regardless though, and as such I make this statment. Splint Approves.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: August 15, 2012, 04:05:31 pm »

I made his hair a little grey to reflect his age.

I'm every bit as irritated about the sparkling-clean suit as you are; the program I was using (a 3DS app called Colors! 3D) doesn't really lend itself to blending colours, so I wasn't sure how such a thing could be done properly and not look like he just spilled coffee on himself (which would be OOC -- Mr Frog knows that coffee is for wimps and that REAL scientists shoot up straight caffeine). Some shading work in general could have improved it greatly as a whole, I think :-\

I'm aware that he looks unarmed; it's a misconception that he likes to cultivate.

Also: I started this drawing before you posted yours :p  Any similarities are coincidental.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: August 15, 2012, 04:09:29 pm »

Still it's a little creepy. And I'm aware of the needle posiony things in his sleeves, the sneaky bastard.

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: August 15, 2012, 06:30:24 pm »

@Mr Frog: That's a hell of a lot better than the stick figure crap I'm capable of drawing, lol. All of my creativity is focused into writing, not drawing.

The similarity between Splint and Mr Frog's versions is... uncanny. Both faces look (to me, anyway) extremely similar, apart from the hair color.

I can see where the "free-spinning axle" comment came from, though - although my immediate impression is that he's facing away, looking back towards us.

Or we could just say the drawing is of clone!Frog, and instead of being a biological clone, he's a robot. That would explain the axle.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: August 15, 2012, 07:36:16 pm »

@Maggie:

Frog's appearance has been described in the stories, if you'll remember.

Your immediate impression on his pose is correct, though I think I screwed up an angle somewhere. Frog must be hella flexible if he can twist his waist that far :V

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: August 15, 2012, 08:02:05 pm »

due to the sudden interest in images i have drawn something new. you will get to see it, alog with the other drawings i have made for this when i find a %!)(&&*W%#(^@#(%*(#^T$&I!#%$*@#^$&(!%*$^$%@!863789@!%$79!%&($%&($(*#^&&(%$()!64 SCANNER!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: August 15, 2012, 10:04:30 pm »

Ever consider just getting a cheap replacement since your has clearly gona MIA during your move?

And on to business. Shall I have Fischer kill Danman and the spawn scout? or let them to continue a miserable existance under the spikewalk? letting them live gives us two mascots, but also renders the spiekwalk functionless.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: August 15, 2012, 10:05:46 pm »

Kill them. Functionality over epicness.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: August 15, 2012, 10:26:38 pm »

My hoe speaks the truth.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: August 15, 2012, 10:27:23 pm »

Alrighty, Obsidian is passing without incident. If those two are the the only response I get by the 20th of Obsidian, they die. Also my squad is now training and will do so full time barring diplomatic visits. Funilly enough, Rose was the only one who didn't show up for training, being asleep at the time of activation. (she has previous macedorf expierence evidently so she's the only real soldier in the squad right now, but that's an advantage.)

And if those two would like to tinychat, Im up for it. it gets boring around here when you guys aren't on to torment.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: August 15, 2012, 10:29:01 pm »

My hoe speaks the truth.

I want to come up with a comeback that pokes fun at your use of drugs, but I can't think of anything.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 815