Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2179125 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4665 on: August 21, 2012, 01:07:50 pm »

who do you clean a lung infection? make them drink soapy water while hiccuping?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: August 21, 2012, 01:13:03 pm »

Awesome posts, Sus, Splint! :D I'm working on finishing the second half of the Vanya chapter, hopefully later today - just need Hanslanda on to check what I have. And Splint, your story post didn't actually contain "suckage"... If I understand right, you mentioned scythods at one point (and possibly seqiv). Now I feel called to post a sort of scythod pic... :P

This was drawn much, much earlier this year... I just edited it, that's all. Black parts are the edit. Oh, and I took out the eyes. (it was determined that they made no sense.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ninja'd.
I lol'd.
Actually, Aseaheru, I imagine that in the Spearbreakers hospital, they start by putting the dwarf in traction, and then remove their legs. That's just the first step.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:33:25 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: August 21, 2012, 01:39:19 pm »

That's oddly how I imagine them being shaped. And what it said was "Hurry boy!" To which the human responded to it to at least talk to him in standard if not dwarven. I imagine them having very grating/annoying voices when they speak english for some reason.

I imagined them funnily enough with one set of sything limbs and one set of regular limbs which ended in two claw like fingers and a thumb (or an analgue thereof so they can wield weapons. Afterall, they aren't tyrandids so they won't be able to get far with just natural weapons.) I also decided to at least float the Ballpoint has a minority of other creatures in it's security Corperation.

Since I was never told anything about them other than them being mantids from space I just assumed they'd gotten here on thier own, possibly fleeing the Seqivet after you told us about them.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: August 21, 2012, 01:44:35 pm »

ninja'd.
I lol'd.
Actually, Aseaheru, I imagine that in the Spearbreakers hospital, they start by putting the dwarf in traction, and then remove their legs. That's just the first step.
[/quote]

no, honestly. how do you clean a lung infection? do you cut open the chest then wash it or what?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: August 21, 2012, 02:27:30 pm »

An infection is an infection It'll either kill the dwarf or it won't. No treatment for it unless it causes necrosis, which can be treated by having the damaged tissue removed.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: August 21, 2012, 02:55:35 pm »

Actually, not true. If soap is used when cleaning wounds, or after surgery, the chance of a dwarf getting an infection is dramatically decreased. Outside of hospitals it's practically worthless, though, except for a happy thought: "Took a soapy bath recently". (though they do get cleaner from a soapy bath than a regular one.)

For lungs... I guess the dwarf either fights it off naturally (very rare, in my experience) or he's screwed.

For the Ballpoint language, I imagined it had to be dwarven by default. Otherwise, how did Vanya speak to Bugi and the other Ballpoint soldiers/guards?
But yeah, I imagine a scythod's dwarven would sound very harsh and grating. With a bit of a hiss to it all, possibly.

I can't wait for Toady's new updates... when that happens, scythods will be able to quad-wield... they'll be practically unstoppable except by skilled dwarves.
(by the way, if you haven't played as a scythod in adventurer mode, you should - it's as fun as playing as manamaids)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:02:51 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: August 21, 2012, 03:09:34 pm »

Languages of Ballpoint Technologies

Standard: For us, this would be english. Since it's clearly everyone's second language (since everyone can communicate it is abstracted as a second language in-game, otherwise anything humans said to a dwarven adventurer would be completely incomprehensible, as would goblins threatening you,) it's handy to know. This is the sole language of most Equus and some Humans from certain pocket dimensions/iterations. Used mostly for communication with creatures that have difficulty speaking/ flat out don't know any dwarven and for negotiations with potential clients. I imagine this would also sound rather jarring coming from a Sythod, if not making them seem downright scary.

Dwarven: The  usual language of the the contractors, at least in combat and when concerning thier employers. This also indicates most contractors know a minimum of three languages, with this, standard and thier mother tongue. Dwarven is probably thier default when they speak to anyone while at Corperate HQ just out of courtesy unless they know that person knows thier own language.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: August 21, 2012, 04:39:41 pm »

Naw, i meant, the way he said it, it sounded like she was getting MORE mace training.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: August 21, 2012, 04:45:16 pm »

Oh no. She's using a hammer made of depleted uranium just like Splint, Crusher, and Thumper.

EDIT:

Not much, but I wanted to update the timewar properly a bit. Bonus points if you know who the dead friend is. Hint: Hans cut the poor bastard open with his buzzhammer. Once more, pardon the bad grammar and such, and before you say "dialogue tags" Mr Frog, it's easy enough to follow who is saying what. Because I know how you tend to roll with my writings with that being the main issue you have with them. :P

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: August 21, 2012, 08:12:16 pm »

Ah, poor Halion. You had a date all set up and everything!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: August 21, 2012, 08:13:30 pm »

Warning: off topic

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: August 21, 2012, 08:14:44 pm »

Wat.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: August 21, 2012, 08:16:20 pm »

I was about to spray for crickets cause it's been so quiet in here.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: August 21, 2012, 08:26:35 pm »

Wat.
Yeeeup.
I so proud of her. The mayor and the council had a ceremony, she got a plaque, and her name is on the calendar. Apparently, she did a good enough job representing the town at a golf tournament that she got a day.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: August 21, 2012, 08:29:08 pm »

I don't even...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 815