Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178071 times)

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4695 on: August 21, 2012, 11:51:15 pm »

Because you're our fearless leader, and we wanna see how you interpret yourself in a drawing? That was my reason to vote.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: August 21, 2012, 11:54:54 pm »

Fearless my ass. I scared Paintbrush away and flip shit at the drop of a hat.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: August 21, 2012, 11:59:59 pm »

How does that disqualify the fearless part?

Warning: off topic
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: August 22, 2012, 03:19:30 am »

Yeah I was going to say. You seem more like the Deadpan Snarker type than the cowardly type.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: August 22, 2012, 03:42:23 am »

If Splint's the Deadpan Snarker, then what am I?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: August 22, 2012, 04:04:04 am »

This is more Splint than Splint's character.

What I know of you is that you're pretty hard to piss off, but I don't know you very well. :P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: August 22, 2012, 05:01:48 am »

Ah... Splint dashed into my room and told me I was the overseer now. Me. Reudh. Lord Reudh. I don't really know how to run such a huge fort... but dear me I must try! I WILL RULE SPEARBREAKERS WITH AN IRON FIST!

...And Splint has left me with a mountain of paperwork.

I found something interesting. Four years ago, an army dwarf by the name of Dicer murdered Rolf, a mechanic. I called Dicer to my room to ask why; she was very evasive... and as she is an integral part of Fischer's squad I do not think I should convict her. Spearbreakers needs every dwarf and she-dwarf it can muster if it needs to survive, and jailing a High Master Hammerdwarf would be foolish in the extreme. I let Dicer know that she is pardoned for now, but if she kills another dwarf, I will treat her like any other criminal and convict her accordingly.

IMG HERE OF DICER'S COLD CASE

As Dicer left my office, Splint popped his head back in.
"Oh, Reudh," he asked.
"Lord Reudh, that is to you!" I retorted.
"Reudh, seeing as how you're the overseer and I'm the mayor... could you make a backpack for me? I like backpacks."
"...Do I have to?"

Splint grinned widely. "Oh yes. I'm a noble. If I don't get my way, dwarves get hurt or incarcerated. Of course, we can never have too many backpacks. Good for the fighters if they can eat and drink on the go."

I considered for a moment before granting his mandate. It would not do to make an enemy of Splint.

Continuing my paperwork, I found that we are running low on meat as compared to the other foodstuff. While we have above two thousand usable plants, we have only have 700 or so units of meat, enough for 100 dwarves for about a year if they exclusively feed on it.
To this effect, I have ordered the death of approximately eight lambs. This should provide a decent amount.

Regarding the animals, when Rodge completes the war training of the Giant Emus (fearsome beasts they are, like nothing I've ever seen), Fischer's squad shall get an emu each as guards.

The notes on our machinery pleases me.

For the most part, an overseer called Mitchewawa has labelled each lever with extensive information about what they do; I shall find this most useful when the inevitable sieges come.
IMG OF MITCH LABEL

Fischer actually let her guard down for a second! While I've heard of her martial prowess, and equally so Draignean's, Draignean managed to move so quickly that Fischer actually (apparently, I did not see this, I heard this from reports) looked shocked!

I will keep an eye on this "Draignean" from now on, if he is so powerful as to shock Fischer.

Apparently, reports, they 'tangled together'. Perhaps something is going on there! Gossip in Spearbreakers? No, who'd've thunk it...?

(URG, my internet is not allowing uploads at the moment. I'll get the three images later.)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: August 22, 2012, 05:22:27 am »

I think I've have enough drinks for tonight. I just read that FISCHER got bested by a redshirt.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: August 22, 2012, 05:44:48 am »

NO mere redshirt, this was Draignean.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: August 22, 2012, 06:54:08 am »

Short update again:

A turkey was found dead, right next to a former dwarf, now spawn, Ashsaber's pet peahen. Is the peahen in league with the spawn?

Keeping an eye on the various uninvited guests, I was just about to mobilise the marksdwarf squad to deal with Ugeth, the flaming humanoid forgotten beast, when I found that Ugeth stopped moving. Just.... stopped. No movement. No means to attack.

It seems that Ugeth has gotten itself stuck on a towercap! The great flaming beasts sits precariously on top of the huge mushroom.

Reports claim that while Ugeth is composed of flame, it looks unable to use the flame outside of stepping on things. I intend to imprison it, then use it as an execution pit.

This may be interesting.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: August 22, 2012, 07:07:04 am »

Awesome update, Reudh! :D And I'm guessing that Draignean is apparently badass too, if he can tangle with Fischer... lol at the "cutely". :P

Just in case you missed it - try not to kill the skinless toad. It looks like you were already planning on killing off Ugeth, though I did ask you not to... :P I'm guessing you missed it - oh well, no real harm done. For future reference, Spearbreakers dwarves like adopting forgotten beasts as pets. They see them as cute and helpless in comparison to themselves. The main annoyance is housebreaking them.

Vanya's Journal, Chapter 21, Part 2
(For clarity's sake, this takes place around 3/4 of the way through Splint's reign.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:23:50 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: August 22, 2012, 07:25:32 am »

Ugeth had very nearly made it up to one of the cavern entrances. Hence why I thought it needed to be dealt with; but it's now immobilised itself, so I'm leaving it be.

I imagine it sitting there crying flame, crying out "I WON'T GO TO SPEARBREAKERS, MUM! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!" while perched precariously on a huge mushroom.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: August 22, 2012, 07:51:26 am »

I was wondering why it wasn't going inside. There's a waterway the frog can use to enter the fortress, and I advise closing it up. I personally authorize, if only for convienience sake, just capping it with an obsidian plug with DFhack. It can be ripped out and replaced with a coke wall or something later, that's what I did my my Alternate timeline because there's some kind of pterosaur roaming around too that shoots webs I think.

Also, you've portrayed Splint as somewhat out of character. Storywise He's at worst kinda.... slipping upstairs. He'd never activly threaten to hurt or imprison dwarves unless he felt them a security risk. The backpacks I just kinda see as him picking  a number out of a hat and throwing a dart at a bunch of stuff on a dartboard to see what gets made in his mandates. :P

And Draignean knocking Fischer down is a fairly common occurance, since he was one of her first troops, he's nearly as well trained as she is, but he's got a narcisism stream several hundred miles wide.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: August 22, 2012, 08:08:57 am »

And Draignean knocking Fischer down is a fairly common occurance, since he was one of her first troops, he's nearly as well trained as she is, but he's got a narcisism stream several hundred miles wide.
"Not only am I looking good today, but you've got a job to do! You can go away so I can bask in the glory of being me."

As always, I'm pretty opposed to cheating in any form, but Splint's word is law...
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: August 22, 2012, 08:16:12 am »

I just capped it with coke, but there was an opening near ugeth and it freaks me out haiving that thin near an entrance. SO I capped that one with DFHack. I'll admit to what I did where.

Entry near Ugeth: DF Hack plug. A dwarf wouldn't build the stupid cap and I was paranoid.
Fastdwarf: During initial clean-up work. Gave up and got the OK to autodump the piles of shit everywhere.
coal-bed-chiney...thing: To save FPS I put the damned thing out and plugged it up with obsidian for good measure. That thing was hurting FPS as badly as fliers do.
Stausic's corpse: Just dumped water on his body to allow burial, explained as a few dorfs putting him out.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 815