Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178917 times)

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4785 on: August 24, 2012, 09:25:59 am »

First off, I'm going to create a new thread in the modding section for the whole flamethrower mod discussion.  I brought it up in the first place expecting people to just think of things like Spawn vs. flamethrowers, not a derail on just how I would make it work.  I'll post a link for those who want to discuss the mod once the thread is made.
Ooohhhhhhhhhh, Spawn Vs Flamethrowers... Yeah, you're screwed. They'd go Sankis and kill you while on fucking fire. :D Seriously... for some odd reason, even immersing Holistic Spawn in magma does nothing more than give them bruises. They don't have fireproof tags of any kind, and they still manage that. They might not be so tough against legendary dwarves, but when it comes right down to it, they're tough as hell.

I remembered that, which is why I joked about modding them into the fort.  That is also why I said that if present in Spearbreakers 2, they should be reserved for undead hordes.  You didn't think the reason was fear they'd make fending off the spawn too easy, did you?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: August 24, 2012, 09:35:14 am »

Spawn dont bleed and therefore wont die. Burning spawn cause FPS drop due to the huge plumes of smoke. Because I didn't want to pick a fight with the resident FBs and because the damned bed was dipped in magma, I had to completely seal that chimney thing, bed and all, with obsidian. When I did, there was a good jump by about 15 FPS.

As far as cheating goes, I look at it this way:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There, we now have the way I see it. if you don't like it, stick it where it fits, because I'm flexible about stuff and understand if people don't trust thier construction projects to other overseers. besides, it can lead to hilarity of workers walking through an ambush to finish designing a road and not caring. I actually thought five or more dwarves were going to die because of that. :P

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: August 24, 2012, 11:12:25 am »

I got the thread up, feel free to talk about how it could be done there.  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115332.0

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: August 24, 2012, 12:02:21 pm »

I'm actually gonna have a journal out today! Yay!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: August 24, 2012, 12:09:13 pm »

And I'm gonna post my renition of Hans' dorf!

His beard has stains of midnight brandy, blood and dirt in it, and was at one point uncerimoniously trimmed by a spawn's claw in battle. Probably off in the extreme. I got lazy because honestly I just wanted to finish him :P

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: August 24, 2012, 12:16:42 pm »

Hehe, I like it, but I'm also pretending the pick is going through his neck. :P Good though, all we need is someone else next to him for size comparison.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: August 24, 2012, 02:34:10 pm »

The next installment!

EDIT:
Has school affected so many people? Is no one on?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:17:25 pm by Xahnel »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: August 24, 2012, 09:32:03 pm »

Not so much school so much as my sleep schedule being about 50 different kinds fo fucked up. I went to take nap earlier and just now woke up, Nice journal either way. a few bits made me laugh, which is always good.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: August 24, 2012, 09:43:48 pm »

Yay, the eight hour silence streak is broken!

Notice how much of the jorunal is about splint in some manner? I didn't mean for it to happen that way.  Because thumper and crusher are apparently as interesting as dull rocks, he's the only person she has regular interaction with. Plus he was overseer, so, he was the one making the decisions... She doesn't have many freinds, does she?

So yeah, i just remembered, no one ever enswered my questions about cacti, like, do they exist, are they harvestable, and are they brewable?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: August 24, 2012, 09:44:47 pm »

So yeah, i just remembered, no one ever enswered my questions about cacti, like, do they exist, are they harvestable, and are they brewable?
No... no... and no. Well, unless you count saguarowood. which is a tree.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: August 24, 2012, 09:45:28 pm »

DAMN YOU NINJA, I was going to answer. *Pout*
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: August 24, 2012, 09:48:06 pm »

This, however it'd entirely be possible to mod in a dwarf-cactus plant of some kind that has brewable flesh to make cactus milk.

I deliberatly made Crusher and Thumper out to be fairly dull, though it's fairly obvious Crusher is a bit skiddish when it comes to things that aren't technically alive. Besides, the way I used them frees you guys to project upon or work together to decide upon how those two really are.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: August 24, 2012, 09:51:45 pm »

How difficult is it to make plants, and if i make the raws for the cacti, can it be in number 2?

Possible story idea for 2: Armok, because he enjoyed our fort so much, returned our dwarves to life to make a new fort and entertain him further. This builds on a recent idea to have everyone in SB2 be a clone.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: August 24, 2012, 09:59:17 pm »

..... That's kind of creepy and while I like afraid as to what that may lead to. And plant/drink modding is fairly easy, as there are a few drinks in this very succession that I made myself (Midnight Brandy, Redroot Ale, Kobold Brew, Golden Blaze and Emerald Whiskey.) I also added in grapes for the human game I'm going to start, along with normal wheat to help fit the quasi-roman theme.

OFF-TOPIC

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: August 24, 2012, 10:01:13 pm »

OFF-TOPIC
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 815