Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178110 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4860 on: August 25, 2012, 10:42:26 pm »

No, just have it have something to do with Spearbreakers. I imagine that killing Spearbreakers' zombies in a first-person mode, with guts and intestines and sweet, sweet gore flying everywhere would be an awesome way to relieve stress... And just be plain fun, too. I actually kind of wish I could do it. :( Just get set down right in the middle of the 300+ zombie siege and start hacking at everything...
repeatedly...
for all eternity...
necromancers are useful sometimes.

Fischer: The Game

Rated I, or "illegal in all countries due to inhumane ways of torture, death and that creepy hospital."
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: August 25, 2012, 10:45:24 pm »

Spearbreakers INC. is not liable for the injury of those who attempt to imitate martial denistry.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: August 25, 2012, 11:52:57 pm »

wow. i missed a bit.......

can we have repeating crossbows? in otherwords, a high level crossbow with a higher speed but with requirements for all sorts of things to make. like gears. and magazines. basically, a crossbow but with even HIGHER rates of fire.

and guns. i think guns will be fun.

and vault doors. i.e. special metal doors operating off mechanisms but without getting destroyed by trolls, both in game and R.L.

and ALL sorts of fun guff.

i vote there be spawn castes, with Mr Frog at the head or the making.
who else plays Mr Frog's mods?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: August 25, 2012, 11:56:57 pm »

I've been busy trying to find the right blend of brutal and balanced with humans so I haven't really had the time to. Some of his stuff seems downright nasty at times though (the radiation mod he and Talvieno worked on spring to mind, or the Scythod.)

We do have guns planned (I've still got the raws somewhere for the weapon and ammo, if nothing else) but I have no idea if there's a way we can make the weapons fire munitions faster.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: August 26, 2012, 12:02:02 am »

hmmmm.... more damage then? but i was talking about maej fortress.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: August 26, 2012, 12:05:02 am »

I haven't really tried it yet, but I intend to. And as far as damage goes the railguns we have planned will do one of two things -

1. Shatter the bones of whatever it hits.
2. Hit the target center mass with enough force to propel it into a solid surface and explode into ludicrous gibs.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: August 26, 2012, 12:25:57 am »

At this particular moment, I think I need to load up some Total War and slaughter thousands for a little while. I'm probably not going to get a update up tonight, sorry guys. :/

>Have bad day

>DESTROY VIRTUAL PEOPLE

Best way to relieve stress ever.

>Loads up violent video game
>Can't kill enough people fast enough

DAMN YOU SKYRIM! I NEED MOAR SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

>Talking about this
>Mr. Frog logs on

IT'S THE FROG, EVERYONE DIP!

Graaagh. I just don't have the energy to browbeat everyone into behaving the way I want them to lately :-\ I still think it clogs the thread with useless crap that nobody cares about, and reflects poorly on y'all to boot, but I can't force y'all to agree with me or even care (at least not without expending disproportionate amounts of effort).

Rest assured, I still glow with fiery disapproval whenever y'all slip into Chatroom Mode. I'm just doing so silently for the time being.

I would like to point out that putting it in spoilers does not make it okay. All it does is emphasise the fact that you know you aren't supposed to be doing it yet are doing it anyways. Basically, you aren't dodging my disapproval -- you're focusing it.

Hopefully I'll have something to contribute other than ineffectual bitching sometime soon.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: August 26, 2012, 12:30:29 am »

Sometimes we need a soundboard to do some light venting, plus we're keeping the thread active. Remember that there are times this place can get utterly dead. Things just seemed to dip in and out from relavant to irrelavant at random points is all, and quite frankly derails always rerail themselves at some point. How exactly I have no idea, but we manage it.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: August 26, 2012, 01:08:10 am »

Spoiler: I'm angry now. (click to show/hide)

I get the feeling that this is going to end with at least a couple people angry at me, but I frankly couldn't care less. I feel that this has desperately needed to be said for quite a while now.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: August 26, 2012, 01:10:41 am »

Indeed. *Agrees completely* :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: August 26, 2012, 01:11:51 am »

Indeed. *Agrees completely* :/

I feel bad now. But I can't really say anything on the subject, since I myself have only popped up during derailments/nominate quotes.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: August 26, 2012, 01:14:25 am »

Eh.Probably about get full force of the rage, but ever consider that shit just happens? We all get bored from time to time, we're just killing time between updates while maintaing thread activity. I posted a link to tinychat a while back so we could shoot shit there instead, but there weren't any takers besides Hans, Paintbrush, and Talvieno. Besides, I personally don't mind it so long as it doesn't go on consequtivly for page upon page (most I've seen is a page and a half ina row with interspaced relavant stuff.) :\

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: August 26, 2012, 01:17:16 am »

Very well, Mr Frog, you've got my attention.

-Waits for the epic on-topicness-

:I

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: August 26, 2012, 01:18:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In case I'm rambling (which I have no doubt of at this point), I'm trying to say that I enjoy reading the off topic-y bits because it helps me to understand you guys better, and I find some of the off topic stuff amusing. In addition to that, the thread always tends to rerail itself (eventually).

@Hans: Have fun murdering as many (virtual) people as it takes to make you feel better :p I admittedly find it amusing to fry sims in The Sims 2/3 on occasion, but that's just me.

I'd post something relating directly to Spearbreakers at this point, but I honestly have zero questions I wanted to ask (that I can remember right now). Shame, because I wanted to say something to at least make this post a small fraction of being on topic instead of talking about being off topic (that wasn't meant to be sarcasm, either).

Oh, one thing. The last time I played my fortress, I got another artifact mug. So now I have two of the bloody things.

EDIT: I see Mr Frog ninja'd me with some fairly strong words about off topic-ness. I'm sorry if this post aggravates you further, but I'm just putting forward my opinion at this point. I don't post very much on here anyway, so...

Wish I could say something to actually help :/ I'll at least try to keep my off-topic stuff to a minimum so at least I don't irritate you. I dislike being on people's bad sides if I can avoid it.

FAKEEDIT2: I see several other people ninja'd me as well. Why do I always have to be so damn wordy that every time I try to post something in a discussion, the discussion's already ended by the time I finish?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: August 26, 2012, 01:28:56 am »

And yes I realise the irony of derailing the thread to bitch about people derailing the thread.

Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 815