Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178431 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4890 on: August 26, 2012, 03:54:50 am »

The Spearbreakers OOC IRC chat is up. I'll include a step by step intro if there are any of you who do not use IRC.

I first of all downloaded Chatzilla, a free extension for Mozilla Firefox.

Then, once it is installed and working, these steps need to be taken in order to join.

Go Chatzilla -> Preferences.
Click on the Global Settings category.
Click on the Startup tab. Scroll down that tab until you find Locations. Click Add. When the dialog box pops up, enter "irc://irc.foonetic.net/SpearbreakersOOC" without the quotation marks. Click OK, and exit Chatzilla. Then, open it again. You should automatically connect to the channel #SpearbreakersOOC. If I remember right, there should be a bot called ChanServ there keeping the channel open and unused. I'm in there at the moment.

By the way, you may wish to give yourself a nick. That's as easy as typing /nick.
Now, that's it all set up. :P

Get chattin' folks!

Actually, Dorf!Splint is Ecstatic. He's getting very pleased with the constant flow of 'Pleased to have a mandate deadline met lately'.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: August 26, 2012, 04:00:35 am »

I uh, don't use firefox and don't want to get it just for that... There a basic windows friendly version of that link?

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: August 26, 2012, 04:14:30 am »

I uh, don't use firefox and don't want to get it just for that... There a basic windows friendly version of that link?

And one for safari?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: August 26, 2012, 04:18:42 am »

@Splint, ssj:

Try looking on Wikipedia's IRC page under 'client software'. They have a list of programs for each OS.

DISCLAIMER: I have no bloody clue what I'm talking about.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: August 26, 2012, 04:25:14 am »

I don't know, as most of my IRC knowledge is around Chatzilla. There is mIRC or Mibbit though. Much the same rules apply.

mIRC is a standalone client, and Mibbit is a web based IRC client.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: August 26, 2012, 05:46:08 am »

what is wrogn with just using http://tinychat.com/dwarffortress ?

splint can you update the original post, that way it doesn't get burried in mountains or text
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: August 26, 2012, 05:53:20 am »

Oh, I made the channel so we could have a Spearbreakers only channel. It alleviates Mr Frog's pet peeve, and allows the rest of us to derail the thread without derailing the thread.

Also, I'm going to have to apologise about the quality of my updates. My internet is being atrocious at the only times I can use it, resulting in speeds of 4 - 8 kbps. D: This generally means few if any images because I can barely load any pages.

Mitch has claimed a goblin cap that I cut down. She's now on the move again, so she's likely to succeed his mood. It's going to be a mason's item, she's a mason and the first two items are gypsum.

No-Hair gave birth to a baby, who I christened Some-Hair (he has short hair). Seconds later, Geshud Gusiliteb, one of the Alpacas, gave birth too. Mitchewawa celebrates by announcing she has all she needs and she is beginning work on her mysterious construction.

Mitchewawa has completed her artifact. Once again, apologies about the lack of images, I can't even load Facebook. :/

Presenting Lomoth Cuthroz, the Tomb of Fangs, a gypsum scepter worth 15600U.

This is a gypsum scepter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with round citrine cabochons, decorated with black-cap and encircled with bands of oval gypsum cabochons, bismuth and sheep leather. This object is adorned with hanging rings of citrine.
On the item is an image of Sideclapped the raw adamantine earring in gypsum.
On the item is an image of Sideclapped the raw adamantine earring in sheep bone.
On the item is an image of Sideclapped the raw adamantine earring in goblin-cap.

Mitchewawa was very pleased. As was Splint. Splint demanded three more backpacks on top of his previous order of 3 cabinets. Also, can I replace Splint as Manager? He never gets around to anything, by virtue of his duties as a War-Noble.

Pokonic appears to be stuck. He's sitting outside, admiring the pools of mountain barbarian blood that rains from the sky, surrounded on most sides by bloody trees. Maybe he's meditating. I hope something doesn't happen that leaves him stranded... :/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:34:54 am by Reudh »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: August 26, 2012, 06:32:00 am »

Haven't read all the stuff that's been posted since last night, but I do want to say that I'm not capable of installing anything on this computer - it's not mine, and I don't have administrative access with which I can install anything. :-\   But we've been using tinychat.com/DwarfFortress for our chatting... and it's free, and doesn't require any installation. Is there a problem with using it?

I'm going to be making a story post later this morning, to explain how Vanya and Urist escaped the ring of gorlaks. :)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: August 26, 2012, 06:43:17 am »

I have discovered a hole above Softa and Ashsaber's rooms, where they howl incessantly. Is this a... execution pit? To throw down prisoners to be consumed by the spawn within?

Wow.

tinychat.com/dwarffortress is general DF chat, plus I thought IRC was more lightweight and quicker anyway. Some of us's internet connection (me) is too slow at the only times they can get on to go on Tinychat. And, there's Mibbit, which is an online IRC client anyway.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: August 26, 2012, 06:45:37 am »

You can if you like. His office must remain his though for obvious reasons.

"It's not a stupid order, we have a shitload of bedrooms lacking cabinets damn it! And no, those were the supply chutes from when they were first quarentined. Every one of the other cells has one too."

The tinychat was actually set up by Corai so those of us it concerned could plan something. Now it varies wildly from Fischer jokes, story ideas, ponies, random types of music and mention of mugs.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: August 26, 2012, 06:55:05 am »

Overseers tend to throw cavies down there as a joke... >.> And to torment Talvi. :P It's almost a running gag.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: August 26, 2012, 09:21:30 am »

Overseers tend to throw cavies down there as a joke... >.> And to torment Talvi. :P It's almost a running gag.

or war emus....
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: August 26, 2012, 09:23:48 am »

They were normal emus thank you very much.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: August 26, 2012, 09:25:30 am »

The emus themselves are almost a joke... Not in terms of fighting capability, but in how they've been used for everything but what they were meant for... and we STILL don't have nest boxes for them.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: August 26, 2012, 09:27:56 am »

An Eris related thing, what I imagine the soldiers they DO have look like. More than likely stupidly off, but I don't care, just enjoy the damn picture.

Motto means "The the shadows we strike." Well... Something to that effect anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 815