Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178409 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #4965 on: August 28, 2012, 11:59:19 pm »

Ah. Alrighty then, no big deal. Oh, and if you haven't begun trade with the humans yet, give shit away if you need to. We can always make more mugs next guy's turn.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: August 29, 2012, 12:46:16 am »

Today is the 20th of Slate. I've been overseer for a little over a month now... While wandering the fort, I noticed a particularly... beautiful bodyguard. I asked her her name, and in between the clashes of weaponry, against Mr Splint, Crusher and Thumper, she told me her name was Rose.

Oh, Rose... what a wonderful name...

Such beauty it entails...

Oh, Diary... She is so lovely. She knocked Splint over, and before he got up, she punched me in the face! I hear this is a kind of salute in Spearbreakers... but the feeling of her fist against my face was truly divine. I ignored the pain, because of the contact with Rose was just so... beauteous.

I'm not creeping you out, am I, Diary?
Here's Rose.

And, Diary... I did a drawing of her, from memory. Now, I'm not the best artist, but I feel I did a good representation of her.

Laters, Reudh

23rd Slate 208
We got some migrants, Diary!
I watched them as they came in, standing next to the veritable giant, Fischer.

There's:

Ineth Regorshar, a novice Wax Worker. I think he will be regulated to the hauling team.

Bomrek Kalurathel, a Talented Weaponsmith. Off he goes, down to the forges.

'Tahujdt' Dedukamost, a Talented Siege Engineer, with some other interesting skills. She seems to know how to fight, too. I think she should join one of the other squads. She joins 4th Squad, First Company.

Eshtan Ushrirostar, a hunter. She's not going to doing much with his skillset, so I delegated her to be another Haula.

Tulon Konosuleng, a trader. She joins the Haula team.

Rith Zulbanekir, a potash maker by trade but he also knows how to thresh. He escapes being a Haula by virtue of his Accomplished Thresher.

Ushrir Dumatneth, a blacksmith. He's a Talented Blacksmith, but he is also a Proficient Marksdwarf, a Competent Armor user, Competent Dodger and Proficient Archer. He's going down to the forges like Bomrek, but I might call him up as the head of Third Squad, Second Company.

Catten Idathavuz, a trader. Haula team!

That's all our migrants, Diary. Plus two reindeer calves, a goat kid, and a keet. A stray deer wandered in too.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:02:14 am by Reudh »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: August 29, 2012, 12:53:27 am »

Check the OP. We have someone awaiting a military dorf.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: August 29, 2012, 01:04:34 am »

Yeah, just saying, if that picture is based on her in game description, i ignored that for her. There is a picture of her somewhere in the thread, my official pic. I forget where it is... But splint said he saved it, in case of arts. If he could do me the favor of posting it?

Also, i'm getting a hilarious creepy stalker vibe. Does dorf reudh look like your avatar? Cause that mask would do his character justice. Excellent update. And Splint wanted to murderface the elf diplomat himself, with fischer murderizing the caravan.

EDIT: Preview!

"Draignean's stupidity and facial numbness seems to be spreading. I decked the new overseer today, just cause i wanted to, and he just gave me googly eyes. I'm gonna have Halen keep an eye on this guy, with strangling hand at the ready. I don't think I'm gonna like him very much."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:11:00 am by Xahnel »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: August 29, 2012, 06:32:44 am »

Such a low FPS? Well, my computer's rather old and has a slowish processor (2.0Ghz dual core, of which DF can utilise 1Ghz.)
That's not how multicore processors work, actually...

I like C.R.O.W.. Another acronym for our TVTropes page! :D And hooray on the update. I noticed you didn't include any of the non-update things you've informed us of, like the ravens... Is that coming in a later update, or were you not planning on putting that in, as you talked about it in an out-of-character semi-update? If so, that may cause some problems for me with linking, the front page, and the pdf.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: August 29, 2012, 06:37:05 am »

My sweet's fist has left an impression on me...

Oh, glorious day. She reminded me that she had to go spar, and so I hopped up. After all, if the wonder that is Rose is working, so too should I.

Looking at my paperwork, I see this. It shocks me somewhat.

• Order me to kill the Elven Diplomat, Ilu Lalalavera - Splint

Shakily, I give the order. Splint grins, chases the elf around, and I have a horrid feeling he's going to take as long as he likes to kill her. I don't like elves... But brutal, slow murder of a female? I imagine for a second that it is Rose Splint is chasing, and I break down.

"Fischer, go help Splint."
Fischer nods, neither pleased or unpleased, and her squad rush in with a cry of "For Spearbreakers!"

Splint hasn't even laid a hand on the elf before Fischer's squad engages her.

Splint walks up to me. He is not pleased.

"I wanted that kill, Reudh."
"...Lord Reudh, that is!"
"I'll call you whatever I want. You let Fischer's squad get there while I was still chasing the blasted elf. I needed that kill."
"I... I saw you were going to hurt her... and for a second I thought it was Rose. It... it coloured my decision."

I gasp, for I just revealed to Splint the depth of my infatuation with the special flower of my heart...

"Here's an idea, Reudh. Go for a walk. Look at all the mangled corpses. Spawn, barbarian, dwarf, goblin. There's a lot out to get us. We need to keep ourselves safe. And if that means we need to sharpen our pikes on an elf's head, then so be it. Elves are the least of our worries."

"I..."

"And if you still feel worried about the filthy elven bitch, make a slab for her. Put it up in the front of Spearbreakers, a place where all who enter can read it and remember how much you love elves."

"I am guilty of no such thing!"

"Even if your deluded love for Rose directed you to order Fischer's squad to move in... Even if you were merciful, what would happen if you let your love for Rose colour your decisions in combat? It could cost us all dearly. What would've happened if the Spawn had attacked when Fischer and the others were dealing with Iru? We would've been sunk."

"I... I am sorry, Splint. It won't happen again."

"It better not, Reudh. If we die as a result of your incompetence, I'll be sure to extract every bit of pain from you before we die."

Splint stalked out of the room, leaving on the verge of tears, with the mangled corpse of Iru.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: August 29, 2012, 06:42:05 am »

Oh, heh. Talvi, I might work them into a proper update if I can find them at the end of / during my turn, if that is what you wish. They're minor-updates OOC, but it's a smallish task to make them in character. (I could probably do that Friday.)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: August 29, 2012, 06:55:41 am »

Should've waited until the elf was in my room and locked the doors. One of  my guards in my copy of the save hit her hard enough to get her stuck on a statue. ANd grand update Reudh. Glad to see you're plugging away at it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: August 29, 2012, 07:12:31 am »

16th Felsite 208

Is Splint a bloody prophet or something?

I hear horns in the distance... A dwarf sprints into the room with me and Iru's corpse, and screams "They are upon us! They come in great numbers!"

"...Who come!?" I shout.

"The goblins!" he screams, then flees to the safety of the deep fort.

Scouts report a middling range contingent of about 20 goblins and 5 trolls. They come in four groups, two from the southwest, one from the northeast and one from the north. I recall the instructions on my desk and pull a lever one named Mitchewawa instructed me to in times of disaster.

I call everyone indoors and place First, Second and Third squads at the entrance, ready to defend Spearbreakers should Mitch's device fail.

A troll lumbers forward into Spearbreakers Road, and meets the squads.

"ARSTRUK!" it screams, as it lumbers straight into the arms of Pokonic, Feb, Fervus, Paintbrushturkey, Jack Magnus, Soulslicerjames, Litar and Hakah. I can only assume its name is Arstruk. Two more trolls meet their end.

((I'll leave it here, as a nasty little cliffhanger. HEHEHEHE. I'll finish this tomorrow, or on Friday. ))

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: August 29, 2012, 07:17:49 am »

What the hell, is 1st incapable of fighting things that will actually die from bloodloss and head trauma alone?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: August 29, 2012, 07:22:29 am »

What the hell, is 1st incapable of fighting things that will actually die from bloodloss and head trauma alone?

Heh, it'd seem that way. They seemed to hang back for a second and then went to engage the trolls.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: August 29, 2012, 07:25:21 am »

I'm quite frankly insulted to be honest. These are goblins. 1st can kill them as it stands. hold back 2nd unless you plan on sending them after the seperate groups. Also expect zombies, likely a leaderless mob.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: August 29, 2012, 08:40:42 am »

just send one dwarf out there by himself, they'llbe fine...
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: August 29, 2012, 08:45:08 am »

just send one dwarf out there by herself, she'll be fine...
fixed.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: August 29, 2012, 09:11:31 am »

Oh good lord, reudh. XD He sure aren't gonna get her attention that way. Following her around will only make her wanna beat him. And now Splint knows. Wonder if he'll tell her what our dear Overseer said?
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 815