Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178205 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5025 on: August 31, 2012, 08:38:18 am »

This is what it looked like when I unpacked it in a fresh Phoebus install. :P

I'm going to revert it if you wish at the end of my turn.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: August 31, 2012, 08:40:39 am »

I have no idea how graphic sets work and quite frankly I can't tell what the hell is what most of the time with them because I don't think they were designed with smaller monitors in mind.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: August 31, 2012, 08:41:36 am »

I thought it was Phoebus - I used to use it before I worked myself into using standard DF graphics.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: August 31, 2012, 08:45:19 am »

Standard ASCII gives me a migraine because of the sharp colours. Mayday and Phoebus don't seem to. I might start using Mr Frog's personal one, because that's kinder on the eyes.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: August 31, 2012, 08:49:01 am »

well if you guys feel like making small talk the link to the tiny chat is on the OP.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: August 31, 2012, 09:03:44 am »

I'm going to have to pass - I'll be getting off before too much longer, and I have some PMs and emails I need to reply to.

On Mr Frog's texture pack: I've used it before, though briefly. It's great - seriously. lol   I don't think he ever half-does anything - he went all-out on it.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: August 31, 2012, 10:08:32 am »

I'm only about 15 pages into the thread so I apologize if this question has already been answered.

Do non fortress residents that get wounded and not killed by the spawn transform? Caravan guards, goblins, elven merchants, puppies...?

Also, if there are dwarfable dwarves left I'd love a spot as Varn. If there is an option, preferably a Hammerdwarf that does architecture on the side.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: August 31, 2012, 10:11:37 am »

If it's a dwarf then yes it will become a spawn, though there's a chance they won't; seems about a 1 in 5 chance or something to that effect, unless you save and reload later, in which case the affected WILL turn eventually. Othwerwise no. Goblins, humans and such are safe, aside from the massive hemorraging and limb loss that happens when a spawn bites something in general.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: August 31, 2012, 10:26:09 am »

Awesome, thanks.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: August 31, 2012, 10:26:54 am »

Draconik's Log : Aftermath
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[Priorty-One Message, Omega Level Encryption] [Message Incepted] [Orgin... Draconik Sankis Head of Parasol's Bio-Weapons Division Lab Six... Destination... ... PDA beloning to... ... Colonel Fischer... ... Decrypting...]

(Ninja'd three times) (edit) [Looks like you all were busy while I was away, also looks like World War Three occured, or as we call it here at Spearbreakers, Lunch.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:05:28 pm by Draconik_Sankis »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: August 31, 2012, 10:43:44 am »

I don't like the implication of Fischer being  an agent from any of the other entities involved here. SHe's a founder and a veteran of the Vampiric Wars and as such has no connection with any of them aside from ballpoint and that's just from interactions with the mercs she may have had that have been floating around the fortress.

She won't have any kind of electronic gear. Sorry to burt your bubble but I'd prefer she remain a regular (With that term being applied loosely given the shit she's managed to survive) Soldierdorf.

I say this not to be a party pooper or anything but making her an agent of some kind just seems to detract from her as she is within the rest of the narrative now.

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: August 31, 2012, 10:58:15 am »

*Edited* Note added to orginal, sorry for Confusion, I shall now return to my work of creation FS-1, also I have just started reading the PDF verison of this epicness.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:24:27 pm by Draconik_Sankis »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: August 31, 2012, 11:01:36 am »

Ooooohhhhh Ok. A note or something would have been nice, cause the implication was contrary to that. And at the rate things are going some of the Dwarves may be going after the BT mercs instead because of the problems they're starting to cause.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: August 31, 2012, 12:28:44 pm »

Awesome stuff, Draconik. :) I've been wondering where you'd gone, and hoping you'd show back up. I did reach a bit by implying your dwarf was in hiding... hope I didn't mess any of your plot up by doing so. :( An important note, though: Wari isn't dead ingame, but I did have it appear that she's dead in the story... For the moment, in the story, she's just out of sight... but I think it's completely possible that Draconik wouldn't know that.

And good idea for making Count Splint force the Ballpointers to finally leave... I hadn't been able to come up with a suitable reason. :P Count Splint would almost definitely send them packing if they attacked Fischer (even if they just got their asses kicked from it, which seems likely).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: August 31, 2012, 12:34:48 pm »

Send them packing? They'd be lucky if Fischer let any of them live since it's pretty much implied they had to leave thier railguns behind to blend at least a little with the time period. :P

Plus swinging on Fischer means there's probably going to be nine or more other soldiers around plus at any given time half the population is armed, soooooooooo good luck escaping Contractors!
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 815