Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178720 times)

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5175 on: September 06, 2012, 02:56:35 pm »

UPDOOT to my journal, as I feel like it.
Tomio en route to Spearbreakers, god help him.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note, it's ALL one of my crazy wazy theories, as Tomio is obsessed with the spawn and wants one as a pet. Anyway, if I ever get to the fortress, I will introduce the fort to my companion, and they won't like my companion (NOT the spawn). Not one tiny little bit.
EDIT: Except maybe Mr (no period since I value my life) Frog.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: September 06, 2012, 03:23:13 pm »

Purestrain Spawn: Spawn desended directly from the Detective herself, AKA noninfected spawn. For intents and purposes soulless monsters as far as dwarves are concerned. They know what they are and quite frankly don't give a shit in the slightest.

Infected Spawn: Ashsaber and Softa are examples of this. Spawn that resulted from a dwarf being bitten and unable to fight of the infection. It is currently theorized by dwarven religious leaders (and some of the more devout biologists) that thier souls may remain trapped in thier now corrupted body.

Stangely enough that journal could probably be used as a crude template of playable spawn civ.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: September 06, 2012, 03:31:32 pm »

Purestrain Spawn: Spawn desended directly from the Detective herself, AKA noninfected spawn. For intents and purposes soulless monsters as far as dwarves are concerned. They know what they are and quite frankly don't give a shit in the slightest.

Phone snipsnap.

Stangely enough that journal could probably be used as a crude template of playable spawn civ.
Disregard Armok, acquire destruction of enemies.
Anyway, it wouldn't be very fun without frequent interference of either Dwarves, humans or non-wood-restricted elves, as Spawn are way too powerful.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: September 06, 2012, 04:49:03 pm »

Whoa... Spawn classes just became canon. :o Armok save us all.

I'm badly wanting to mod all our spawn ideas in at some point. :D
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: September 06, 2012, 06:14:25 pm »

Here's an idea I just had regarding how we fit in to the canon of Headshoots and Syrupleaf.

Remember how they said that after Syrupleaf went down, there were other nations that tried to put up a resistance?

Perhaps Spearbreakers is one of them. Of course, there's still the issue that the epilogue says that they all went down in a matter of months, but we're here fine after eight years. Also, I haven't seen any spawn yet.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: September 06, 2012, 06:23:28 pm »

Hi, we've set the spawn up as invaders from overseas. I'm glad to see you never read that at all.

(Sorry man but it just seems like more and more people are disregarding the OP and other things pertaining to how everything fits together and it's been pissing me off to no end.)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: September 06, 2012, 06:32:33 pm »

Not disregarding. Not everyone has infinite time to spend on DF.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: September 06, 2012, 06:35:35 pm »

Has nothing to do with the game but it seems alot of people don't bother to read is what I'm saying. Sorry if I came off as overly hostile.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: September 06, 2012, 07:18:02 pm »

Alright, I will correct myself.

Not everyone has lots of time to spend on DF and the Forums. These days, my involvement with the forums is basically just checking up on my favourite threads.

And yeah, you came off pretty hostile. Yes, I've read the OP. No, I am not disregarding it. I've just got a bloody lot to read for uni, and I had to shunt something out of my head. :P

Anyway, sorry for that grumble there.

I'm writing the update now.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: September 06, 2012, 07:20:06 pm »

Too much free time: The result of not being a good employee in a country dominated by service industries I don't have the people skills or patience for and not being able to start school until well into september.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: September 06, 2012, 08:25:12 pm »

Alright, diary. Here's the latest update. I've kinda neglected you, lately... but it's been all good. I have been getting a rose quartz cut for... Rose. Hehe.

It's the 11th Malachite 208. I'm about halfway through my reign.

Yes, you saw that right, everyone. Fischer has started singing to her helmet.
A dog was found dead, bitten to death by its compatriots. It's a little crowded down in the animalhouse.
Bloodeyes has managed to find all he needed and he's begun his construction. I wonder what it'll be?

Most interesting of all, some MIGRANTS came!

There are:
Adil Desorlolor, an engineer who can also fight. She's going in Tun's Third Squad Company Two.

Limul Namled, a fish cleaner. He joins his wife Adil in Company Two.

Onul Rilemeral, a shearer, and a shoddy one at that. She makes number four in Company Two.

Ezum Basenlorbam, a potash maker of ill repute. He makes number five in Company Two.

'Tomio' Lilarlibash, a planter. His skills are needed, and so he escapes the army or being a Haula.

Ast Astcatten, an animal dissector of poor skill. No combat skills either, and he's weak, so he is a Haula.

BREAKING NEWS: Bloodeyes finished his artifact. It's a lignite millstone, named Orudesh Shetbethshethel, or Largeskinned the Twinkling Serpent.

I'm building a new barracks for Third Squad Second Company to train in on their off times. I'm also building a new refuse stockpile on the first floor.

Mincer and Uvash just had another kid, called Tobul. They've nicknamed him Musher. Mincer is beside himself with joy.

While checking up on what jobs the dwarves were doing, I found someone 'Hunting for a small creature'. What on earth?
I assume someone's very hungry, but we've got pretty good food sources.

It's Aira.
Turns out she was accidentally convicted for a cold case... by my hand. I ordered her freed, but no one has seen fit to give her food or drink for nearly a month now. I fear she's hanging on by a thread.

Whoops.

((And wow, the disappearing text bug didn't kick in for once!))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:36:11 pm by Reudh »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: September 06, 2012, 08:33:37 pm »

Expanding the army I'm guessing? And at least he didn't flip shit. The last thing we need is more fatalties the way things went before.

Taking all bets on the enemy attacking again soon.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: September 06, 2012, 08:37:46 pm »

We only need so many shearers, milkers and potash makers. :P

If they had combat skills; army. if they didn't: haula.
Tomio's the only one of the new migrants to avoid either fate, as he had Proficient Planter or some such skill.

16th Malachite 208

Today I went to Rose's room. She's so beautiful when she sleeps...

It brought a tear to my eye. I went to see if the gem is back from the shop yet... and it is still sitting there, pretty, but not pretty enough, as no one has seen fit to cut it!

There was the oddest sensation when I went into Rose's room. It felt kind of oppressive in there... a little worrying, but I was able to ignore it at the sight of my beauty.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:44:28 pm by Reudh »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: September 06, 2012, 09:04:44 pm »

I advise ripping and reinstalling the chain so we can hopefully save Aira, as I recall she's a player's dorf.

And now for something random.

And now for some bordom writing.

This is a elk bird leather bound journal. It's spine is decorated with elk bird horn and the cover is adorned with a great chevron of iron. The name on the front reads only the name 'Dauros' underneath it reading 'The Old Legend'. The pages are frayed in places but it's steel carry-chain and cover have kept remarkably well. You flip through the pages, finind mostly what appear to be personal accounting logs, supply and duty rosters and a veryu large number of drawings, some humerous some.... distubingly realistic. You finally find what appears to be a normal entry and decide to read it.

11th Malachite, 208. Downtime between morning drills and breakfast.

Got word of some new meat showin' up on our territory. Fischer had me and Mincer grab a few cartloads of armor and weapons, and had Jack haul up a crate of journals. Said Overseers orders, so I guess that means he's expanding the army as planned. Never seen Mincer so happy, and when I asked Jack about it he said the man just got told he's apady A DADDY again. Stupid quill. Good for him.

We wheeled the carts up to the main gate and Splint was there with Overseer Reudh (queer fellow that Reudh. Insists on being called lord despite not being of noble birth or promotion,) getting everyone's names and skills down. Evidently we got a few convicts shipped to us according to some Potash maker named Ezum. Some woman named Adil walked up and said she was supposed to get her kit from me and Mincer. Handed her a pike and told her "Welcome to Spearbreakers, ma'me, the fortress where dreams become nightmares!" Bitch laff laughed at me like I was kidding. Mincer gave her her armor, a rather fetching tin flask and a field pack, Jack her journal and we sent her on her way to await assignment. Did the same for the lot of them that came to us before Splint gave us the signal to pack it in. He and Reudh went into his office to finalize getting a third squad running for 2nd Company. Must involve alotta papper paperwork.

There was one really wird wierd fellow mixed in there though... Dressed like one of them biologists from back in the mountainhall. Somethin' seemed.... off about him. Can't really put my finser finger on it.

Bah, there's the drums. Back to training I guess.

----

I figure I may as well start writing journals for other NPCs for shits and giggles. Dauros has issues with spelling.

Paintbrushturkey

• Bay Watcher
  • BWHAHAHAHA - No, we're perfectly same, aren't we?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: September 06, 2012, 09:05:56 pm »

see i'm a fan of if they have skills, ARMY, if they don't ARMY

if they survive long enought without skills they will get them... eventually :-D
Some People are like Slinkies. Not really good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 815