Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178200 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5220 on: September 07, 2012, 08:47:44 pm »

Reudh, good update. Most likely she made the hair brooch from her own hair, but feel free to make dorf reudh think she's stalking him. Keyword "think". Rose isn't anywhere near his level of affection.

I thought it'd be amusing to have the tables turned on him for once, even if Rose isn't even stalking him. She probably made it out of her own hair, but is happy to let him think it's his hair.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: September 07, 2012, 08:51:54 pm »

I've still grown to consider Rose, with Halen's occasional assistance, the fortress troll. And not in the ugly building wrecker sense. :P

Hey, I'm allowed to poke fun at things the same as you guys are allowed to poke fun at my hyperserious ass.

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: September 07, 2012, 11:01:50 pm »

[trying to read through massive text walls] AaaH AH AAAAAH AAAaah the science fiction... so... hard... brain hurts... THE METAPHYSICS (said in the tone of 'Oh, the humanity!').

[finds Talvieno's Spearbreakers.doc] aahhhh that's better.
Quote from: Neil Gaiman
George R.R. Martin is not your b****.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: September 07, 2012, 11:54:18 pm »

I've still grown to consider Rose, with Halen's occasional assistance, the fortress troll. And not in the ugly building wrecker sense. :P

Hey, I'm allowed to poke fun at things the same as you guys are allowed to poke fun at my hyperserious ass.
Think this all you like. Rose and Halen's true potential shall soon be revealed.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: September 07, 2012, 11:56:18 pm »

Yeah yeah just no absurd incidents if she fights the contractors. Even with Halen only so much can be accomplished aginast 4+ extremly skilled enemies.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: September 08, 2012, 12:21:07 am »

Her main limitation is her low endurance to having energy drained from her body at the levels Halen needs to maintain his combat support role. Once she starts using him, she has minutes before she has to run or faint. Of course, a lot of damage can be done in a few minutes when the shadows fight for you. Don't worry, I'm being kept in check.

Barely. ;)

On another note, if the game had magic, I'd wanna get Rose's gem associated with an element. Prolly fire. Then i could name it something cool. Oh well. Heh, I could prolly still name it something cool just 'cause  it's fun.

How does Rose Heart of Flame sound?

Preview of more journal:
"I got a gift today, journal. It's an absolutely gorgeous piece of Rose quartz, and apparently our overseer had it cut just for me. I think I might re-evaluate his position of 'creepy guy who won't leave me alone'."

Oh yeah, Talvieno, messages.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: September 08, 2012, 12:30:19 am »

The Adamantine Cross in  a soldier's box of personal possessions: A gold flask, some loose sheets of paper/parchemnt, a strange little jewlery box (the grey box in the middle,) a journal, and some coins. You get three guesses to figure out who's personal lockbox this is.

An abandoned civil defense medal. laying amdist dried blood on the cracked shale of the fortress. (this one is older by about two months. Finished the adamantine cross tonight/ this morning.)

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: September 08, 2012, 12:36:22 am »

Fischer? Splint? Jack Magnus?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: September 08, 2012, 12:40:28 am »

First guess was correct. She seems the least likely to display her awards except for formal occasions. I imagine Draignean would go into battle with every single one pined to him somewhere (and over time probably enough medals to count as a suit of armor, some of them probably not really medals.)

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: September 08, 2012, 01:01:16 am »

Honestly... I would love to see a journal from Fischer. She feels like she's getting Flanderized, and I'm curious about just who our champion is when she's alone, when there is no need to act the commander. Who is Fischer? Who is the person beyond the kill count and the combat badassery?

I'm getting inspired... Perhaps it is time for the Diary of Fischer, as written by... Who?

Perhaps all of us...

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: September 08, 2012, 03:47:11 am »

Aussieevil's lab journal
The bloodcatching mugs have certainly proved fruitful. Still searching for vermin to experiment on, so I will begin researching physical properties of blood. If interrogated by the Overseer or one of his designates asks, I will tell them that it's research for a cure for Spawnism -- telling them of my true intentions would be damaging for my career.

Will venture down into lower levels to collect the local flora tomorrow; I may be approaching the perfect blend for my pipe...
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: September 08, 2012, 06:59:24 am »

How does Rose Heart of Flame sound?

Preview of more journal:
"I got a gift today, journal. It's an absolutely gorgeous piece of Rose quartz, and apparently our overseer had it cut just for me. I think I might re-evaluate his position of 'creepy guy who won't leave me alone'."

Interesting note: one of the etymologies of the word Rose as a name came from the proto-German word Rohesse, which was a male name, translating as 'flame kin' or 'child of the flame'. It was a name given to a child one expected to be a warrior.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: September 08, 2012, 07:45:28 am »

"Heart of Flame" reminds me of Titanic for some reason...
And Rose is evil. :P     (will later be explained )

I don't think any of us should write Fischer's journal. For one, she's an NPC, and doesn't belong to anybody; two, she doesn't seem like the journal-keeping type (except for a kill list, so she might use up her "journals" faster than the average dwarf); and three, none of us could do her justice. I imagine reading her words without permission would probably kill you on the spot.
She's not really getting Flanderized. I said recently that she still feels for her old friend, Softa, and a while back I noted that she visits Ashsaber and Softa regularly. She's friendly towards dorf!Splint, and sympathetic for his loss (from the game). She gets jumpy in dark spaces (from Splint). She's battle-hardened, but she's very caring towards those who are close to her. Also... she likes children. which I find interesting. Now, though, I do get why you seemed to disapprove of my last story post. I'm still completely against somebody writing a journal entry from her. I think it would ruin her character. If anybody did, I'd probably ignore that it ever existed, and refuse to take it into canon... unless it menaced with spikes of brilliance. I doubt any of us possess writing skills of that magnitude.
Also, I can't imagine Fischer sitting down with a pencil and going, "Dear Diary..."

SolPyre - great to see you back! And glad to hear you found the PDF/Doc. It's just five short of 100 downloads now. And I'm going to have to be updating it soon... I have another month's worth of stuff to put into it. oy.

Aussieevil... I like how your dwarf went from "Hmm, I need a smoke and a mag" to "MMMMMM.... blood."
I think your dwarf may actually be a vampire. The last of his kind...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:07:33 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: September 08, 2012, 07:46:58 am »

I'm going to do more propaganda posters, anyone got any requests/ideas?
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: September 08, 2012, 08:01:17 am »

I have three. will PM them to you.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 815