Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178797 times)

soulslicerjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5265 on: September 09, 2012, 03:36:33 pm »

And yeah... I really don't think Fischer would've written an infodump, as I said before. Even for the greenies. Honestly, I see Draignean more of a teacher than Fischer:
"Listen up, newbies. Let me relate to you the tale of when I tackled the Holistic Spawn King singlehandedly."
"Pop quiz! Everyone list my favorite ten kills, in order. I've provided you with more than enough information."

Why does this remind me of a certain Harry Potter character?  I thought he was originally described by Draegnean as being Zapp Branigan as a dwarf.

Not a terrible journal entry, I suppose.

Hey, it's not like most journal entries are exciting in real life.  Entries in my dwarf's journal That I don't type up would basically be "nothing happened today.  Again.  I'm going back to training."  The only reason I had the last two entries be consecutive was due to there was no time for him to make any in between them.

I like the idea of the military coup. I'd love for things to move along with Rose first before Reudh is deposed. :P

How far into the year is Galena?  I'm sure that there's enough time.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: September 09, 2012, 03:38:45 pm »

I found how Jack named his axe amusing.

"Lets see here.... And slip one is.... Chance. And Slip two is.... Fin. Chancefin it is."

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: September 09, 2012, 04:24:33 pm »

See now, Reudh getting deposed wouldn't inhibit any possibilities since Rose isn't totally sane, but for now, everything is up in the air. There is an invisible test going on in my own mind, and it has to be passed before any choice is made. Someone might come out of left feild and pass that test. Just remember, a race isn't won until someone passes the finish line.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: September 09, 2012, 04:44:21 pm »

I know, I know. :P

I'd just like a definitive end to the Rose and Reudh story by the end of my reign, which should be relatively soon.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: September 09, 2012, 05:06:05 pm »

10th Galena, 208.

I hadn't been topside in some time due to a lack of battles to watch, so Reudh asked me to come and see him atop Talvi's old walkway tower. Said he had "A special present" or some nonsense. I had Rose accompany me since Crusher and Thumper were sparring. I should really have Talvi make her something nice from that spare rose gold we have. She said she likes the stuff, so.... bah. Now's not the time to be thinking of that Splint. Anyway, went with him up to the tower and he directed me to something. "Stove." I said flatly. "Stove? That's not- GAH!!! YOU BLITHERING IDIOTS! IT WAS SUPPOSED TO READ STOVA!!" Is what Reudh shouted down at a couple of workers putting on the finishing touches. I was about to bash him off the tower with my hammer and hope he wound up in the hospital with Sus' cousin but I was able to make out the workers flipping him off and it cooled my anger somewhat. The poor fool was utterly speechless when we heard one yell "Spell it right on tha schematics next time then yeh damned fool!" As much as I wanted to follow through with my desire, I think being blatently insulted by other citizens was punishment enough.

19th Galena, 208.

Mincer's family has been acting... Strangly as of late. Since the goblin was brought to justice Mincer himself is behaving abnormally well humored considering his youngest child was murdered in front of his wife. Uvash is similarly behaving oddly... Pokonic and Paintbrush said they saw her wandering about calling for Musher... It's rather... Chilling. Haunting even. We may need to find some way to help thier mental health, as this can't be a good sign.

20th Galena, 208.

I finally broke down and had one of the smiths make something nice for Rose. It'll be sort of practical, a rose gold bracer with iron and wool padding inside.I asked for a second, but they said they couldn't spare any more or else the stock keepers would notice. Not being one to abuse my new power too greatly, I told them I understood and took the finished one. I'd say well crafted. Not too bad, not too great. Once I have a jewler take a crack at this thing it should work as a nice gift for her. Also as a thanks for thier willingness to stick out this training program, I've sent Crusher, Thumper and Rose a barrel of booze of thier preference, which they've hopefully found by now. Afterall, one must keep thier bodyguards in one's own corner. I've been hearing... Things from Fischer. The Army is beginning to think Reudh doesn't know what he's doing in his employment of them, what with one man dead and another crippled. Personally I think Sus II should be assigned to a sort of reserve unit, so even those who can't march anymore will feel they still have a place.

And besides that, it is foolish to discount an enemy because he can't walk. Many a soldier and adventurer in history knows of this from expierence.

Following these entries appears to be a crude drawing of some pattern and a scorpion, along with a personal note.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: September 09, 2012, 06:06:19 pm »

I forgot, do weapon names increase with the more kills they build up, like dwarven names do?
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: September 09, 2012, 06:16:17 pm »

Not that I'm aware of.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: September 09, 2012, 11:08:30 pm »

Splint, this bracer purely for story, or is Reudh making it for you in the game?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: September 09, 2012, 11:14:32 pm »

Story. Can't make bracers though I'd imagine they'd be counted as shields or part of body armor.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: September 09, 2012, 11:48:02 pm »

Ah, okay. Too bad... Lemme guess, it's an analog for the green computer on real!rose's arm?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: September 10, 2012, 12:02:48 am »

If you wanna think about it like that sure. It just popped into my head when iw rote the journal.

Frizzil

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer, Guitarist, and Squirrel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: September 10, 2012, 03:23:43 am »

If I may direct a pointed question to Hanslanda:

Y U NO FINISH STORY?!?

I just scanned 100 pages of this thread hunting for closure :(

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: September 10, 2012, 05:48:28 am »

I'm loving the way Reudh is developing. :D

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: September 10, 2012, 06:27:54 am »

Awesome journal entry, Jack Magnus. :P He isn't quite as wordy as you described him, I don't think, but I greatly enjoyed reading that entry. And yours, too, Splint. :) Especially the part where the workers were flipping off Reudh - I got a kick out of that. lol    So... Reudh is the creepy stalker who everybody in their right mind hates? I think I already vaguely implied that V disliked him, too.

If I may direct a pointed question to Hanslanda:

Y U NO FINISH STORY?!?

I just scanned 100 pages of this thread hunting for closure :(
Sorry about how you had to scan 100 pages or so, Frizzil. Here's a link that'll help you out next time. You can also get to it from the second post on the first page of this thread.

Hanslanda had some RL issues, and there were some in-thread issues as well... I haven't seen him around much for a while. :( I hope he's coming back at some point, but I don't really have any way of knowing if he will or not. I do know, though, that he just didn't feel like writing anymore. I continued his story (with his permission) in my V/Vanya story posts, but unfortunately I couldn't include everything. At some point during Splint's reign I think he might have gone back to his Baron's fortress (he's a military liaison, after all) and come back later with permission to stay at Spearbreakers - this partially helping him avoid the Ballpoint contractors that Count Splint had hired.

I need to keep working on the V entries... I've been slacking off about it. :-\ I just haven't really felt as into it recently.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:23:17 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: September 10, 2012, 08:52:12 am »

The muses will do thier thing in good time. No need to be stressing about it. And I'd say given in recent years the death toll has been limited to nonexistant, the fact dorf!Reudh got a worker and a soldier killed and another soldier crippled for life and another worker convicted for a murder she didn't commit dying in the prison.... I'd say his administration isn't very popular.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 815