Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2178214 times)

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5280 on: September 10, 2012, 01:17:16 pm »

Yeah, I was expecting I would end up making him a bit more long winded as well. I think part of it is because I haven't really written anything that could be considered creative in a long time, so I didn't really know what to do.

And Talvi, don't worry about consistently putting out entries. No need to force yourself to do it for our benefit, just relax and let the creativity come when it wants to. Unless your muses are lazy assholes like mine, in which case you may need to use some strong words to get them moving again :p

... And I somehow completely missed the workers giving Reudh the finger in Splint's journal entries. That gave me a good giggle.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I checked Hans' profile. He's been active on the forum, just not on this topic. Hope you come back soon, Hans :) And I hope that whatever RL issues you're having clear up soon.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:19:40 pm by Jack Magnus »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: September 10, 2012, 06:57:05 pm »

If I may direct a pointed question to Hanslanda:

Y U NO FINISH STORY?!?

I just scanned 100 pages of this thread hunting for closure :(

Ugh. This is a good question. I'm still not sure why I haven't written another update. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: September 10, 2012, 07:19:45 pm »

This is entirely long overdue.

Hans and Urist: Not Dead Yet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: September 10, 2012, 07:34:44 pm »

muhaha
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: September 10, 2012, 09:18:49 pm »

Ah, absence is explained. They'll see many a strange thing when they come back I guess. Or at least hear about what happpens when  you give the Spearbreakers Army a reason to slap your shit.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: September 10, 2012, 09:29:52 pm »

Whoa. I only had them gone for half a year. :-\ This makes things interesting... I'm not quite sure how to explain that...    unless you have something else up your sleeve, of course.

And Splint knows about Vanya now? Ooh... interesting... I wonder how I can use this...    Great post, Hanslanda. :) Nice to see you back again.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: September 10, 2012, 09:31:06 pm »

Vanya has been listed as a mason on the population census for some time now. Remember the mason the contractors were allegedly harrasing? :3

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:56 pm »

Hmmm... good point. Somehow I never thought of that little fact. :P    And yeah... I don't think I quite got that when I read it. I just figured she stayed locked up in Mr Frog's room for most of the year.

edit: that last part sounds wrong.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: September 10, 2012, 09:36:11 pm »

Yes, it does. And I'd imagine nobody would even bat an eyelash at Vanya at this point. Elf raised by dwarves? We've seen Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay stranger things in the besotted miserable little base.

For example

Spawn astride war bears and bringing badgers and dingos into battle with them.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: September 10, 2012, 09:40:24 pm »

Excellent update, Hansie... I have no idea what the hell's going on in the plot anymore, but it's nicely-written, except for a few minor mechanical oddities.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: September 10, 2012, 11:22:32 pm »

So that's where they went. Many adventures must follow! Urist and Hans must return soon, with many stories for their fellow fort members.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: September 10, 2012, 11:38:27 pm »

Thanks all.

@Talvi: Eh, I wasn't sure how long. But I have some ideas as far as how to overcome this. It shall be good, I promise. :P

@Mr Frog: Okay... This update is supposed to take place right AFTER Vanya: Despair, pretty much immediately after Dwarven Discord, give or take a couple days/weeks. Since it's been so long since I updated, I would assume most people are in a different part of the plot, so I'll do a quick recap so it makes sense:

Vanya, Urist and Hans just raided Ballpoint HQ for the PEAs. Urist and Hans fought a scad of Ballpointers while Vanya was stealing the PEA and flirting with Halion because she thought Urist was flirting with Ugly Commander What's-Her-Name. Which he was, but then he choked her unconscious, so it hardly counts. :P Ahem. They returned to Spearbreakers, whilst arguing over the whole flirting thing. They recoalesce in the presence of a perplexed Busta!Frog Clone!Frog, and after he gets what he wants from them, Vanya freaks out on Urist and accidentally tells her she loves him. Urist is dumbstruck by this, and quite upset that she is so mad at him. Hans says Urist should get a drink.
Time passes, because it was a really big drink. Urist wakes up now, perhaps as much as three weeks later, and is told he has to return to be debriefed by Baron L- Ahem. Bug in my throat. Anyway, debriefed by the Baron. This is a thinly veiled pretext to get Urist and Hans out of Spearbreakers, because Splint made a deal with the Ballpointers. They clean up the fort, and get to search it for Urist and Hans, who killed a... Reasonably large amount of Ballpoint mercenaries/soldiers.

Did this clear it up any? 

So that's where they went. Many adventures must follow! Urist and Hans must return soon, with many stories for their fellow fort members.

Rose was in it, did you see? :P
He's fucking with us.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: September 10, 2012, 11:45:18 pm »

Quote from: Hansie
[...] because it was a really big drink.

SPEARBREAKERS EXPLAINED: There was something in the booze.

Maybe Mr Frog slipped them a sleep aid, misjudged the dose, and forgot/didn't bother to mix them an antidote.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: September 10, 2012, 11:46:34 pm »

Heh. Nominated.
He's fucking with us.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: September 10, 2012, 11:50:57 pm »

Heh. Nominated.

Seconded. Also, there's been something in the booze since dorf!Mr Frog came here. The effects just depend on which mug you accidently drank from.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 815