Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2177983 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #5355 on: September 13, 2012, 03:39:53 am »

Regarding Reudh and his "sexy Spawn" comment: This guy are sick.

Reudh had been sampling some of Froggie's special brew.
Hallucinations abound. Plus it's no worse than the manamaids. :D

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: September 13, 2012, 04:12:09 am »

Draconik's Log Entry [Spearbreaker's Screening]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FS-1 Monthly Status  check [T-minus three weeks til "birth"]

Log: Supplamental.
(Only one Ninja, wow)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: September 13, 2012, 04:30:40 am »

So even gieger counters hate this place so much that they try to commit suicide by burning. And those are inanimate objects.

Excellent work Draconik. And I found the comment on it being abotu as safe as a nuclear test site rather humerous.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: September 13, 2012, 04:38:54 am »

So lemme get this straight. Some of the code names I've forgotten, but:

HS-1 is the original Holistic Spawn, as seen in Syrupleaf.
HS-2 is the Spearbreakers line.
HS-X I guess is an elite spawn.
FS-1 is the Spawn of Fischer. Immune to infection from HS-2.
What's HV-1?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: September 13, 2012, 04:43:54 am »

Vampires as DF depicts them.
---

[Ta da! Another peice of crap. Enjoy the time war.]

[Note *: They attacked a random group to throw off security, with explosions going off everywhere and reports of multiple intruders, they hoped Parasol would think the attack was larger than five guys.
Note **: Stable enough to be knocked around in battle, the charge's composites were not stable enough to take something five to six times the kintetic force of a regular rifle bullet smashing into it and rustling its jimmies.

There will be a follow up of what exactly happned to Koth later. She didn't die when that satchel she pulled off Aret exploded, though she was very dead by the time they escaped.]

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: September 13, 2012, 04:52:27 am »

HS-1 Is normal Spawn
HS-1G Is Elite (Greater) Spawn
HS-X is Spearbreakers Spawn
HV-1 is hemophilia vampirous or your Standard Blood Drinking Vampire.
and yes Gieger counters blow their lid here.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: September 13, 2012, 04:53:30 am »

Got ninja'd by Draconik. Further update to the timewar.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: September 13, 2012, 05:38:52 am »

26th Limestone, 208

I still can barely remember what I did for everyone to hate me so...

One of the workers, a mason of average skill, flipped me off today.
Mitchewawa, despite the brilliance of his overseering and his calm demeanour is standoffish to me.
Splint still calls me Sexy Spawn... and it disturbs me greatly.
Fischer doesn't even speak to me anymore, outside of orders.
Even Talvi just looks at me. Just... looks. I don't know what I did. Was it so terrible? Sweet little Talvi who everyone loves who loves everyone doesn't say a thing to me. I tried asking her about cavies but she just scuttled away.

The one comfort in this world at the moment is Rose. She still talks to me. Kindly, even. She doesn't flip me off or speak rudely or try and trip me up like everyone else does.
And then she says "I found why you were so strange. You were drugged. I won't go into who drugged you, only that it was an accident."

What a relief. I wasn't in my right mind... 

There's naught that's been going on in Spearbreakers. It's duller than back home.

Looking back on my records I see that I managed to procure massive improvements in our food situation. That's something to be proud of, I suppose.
I also apparently oversaw the utter destruction of three sieges, two of goblin and one of undead. The undead, according to my journal, fell easily. The second goblin siege went well. The first one, I apparently angered the army by inferring they were all weak.

Oh, even Draignean scowls at me. Happy Draignean, scowling.

I feel I shall live out the rest of my term as a meek overseer. I shall be conservative in my decisions. I shall keep Spearbreakers going.
I have been constructing pathways between the towers to aid with traffic and to add storage.

But... I have a horrible feeling that the fort will not tolerate me much longer, and it frightens me. I was not myself, and I've explained this, but everyone seems to still hate me.

I sometimes go to my room and weep. Rose sees me and comforts me and reminds me that all is not evil in the world. She's a good dwarf. I hope she and Splint are happy in the future.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: September 13, 2012, 06:17:06 am »

2nd Sandstone, 208

I heard an odd yelp from down the Smelters, and it seems that Megaman stumbled on the piles of bars down there and managed to bruise his arms. I have no idea how he did it.

I've ordered a shearing and milking of all of our resident animals, so that we may weave clothing in future. That and mugs will be what Spearbreakers will be famous for. Fashion Capital of the Responsible Outrageous Fences.

I'm feeling a little better. Whatever I was drugged with wore off about a month ago. My groin still hurts. Simon Tam said it was nothing... probably just some residual pain or a crimped nerve or something. "Plus, you're a twat." he muttered just at the edge of my hearing.

I know Simon witnessed my behaviour and so I assume he's justified... but it still hurts.

"Simon, I'm better now. I don't think I'll be as stupid as I was."
"That'll be the day..."

I can't take this anymore. I'm going to my room to sulk. Hopefully Rose hears me.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: September 13, 2012, 06:45:20 am »

6th Sandstone 208.

Rochia seemed really happy to see me. I was happy that she wasn't being rude like everyone else was... but then everyone else said that she had gone fey, that she was temporarily mad while she was inspired by some of the tourmaline she was mining. Smiling like a happy-demon she sprinted away from me while I lumbered after her.

I caught up with her where still grinning she claimed a craftsdwarf workshop.

Sprinting all over the place, she kissed me heartily before shouting "I HAVE ALL I NEED!"
She had a mass of various items laid out in front of herself, so I watched her work. "Oh, this goes there. That goes there. Oh, what a joy to live!" she gleamed.

The objects she used were whirling around as her hands worked almost faster than I could see. I hope I go fey one day.

I could identify them though.

She appears to be using lignite as a base for her piece, with rose gold, fine pewter, rough rose quartz, lamb bones and what I assume is dwarf bone, for she tells me it was "Degel Fokermorul's right upper arm". It's curved unlike any other dwarves... could it be the Spawn's bones? It sends a chill down my spine.

She takes a gargantuan breath, and proclaims she is finished, and hugs me dearly.

"This, this... I call this Romlamothor Agnol Raduk, Cloakerased the Obscurity of Bitterness! Overseer, have you ever seen a better trumpet?"

I could not answer anything but the truth. "Rochia, it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. But you are more beautiful, and I would love to court you."

And terribly, I saw the fey mood leave her and she cogitated what I had just said.

"Fuck off, Reudh."
Blast blast and double blast. She really did look beautiful in the middle of the fey mood. Oh, well. At least I got attention for the duration of the fey mood.

This is Romlamothor Agnol Raduk.
All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This is a lignite trumpet worth 42000Urist. It is encircled with bands of oval lignite cabochons, rose gold, holistic spawn bone, table cut rose quartzes and fine pewter. This object menaces with spikes of sheep bone.

I have gotten the economy rolling again. I had the remaining miners (Rochia was sound asleep after completing her artifact) dig out a new room to store our extra goods. No sense leaving them lying around everywhere.

The room was completed and everyone, most of all the Haula team (what a silly name someone came up with) started filling it.
I've gotten people crafting bolts of bone and iron. Bone because it is rather sharp and hey, we'd best use our enemy's bodies somehow. Iron because we've a mass of it.

I ordered the weaving of the yarn we have sheared into cloth for use next year. The smelters are working full tilt, and people are working very hard. It's a beautiful sight. Brings a tear to my eye. Stops the residents being rude to me, as they're too busy whistling a silly tune or working to talk.

Splint is still somewhat weird around me... Fischer doesn't talk to me anymore.
Rose told me what a good job I was doing now that I was myself again.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: September 13, 2012, 07:42:16 am »

Wonderful updates Reudh. Keep it up! Also: looks like you're pretty far in. Expect a siege or two around obsidian.

Xahnel

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: September 13, 2012, 09:24:11 am »

Rose's standard argument for why the overseer deserves a second chance: "you go down drugged booze for six months, let's see how wonderful you are at anything."

Can anyone think of a comeback for that?

Maybe a few people could forgive him before the year is up, long as he doesn't do anything stupid. I'd hate for him to have no freinds afterwards... He's so depressed and pitiful now.

Almost makes me miss the "hopped up on drugs" version. Almost.

I think what he needs to restore himself to popularity is a genius defeat of a seige or three.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: September 13, 2012, 09:44:02 am »

And then he could run on the platform of, "I'm an intolerable jackass, but I killed the everloving shit out of those goblins! LOVE ME PLEASE!"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: September 13, 2012, 10:09:57 am »

Rose's standard argument for why the overseer deserves a second chance: "you go down drugged booze for six months, let's see how wonderful you are at anything."

Can anyone think of a comeback for that?
"Yeah? I think if I downed drugged booze for six months, at some point I'd be smart enough to figure out what I was drinking was drugged - this is Spearbreakers, after all."
I imagine some people might think he did it on purpose. Or that he'd drugged the booze himself. "Self-medication", as Mr Frog would say.

Some people might be watching his booze supply just to make sure he didn't start it up again. Who would want their overseeing guardian to be hopped up on drugs, after all?

I smell rogue timewar agents. Unfortunately, the general populace has to be kept in the dark about the timewar, so there's no way to explain it away to the citizens.

And then he could run on the platform of, "I'm an intolerable jackass, but I killed the everloving shit out of those goblins! LOVE ME PLEASE!"
Lol :P Your sarcasm is hilarious.

Still, I do agree that Reudh deserves some friends. Maybe if we found some way for Lord Reudh to be let in on the timewar... I don't know. Just a thought.
Then again, since when do good things happen to good people just because they "deserve it"?

Edit: (now that I've read the story posts)
Draconik, that was brilliant. :D And you managed to work so much of the other canon into your journal entry, too.
    And the part with Fischer being immune to vampirism - her blood actually destroying the vampire cells - that's awesome. If she's immune to vampirism... might the actual Fischer be immune to becoming a Holistic Spawn as well? I think that if anyone could master the transformation... it'd be her.
    Also... your explanation of Reudh's insanity makes a lot more sense than anything I came up with... Hallucinogens soaking into the wood of the barrels... Bravo.

Splint, that was action-packed and awesome. :) It's too bad you're killing off Koth, though...   And I'm not too sure what to think about all the troop deployment plans and blueprints that Ballpoint apparently has now... Is Parasol screwed at this point? :-\ That kind of messes up a lot of my plot. If Parasol goes down, that's the end of it.
    Apart from that... Ecem and Bugi really know how to rip a place to shreds, don't they... :o

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:33:02 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Jack Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: September 13, 2012, 11:13:05 am »

Let's see...

My internet went down yesterday, so I wasn't able to post a thought/journal I had then, I'll do so now. Good to see everyone else is still writing, though :p

Just to put it out there, dorf!Magnus would be willing to give Reudh a second chance, since he'd likely have heard about the drugged booze pretty fast. I intended for my dwarf to not judge a book by it's cover, and be intelligent enough to see that Reudh's actions likely were due to the drugged booze, rather than his own foolishness. Now, journal entry...

I failed to note that not only am I (and dorf!Magnus) a smartass, I'm also a prankster as well. I found this idea hilarious, so I decided to bring it to life via journal entries.

Hopefully you guys find my prank as funny as I did when I thought of it :p
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 815